Fantasy trade - bring back Chara

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
1. Sure. He is a freak, his regimen is world class.

2. Maybe he will not be a Norris Trophy candidate, but as a second pair D he could still push his team to win.

I'd avoid a move like that. The window for this team just opened, and appears as though it will be open for a while. I don't see the need for a move like this YET. Maybe next year or the year after as a FINAL piece to the puzzle. After we see what guys like Reinhart/Pulock are capable on D, and whether or not Dal Colle is the answer to JT's LW.

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
It is obvious, the Islanders are building their own winning team.

Chara has started his career here, so it would be nice to finish it here too. And with another Stanely Cup.

Dont say, they must do it now. In 2-3 years..

i do not want him. I never liked the guy and i think he is is over rated.
yes he is good but i could imagine what Boston would want would be over payment.

What would you be trading for him. How can you have this post and not suggest your trade ?

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
I'd avoid a move like that. The window for this team just opened, and appears as though it will be open for a while. I don't see the need for a move like this YET. Maybe next year or the year after as a FINAL piece to the puzzle. After we see what guys like Reinhart/Pulock are capable on D, and whether or not Dal Colle is the answer to JT's LW.

A guy like chara is never a final piece. If you need to make that move to get a guy like him you are most likely not ready for the cup.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
A guy like Chara isn't the move the Isles should make. They either need to A)acquire a #1 dman from somewhere which most likely won't happen or B)Hope one of the guys they brought in or have in the system becomes that guy.

D is the least of their worries right now. It's not broke so let's not make dumb trades that accomplish nothing. You have the right idea but the wrong type of player.

Clutcherbuck

Feb 28, 2007
Albany, NY
Nothing against Chara, but you don't disrupt a teams chemistry right now, and hopefully in 2-3 years there is no need at all for him because our young prospects have stepped up.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
A guy like Chara isn't the move the Isles should make. They either need to A)acquire a #1 dman from somewhere which most likely won't happen or B)Hope one of the guys they brought in or have in the system becomes that guy.

D is the least of their worries right now. It's not broke so let's not make dumb trades that accomplish nothing. You have the right idea but the wrong type of player.

C.......d.......H.

Case closed.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Amen blink. CdH for the Norris. :)

I'm guessing he's going to need to grab hold of that QB spot on the top PP for him to start getting big recognition. I think most of the league has taken notice of him as a "good" player, but to get into that #1 territory he will need points.

Excited to watch him evolve.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna
    Wagers: 5