Far Cry 5 confirmed. New location is...

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
is there co-op play? multiplayer? New to the franchise as well...

Xbox GT: Popemobile10 if you want to play with me

I haven't got it yet, but there is co-op. I believe the Arcade mode has multiplayer.

In fact, that Arcade mode has the potential to be this games lasting legacy, it could do for FC5 what Counter-Strike did for Half Life

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Two things:

-I hate characters that are mute.

-I love the Widowmaker.
Why do you hate mute characters? I am just curious, doesn't really bother me. Its like Link in the Zelda games. It's just how they do it.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Yep enjoying this a lot. My only complaint is that enemies look the same to me. Same face, hair and even most of the time outfits. Otherwise I’m addicted. Wish your friend could progress their campaign when you play coop with them. Kind of sucks they don’t allow that.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I wish the 1911 didn't sound like a peashooter.

Yeah I added a silencer to my semi-auto rifle and its great at sitting on a hill sniping dudes / animals but dang, I feel like i'm shooting a bb-gun lol. Which is why I rarely ever buy silencers in any game.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Just picked it up, pumped to play it.

I heard they took the towers out? I can admire a franchise wanting to shake things up a bit, and the whole tower climbing thing has more or less become a cliche for open world games, but I'm actually kind of bummed about it. I still loved that aspect of the games, and would always look forward to the more complex towers the further you'd progress.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Just cleared the island. Love this game so far.

For a game that is set in Montana, the Canadian accents are pretty thick and common.

Just picked it up, pumped to play it.

I heard they took the towers out? I can admire a franchise wanting to shake things up a bit, and the whole tower climbing thing has more or less become a cliche for open world games, but I'm actually kind of bummed about it. I still loved that aspect of the games, and would always look forward to the more complex towers the further you'd progress.

There’s towers.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Yeah, the towers aren't the type of thing they were in FC3, but they didn't go out of their way to exclude such structures and some missions feature that kind of stuff.

I actually encountered a bug on the side mission where I destroy the satellites on that tower for that Parker dude. You can't get to the final dishes if not for the help of Parker showing up with a heli, but that scripted sequence just wasn't triggered for me, despite several ascents. I ended up getting a heli on my own, jumped out and shot the remaining three while parachuting - and just as I destroyed the final one, they all re-appeared, along with Parker in a heli out of thin air. :laugh:

Finished the main story for the first area and that John boss. Pretty fun game so far.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Why do you hate mute characters? I am just curious, doesn't really bother me. Its like Link in the Zelda games. It's just how they do it.

Voice acting adds a lot IMO.

That said, I don't mind mute characters so much in games where you get to choose the dialogue, because it's like inserting your own desired personality into the avatar. When they are mute and devoid of almost any interaction, I find it a bit weird.

Not a deal breaker for me, but not ideal.

Reactions: Lancer

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Not surprised that some people are disappointed. The pitch they gave the press for this game was that it was going to be dark and political and then they wimped out. Wasn't hard to see as more footage of it came out, but it's still disappointing considering.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It wasn't that hard to guess that people would end up disappointed if they expected something edgy, political and/or thoughtful. It's a violent shooter from game developers (not documentary filmmakers), from "play it safe" Ubisoft, no less. Whenever game developers try to get serious or thoughtful on a topic, it comes off as laughably shallow, and to attempt to make any kind of point about gun violence in a game glorifying gun violence would've been particularly hypocritical.

Why, also, in a game on which their bottom line and reputation partly rests, would they risk offending so many different types of people, many of which likely gravitate to this kind of game, in order to appeal more to types of people who likely don't as much? Even though the early marketing was misleading, expecting "a different kind of Far Cry," as that article's author did, was still a little naive, IMHO. Ubisoft was going to do what they always do and take the formula that's been working, change the setting again and call it a new game. We shouldn't be surprised by that by now.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
I'm having so much fun with this game. I bought 4 when it first went on sale and only played a couple hours of it. I just did not like the setting.

I've spent 14 hours in it so far and have almost cleared all of one section. That's the most I've played of a non sports single player game in awhile.

As far as preordering goes, game companies are now giving out keys to streamers days before launch. Wait until then, check out some of the game play, and decide for yourself. That tactic actually got me contemplating purchasing it. I don't understand the stigma surrounding preorders.

Last edited:

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I really do want to play more of this than I have but I've been busy with a shit load of other things. This weekend is not going to help things either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad