Speculation: Fantasy Value - Victor Rask's future production

HolyJumpin40

May 15, 2014
I'm in a deep fantasy hockey league with a JV roster. I currently have Victor Rask and he's due to "graduate" to the varsity roster next season because of his games played.

I haven't seen a ton of Carolina's games this year, so I was wondering if you guys could give me some insight. Do you think he'll be a top-2 center in the future? Does he play on the PP? What are his strengths?

Thank you in advance for your responses! I appreciate it.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
The hope is that he will, and he should at least get the opportunity if they don't win the lottery since there's a lack of other options there at the moment. He plays on the PP but it's mostly been on the point this year. He takes a lot of shots, but I would guess his average distance is probably one of the highest on the team. He's not tremendously skilled, but could find himself a home on the 3rd line if he gets even just a little better.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
Judging by posts, past and present regarding Rask, I know I may be in the minority when I say that I find him over his head most of the time. He's young and may improve and I hope he does.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Judging by posts, past and present regarding Rask, I know I may be in the minority when I say that I find him over his head most of the time. He's young and may improve and I hope he does.

I agree with Rocky. I don't know what role a guy like him has on an NHL team that wins hockey games. He needs to make a big leap in speed, quickness, or strength. Just something that will allow him to create some better offensive chances.

Zezima

Jul 28, 2012
Charlotte, NC
He's a smart kid but it's too early to tell what he'll end up being. Upside being a good 2nd line C, downside an AHL scrub. Safe bet says he falls somewhere in between.

Characteristically he's an intelligent, responsible player. I think he has more offensive skill then most would and just needs to find more consistent confidence. Like every other player on our roster, he is not physical. His defense is above average because of his effort on being the first forward back and being sound positionally. I'll say it again, he's smart, so he wins 1v1 situations because he knows which ones to enter and how to get away cleanly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->