Fat russian goalie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
paul99 said:
For the ones intesrested...

So far, he played 318 min. for the weak Moscow Spartak.

GAA:2.83
Save Percentage: 89.51%

Don't expect to see him in the NHL.
Thanks scoutmaster number cruncher.

Madevilz

Nov 9, 2003
Montreal
hehe i love HF's analysis

Upside: talent dictates he could be a starting netminder, but he's got a way to go.

Downside: an overweight cab driver who is always reminiscing about his playing days to his fares.

Cain

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
paul99 said:

Quite the crystal ball you have there...

I wonder what other prospects don't have the absolute greatest stats so you can proclaim that they are all lost causes too.

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
Tricolore#20 said:
Oh well, at least Medvedev has two more gold medals than any Canadian jr team goaltender since 1997. He's always got that as a comeback against all of us.

Yeah but I heard that he tried to eat the gold medals cause he thought they had chocolate inside them.

zamboni

Apr 25, 2003
Visit site
Oh well, at least Medvedev has two more gold medals than any Canadian jr team goaltender since 1997. He's always got that as a comeback against all of us.

Yup. His work ethic and fitness level seems like something to frown upon, but giving credit where it's due, he was a major part in beating Team Canada.

If he can maintain the drive to get fit and make the NHL, he'll be able to laugh at so many people who currently laugh at him.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I really couldnt give less of a crap about how fat he is if he can stop the puck.

(I remember seeing him checking out team canada while eating a danish)

PSUhockey34

Jun 22, 2003
Austin,TX
Whats wrong with having a fat goalie, if you're 240lbs its not like you have to move around a whole helluva a lot....just hope he never leaves the net to play the puck

paul99

Sep 5, 2003
Montreal, PQ
Cain said:
Quite the crystal ball you have there...

I wonder what other prospects don't have the absolute greatest stats so you can proclaim that they are all lost causes too.

Medvedev only played 6 games so far. The number one Spartak goalie is Alexei Volkov, a couple years plder than Medvedev.Volkov played 24 games, with a GAA of 2.08 and a save percentage of 91.58%.

Medvedev ranks 31th among the superleague's goalies for the save percentage. Twenty-two of them have a SP of 91.00% and over.

Medvedev ranks 32nd for the GAA.

Crystal ball? Nope. But facts, observations and chats with the guy concerned and teammates to help making my own opinion, yes. Nevertheless, it doesn't mean I'm right.

That said, this is the privilege to anyone to believe Medvedev is a project for his NHL team.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Dempsey said:
Yeah but I heard that he tried to eat the gold medals cause he thought they had chocolate inside them.

:lol

As for why it's important for a goalie to be fit in one way or another... when there's a delayed penalty, he has to skate quickly to the bench. It's harder to do that when you have a lot of weight. Plus, he has to be able to get up quickly. When you have a lot of fat on there... man, is it TOUGH.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
He's always got that as a comeback against all of us.

You're quite right, he does have a lot on all of us. ;)

Anybody hear Krispy Kreme calling?

Clips of Medvedev making save after save after save against a generic team, who is tied with his equally generic team 1-1 going into OT. The shot clock shows Medvedev has faced 71

The teams are at the bench

"Oooh, comrades, I am beginning to tire."

Sound of his stomach grumbling

A computer-generated ressurection of John Candy walks up to the glass behind the bench

"Try these!"

Hands him a box of Krispy Kreme

Medvedev eats with a satisfied grin. He goes back out and makes 30 more saves until his team scores

Medvedev faces camera

"Krispy Kreme- save you from hunger!"

SedinFan*

paul99 said:

Players develop over time, more so goaltenders. I'd refrain from saying that in future.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I don't think this was mentioned yet, but wasn't it Medvedev that got yanked in the 02 WJCs and they showed him sitting on the bench picking his nose?

Talk about fitting the stereotype.

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
I believe it was moosefan (or another Q poster) that had the "Cooking with Andrei" avatar. Very well done.

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
Other than in his face, he doesn't look all that fat.

How many days a week do these guys skate? When I'm skating 3-4 times a week it's hard enough to keep the weight on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad