Favorite WHA Uniforms

Northern Dancer

The future ain't what it used to be.
Mar 2, 2002
5 K from the ACC
Thought the Hartford Whalers was very clever. I always thought the crest featured the letter W for Whalers then a friend of mine said, funny I thought the crest featured an H for Hartford. Turns out both are true !!

Last edited:

Gooch

May 28, 2008
Coeur d'Alene Idaho
Thought the Hartford Whalers was very clever. I always thought the crest featured the letter W for Whalers then a friend of mine said, funny I thought the crest featured an H for Hartford. Turns out both are true !!

I miss the whalers so much, I loved their logo, and their opening music they would come out to.

vivianmb

Jan 10, 2007
winnipeg
www.whocares.ca
my fav is the original minny fighting saints sweater. with the big S on the chest.
their team was pretty tough too.
jack "the big bopper "carlson( the brother who didn't star in the movie ),
curt brackenberry, bill butters, steve and jeff carlson,and for a few games ..the inspiration to ogie ogelthorpe,bill goldthorpe
none other than GM harry neale stated that jack carlson was and still is the toughest hockey player he's ever seen.

weaselsuit

Sep 3, 2008
Minneapolis Mn.
I agree with those who said that the Philadelphia Blazer sweaters were awful.

Remember, the Atlanta Flames debuted in 1972 as well. The Blazers just seemed like a Flames ripoff to me...

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon
Honestly, most of them are ugly. I only like the '72-'73 Cleveland Crusaders and the Indy Racers jerseys, the rest are ugly. I am glad the Oilers dropped the orange logo and the Nordiques the white logo, both were ugly before then.

SealsFan

May 3, 2009
How about ALL OF THEM?!?!?:highclap:

I used to have a small collection of game worn jerseys including a few WHA ones back in the late 70's...until I lost all sanity because I was out of work for a while and sold them all out of guilt!!:cry:

I had a first year Alberta Oilers orange... a blue Indy Racers...a yellow Chicago Cougars... I wish I had them back!!!!!!!!:cry:

justsomeguy

Sep 2, 2004
http://www.flickr.com/photos/29739351@N08/sets/72157606984662231/

Check the link above. Never before seen photos of Michigan Stags vs Quebec at Detroit's Cobo Hall.

I found these as slides buried in my collections. Only one or two games shots, mostly in warm ups.

Cheers--LeBlanc

Cobo Hall is a hockey rink? For over 30 years now I've thought it was just a concert hall.

Guess I'll go to bed a little less dumb than I woke up. Thanks for helping make today a success.

Brodie

the dream of the 90s is alive in Detroit
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
Cobo Hall is a hockey rink? For over 30 years now I've thought it was just a concert hall.

Guess I'll go to bed a little less dumb than I woke up. Thanks for helping make today a success.

It was actually Cobo Arena and at the time the Pistons played there, too.

Brodie

the dream of the 90s is alive in Detroit
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
I'm a fan of the Stags, Cougars, Aeros, Crusaders, '72-'73 Nords, Knights, Ottawa Nationals, Mariners, Racers and the '78-'79 Whalers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->