FAQ: Going to Anaheim and Honda Center

Bender14

Mar 23, 2018
USA
Hello Ducks Fans,

I will be at the Honda Center next week for the Wild game and am wondering if there are any places near the Honda Center where I can grab a couple drinks before the game? Went to the Honda last year but was pressed for time so didn't do a lot of looking around. Also any other things or places to see in Anaheim as I will probably be around in the afternoon before the game. Thank you in advance.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Hello Ducks Fans,

I will be at the Honda Center next week for the Wild game and am wondering if there are any places near the Honda Center where I can grab a couple drinks before the game? Went to the Honda last year but was pressed for time so didn't do a lot of looking around. Also any other things or places to see in Anaheim as I will probably be around in the afternoon before the game. Thank you in advance.
Check the first post in the thread

Reactions: Bender14

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Hello Ducks Fans,

Danny K's is a great place to pregame, grab a bite to eat, and play some pool before a game. It's only a 10 minute walk from the HC

There's also JT Schmid's right across the street and Noble Ales brewery a short walk from the arena

Lazy Dog also has a great HH and good food. 15 minute walk from the arena

onlyalad

New rule: no goalies.
Jan 13, 2008
Hello Ducks Fans,

I am not a Ducks fan but I am going to suggest something different
Noble Ale works microbrew 15 minute walk
Flight deck simulation center it is kind of expensive but something I wanted to try

Bender14

Mar 23, 2018
USA
Danny K's is a great place to pregame, grab a bite to eat, and play some pool before a game. It's only a 10 minute walk from the HC

There's also JT Schmid's right across the street and Noble Ales brewery a short walk from the arena

Lazy Dog also has a great HH and good food. 15 minute walk from the arena
I am not a Ducks fan but I am going to suggest something different
Noble Ale works microbrew 15 minute walk
Flight deck simulation center it is kind of expensive but something I wanted to try

Thank you!

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
what is the parking situation like at Honda Center? Do i need to prepay for a parking pass or is there day of event pay when you get there parking? average costs?

onlyalad

Jan 13, 2008
what is the parking situation like at Honda Center? Do i need to prepay for a parking pass or is there day of event pay when you get there parking? average costs?
Parking in Honda lots is abundant and expensive ($20). Good news is there are lots of other lots a short walk away that are much cheaper. I have never had to panic for a spot. I would suggest not parking in a non charging lot if you don’t know because some of them tow.

Reactions: LieutenantDangle

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Question for anyone that is a season ticket holder- how much do the Ducks increase prices round by round? I'd just like some concrete numbers to compare to the Knights just to know how badly I'm getting bent over. :laugh:

I'm in the top half of the upper end and during the season I was at $35 per game (cheapest seat in the arena). 1st rd- $50. 2nd rd- $100. Now the 3rd rd they've gone all the way up to $190.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Question for anyone that is a season ticket holder- how much do the Ducks increase prices round by round? I'd just like some concrete numbers to compare to the Knights just to know how badly I'm getting bent over. :laugh:

I'm in the top half of the upper end and during the season I was at $35 per game (cheapest seat in the arena). 1st rd- $50. 2nd rd- $100. Now the 3rd rd they've gone all the way up to $190.

In short, pretty badly.:laugh:

My seats are in the 400's around the blue line, and for this season the prices were roughly the following:

Round 1: $35 (same as regular season price)
Round 2: $46
Round 3: $80
Round 4: $115

Keep in mind these prices are only if you renewed for next season. If you wanted playoff tickets only, without renewing, the prices are roughly 50% more.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
I just recently moved to Upland, Ca and have been debating whether to invest in some tickets for the Kings or the Ducks as its going to be harder to follow the Leafs from SoCal and it might be fun to take in some slightly more local games. The Honda center looks like the better bargain but I've never been to a game at either location and was wondering how the two compare in terms of view angles, ease of access, parking etc.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
theres no bad seat in honda center, driving to la is a shit show

Reactions: Srsly

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
Ease of access and parking goes to Ponda Center easy.
Parking in downtown LA for Staples is a mess on weekdays, and very expensive.
Driving from Upland to DowntownLA/Stapler would be 90min without traffic regardless of which freeway you take ... so if you're looking at it from a budget/time perspective, Honda Center would be better bang for buck.

But you should still try go to the Stapler for some games on a weekend when traffic and parking are easier.
From a "things to do" before and after the game perspective, Downtown LA has really been revitalized in ~ last 5 years and the whole Staples/Microsoft Center/Fig and 7th area is 100x time more interesting than Honda Center's surrounding area. Unless you consider strip clubs and Hooters "high culture", there's not a lot to see in Honda Center's neighbourhood other than the Downtown disney shopping area.

Viewing angles is personal opinion. Nose bleeds in Staples look weird for me, you have to look basically straight down to see the ice. Ponda nose bleeds have better sight lines IMO, and people are in general friendlier to visiting fans. Ponda has more of a family vibe.
Ice level seats at Stapler are very good, but from a $ perspective, slightly more expensive than Ponda Center.

Reactions: Srsly

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Thanks for the replys folks. I'm not sure if Downtown LA is actually 90 minutes from where I'm situated. I'm on the north side of Upland with easy access to the interstate which makes Google Maps give an ETA of 50 minutes to the staples center(granted thats ideal driving and that time can vary immensely with the sideshow that is LA traffic). The Honda center is about 45 minutes so the distance is somewhat negligible.

That being said, it sounds like it's probably the way to go if seating is optimal. I was paranoid as I've been to arenas in the past with obstructed views or poor ice quality effecting my enjoyment level. I'm looking forward to getting familiar with the Ducks roster and following a team in my new timezone.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Well I do think that Honda was selected as an arena with one the poorest ice in this year's player's poll... But with my, quite limited experience, finding parking around Honda Center during game days was a breeze and getting in and out was nice and fast too. Went to the Staples Center only once and can't quite remember the experience, besides from a bit cocky fans around us that one time, but the Ducks crowd has always made this stereotypical Finn (quiet, reserved, awkward, you know) feel very comfortable.

Force951

Jul 17, 2009
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Thanks for the replys folks. I'm not sure if Downtown LA is actually 90 minutes from where I'm situated. I'm on the north side of Upland with easy access to the interstate which makes Google Maps give an ETA of 50 minutes to the staples center(granted thats ideal driving and that time can vary immensely with the sideshow that is LA traffic). The Honda center is about 45 minutes so the distance is somewhat negligible.

That being said, it sounds like it's probably the way to go if seating is optimal. I was paranoid as I've been to arenas in the past with obstructed views or poor ice quality effecting my enjoyment level. I'm looking forward to getting familiar with the Ducks roster and following a team in my new timezone.

I am in Rancho Cucamonga, and it takes 40 mins or so to get to Honda Center. There are more Kings fans up in this area, but few of them actually watch the games each year. Nice thing is its reverse traffic to get to Honda Center, just some slowdown on the 57 just before the 91. Though you have to check if your better off taking the 60, 10, or 210 over there.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
Well I do think that Honda was selected as an arena with one the poorest ice in this year's player's poll... But with my, quite limited experience, finding parking around Honda Center during game days was a breeze and getting in and out was nice and fast too. Went to the Staples Center only once and can't quite remember the experience, besides from a bit cocky fans around us that one time, but the Ducks crowd has always made this stereotypical Finn (quiet, reserved, awkward, you know) feel very comfortable.

They really turned down the temps in the building at the Ponda and the Ducks players at least are happier with the ice.

As to Srsly's original question, Staples has three stories of suites that the nosebleeds are then on top of. Ponda only has one level of suites. There is also lots of free parking around Ponda.

onlyalad

Jan 13, 2008
Just for fun
Looking at metro link for a random
Saturday/Sunday game $10 round trip either place
Upland to Staples about 90 minutes
Upland to Anaheim 2.5 hours
So I don’t think that will work.
Train/light rail get you fairly close to either.
Nothing wrong with either place. Staples has more going on before and after games.
Tickets cheaper at Ponda.
Food, drinks, cheaper at Staples (I think)

PaddyMcStackin

Goalier Than Thou
Apr 18, 2018
Anybody ever get a single game suite and know the approximate per ticket price? Years ago, I used to occasionally receive e-mails from the ticketing department with discounted prices for mid-week and less popular teams.

Or is it 'If you have to ask, you can't afford it'?

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Anybody ever get a single game suite and know the approximate per ticket price? Years ago, I used to occasionally receive e-mails from the ticketing department with discounted prices for mid-week and less popular teams.

Or is it 'If you have to ask, you can't afford it'?
Never gotten one, but a promotional email I received from the team earlier this summer said that they "start" at $4400 for a 20-person suite, for what that's worth.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Hi ...jets fan here. I’d like to see the Ducks game tonight and was wondering what is the best way to get to the game. We have a car and are currently near Ventura. Should we drive there, or is there a recommended fast transit option? I’m guessing this has been discussed somewhere in these 33 pages

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Hi ...jets fan here. I’d like to see the Ducks game tonight and was wondering what is the best way to get to the game. We have a car and are currently near Ventura. Should we drive there, or is there a recommended fast transit option? I’m guessing this has been discussed somewhere in these 33 pages
You have a long long way to go. Drive. Taking the transit that exists will take you many many hours from Ventura. Driving will be quicker, but you really ought to leave now to beat the traffic. The rush hour traffic around here is brutal.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
am I the only one that thinks it’s kind of a joke that our watch parties are at the tilted kilt. not exactly a family restaurant lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->