Fastest player from draft 2003?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolburnIsGone

Having seen both Horton & Stewart together in the summer here in FL at the prospect conditioning camp...Stewart may have speed but his endurance is lacking at times. And really, I didn't think Stewart was that much faster than Horton. They seemed to stay neck-and-neck when doing a lot of drills with Stewart just a half a step faster (maybe).

Frozen Testicle

If you go past the first round then it's Tim Ramholt.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Charlie_Girl49 said:
Dustin Brown and Jeff Carter are definitely up there. I've never seen Jessiman play, but I'll put Carter up against almost anybody.

I never was impressed with Brown's speed that much. Stewart and Carter are both defenitely faster among OHL draftees from last year.

Hitman*

I'd have to go with Belle (for North Americans anyway). Never seen any of the Europeans skate.

BlackJack21

Nov 6, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Mike Rice said:
in which order you think?

i say:

zach parise
hugh jessiman
anthony stewart

more above average speed players?

I have'nt seen skate a lot of them for exception of WJC player so
i have to go with Belle who beat the hell out of his comprtitor in all skills contest he goes...

BTW Parisé is, at best, an above average skater... from what I have seen from WJC. Is stick handlind and shifty move makes him look faster than he really is I guess...

BJ21

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
X-SHARKIE said:
If anyone actually saw these kids play they would know that Shawn Belle is definitly the fastest. Others include Tambellini and Hennesy with Polak in the group as well.

Yeah, it's definately Belle. Everyone seemed unanimous in saying he was the best skater in the draft when he finally went.

West

Mar 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
Anyone who doesn'y say Belle is a homer, he ripped away every compitition in the CHL skills contest. Kesler....lol Parise's speed is actually only average.

I believe that the only event he actually won was the 60 foot sprint. He did well in the other events also as did Carter, Bergeron, Stewart, Stall, Klein (I'm sure I should be mentioning at least 1 other player). I think Carter won the puckhandling and Stall was the fastest lap.

As for who's the best skater I'll put my money on Carter.

West

Mar 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Kryoptix said:
any european player ?
zherdev?
michalek?
kastitsyn?
glazachev?
:dunno:

I don't think anyone here's seen enough of the Euro's to stick their neck out. I heard someone compare Igor Mirov's (OTT 2nd pick) skating to Paul Kariya's though. If that's true he has to be right near the top of the pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad