Favorite Non-NHL Arenas

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
Favourite is probably Prospera Centre in Chilliwack. Built to attract major junior,the Bruins play there now, but fans don't get into the games as much as they did when the Chiefs were in town.

Chiefs now play at George Preston Rec Centre in Langley. Awful dump. One of the worst arenas I've ever been to, the BCHL has a lot of bad arenas, but this is the worst. Trying to take photos in that place is a nightmare.

vivianmb

Jan 10, 2007
winnipeg
www.whocares.ca
The Arena at Harbor Yard in Bridgeport, CT (also known as the Corruption Dome). It's a great arena that's a little bit too spacious for AHL hockey, but it gets rocking like an old barn when we play the Hartford Wolf*Pack. It's also home to Fairfield University's basketball team, so I spend a lot of time there between supporting SW CT's hockey team and my school's basketball team.

The Hartford Civic Center in Hartford, CT. It always brings back some great memories, and I try to make it there for a Sound Tigers/Wolf*Pack game at least once or twice a year.

Danbury Ice Arena in Danbury, CT. Formerly home to one of the rowdiest hockey fanbases in the U.S. One of the few places where the fans actually managed to get under the opposing teams' skin on a regular basis.

Honorable mention: New Haven Veteran's Memorial Coliseum of New Haven, CT. This is where I saw my first hockey game, and the fans from Section 14, also known as the Jungle, were known and feared throughout the AHL. They eventually moved to Danbury for Trashers games, but they don't come out to support the Tigers for reasons that are understandable. Those guys knew their hockey and knew how to drive the opposing team nuts.

you forgot wonderland of ice . jk.
what about ingall's in new haven(yale whale). that 's a nice old rink.;)
and the arena at harbor yard is a GREAT little arena.

Brazz

This boat is 4 real!
Nov 6, 2005
I know it isn't the nicest arena but I always have the best time when I go to the Bob in Gatineau

Speedshank

Apr 4, 2007
Edmonton
Clare Drake Arena home of the University of Alberta Golden Bears is a great place to watch a game. Loads of history and tradition. You can feel the nostalgia. You can compare it to a smaller version of the ol' Chicago Stadium.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad