Fantasy/Injury Thread 2 (Visiting fans: all fantasy/starter/injury questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrwarden

Nothing Witty
Jan 31, 2007
Austin, TX
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=669213

(Mod): From the site rules: Fantasy League announcements/solicitations are to be posted in the Fantasy Talk and Hockey Video Games Forum ONLY. If you solicit on our other forums you will be given an infraction for spamming and your posts will be deleted. Moderators on the team forums are permitted to allow a fantasy league thread or two for that team's fans (e.g., NY Ranger Fans Yahoo Fantasy League). Anything beyond that must use the Fantasy forum. Only free fantasy leagues are permitted. If you're charging money for it, take out an ad.

And, if you are a visiting fan, do not clog our other threads with your fantasy question. Ask them here.

Starting goalies and other lineup info can be found here: http://www.dailyfaceoff.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
The Second Ever Fantasy Hockey Inquiries Thread (Injuries too)

Hey guys. In advance, this is not a troll post and I come in peace, I'm just genuinely curious as to what's going on with his offensive production and if his injury is still bothering him.

I ask this because he hasn't scored a point in his last 13 games (10 games post-surgery) and he was such an offensive beast in years' past.

I understand the team is struggling and Backstrom is injured (I have Ovechkin, Backstrom, Green, Wideman in my pool: diversification fail) but what I don't understand is that the Capitals have scored 20 goals in the 10 games since he's been back and he still hasn't recorded a point.

In 2009 he got a point on over 30% of Capitals goals so obviously this is an aberration so my question is: why is he struggling so badly?

I've only seen one caps game since he got back from injury and he looked decent but since you guys get to watch him all the time I thought I'd ask you guys, is he still evidently recovering from the surgery? What areas of his game aren't clicking (if any)? Is it all just bad luck?

Thanks guys and I apologize in advance if this is a sensitive topic. He's shown in 2009 and 2010 that he's a fantastic offensive threat and can make a big difference on a teams' offense, I'm just curious to know what's up.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Foy

Jun 6, 2006
The majority of his offensive output over the years was on the power play. The caps are averaging about 1 pp per game over the last week or so, and the PP is struggling at that. Kind of hard to rack up the PP points when there aren't any power plays?
His play in his own zone has been decent, not great. He's moving through the neutral zone as wonderfully as he always has. There just hasn't been much activation from out D men under Dale, and that hurts.

He's missed a lot of time, and might not be himself again until next season when he gets a whole offseason and training camp.

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
The majority of his offensive output over the years was on the power play. The caps are averaging about 1 pp per game over the last week or so, and the PP is struggling at that. Kind of hard to rack up the PP points when there aren't any power plays?
His play in his own zone has been decent, not great. He's moving through the neutral zone as wonderfully as he always has. There just hasn't been much activation from out D men under Dale, and that hurts.

He's missed a lot of time, and might not be himself again until next season when he gets a whole offseason and training camp.

Thanks for the response. Didn't realize the Caps were getting so chinced on the PP opportunities. 1 a game, that's crazy!

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Green looks rusty to me... mentally. But our team is a mess, in flux. The only real threats to push up to are Toe Drag I will do it myself kourwa Semin, and triple team me I dont care Ovechkin.

We need the PP to get sorted out to get Green some easy points. It starts with demoting Wideman to PP2 and getting Orlov more time. He is obviously our most polished 1st year D of the lot.

Green last year focused on defense and mustered a paltry 24 points. But he seems much more active this year, and the wheels are there.

Last edited:

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Green looks rusty to me... mentally. But our team is mess, in flux. The only real threats to push up to are Toe Drag I will do it myself kourwa Semin, and triple team me I dont care Ovechkin.

We need the PP to get sorted out to get Green some easy points. It starts with demoting Wideman to PP2 and getting Orlov more time. He is obviously our most polished 1st year D of the lot.

Green last year focused on defense and mustered a paltry 24 points. But he seems much more active this year, and the wheels are there.

I wish for the bolded too. Gives the opportunity to have each on their offside and set up for the one timer. I wish it would happen.

capsfan528

Dec 20, 2008
all falls on getting more chances on the powerplay..and he misses the net a ton since he has gotten back

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
So... what was the last update on Backstrom? Wasn't he originally planned to be back well before the playoffs? Will he even be back for the playoffs?

Tumsh

Jun 26, 2007
There's an article at aftonbladet.se (http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hockey/internationellt/nhl/article14524365.ab) posted on the 14th (Swedish time) which states that he has had "light" on ice training 2 days in a row now. Not sure if that's news for you or not.

Here's a quote from him from the article (translated by none other than... me!!!): "We'll see what happens. All I can say now is that I can skate "lightly". We'll take it from there, a concussion is not something to take lightly and you have to be 100% before you can come back."

JGardiner51

Nov 22, 2011
Leafs Nation
Playoff Hockey Pool

Leafs Fan comming in peace, dono if you guys are going to be doing playoff pools, but ESPN has a cap pool where you have 100$ to pick 2 goalies, 4 defensemen and 6 forwards. I made an HF group for everyone. It takes a few minutes to set up an account and pick a team and its fun and enjoyable. here is the link :http://games.espn.go.com/playoff-hoc...allenge/en_CA/

Group Name: HF Boards
Password: hf2012

tmack224

Aug 18, 2009
Buffalo, NY
New 24 team GM Fantasy hockey league

Hey guys just wanted to throw this out there. we have a new GM Fantasy league starting and are at 17 teams right now and looking to get 24. The Capitals are available. League has a full offseason with draft, resigning, free agency and trades. League uses Fantrax and is a full fledged fantasy league durring the year. It is a great time and really addicting.

Other teams are available as well so feel free to take any of the open teams just post it that you want them in the general board. Make sure to read the rules as well.

http://fantasynhlgm.conforums.com/index.cgi

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Hey guys, I had a couple questions regarding Green and Wideman.

Do you see the Caps re-signing Wideman? What do you guys think both he and Green will get if/when they re-sign?

Also, if Wideman and Green are both healthly for a good part of next season, and both re-sign, how do you think the PP time will be split up?

Thanks

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
I think you'll be hard-pressed to find a fan here who wants them to re-sign Wideman.

Whether we think it's likely is another thing entirely, but it would seem to make very little sense for them to bring him back given what he should be able to get on the market. They've got other positions they should be looking to use his money on, or other types of players.

So that's a tough question to answer.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
I really hope not. But we've heard Knuble and Halpern won't be resigned... and nothing on Wideman... which makes me worried.

Green got surgery, should be better. Will continue to get PP1 time (if Wideman isn't resigned, even though Green is much better on the PP...)

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I think George may be red shy about dispatching Orlov to Hershey next year. That's what needs to happen if he retains wideman, right. Is he going to trade Schultz? I highly doubt it after all the patience he has displayed.

We all assumed Wideman got so much preference over Green and Carlson because he once played for Dale. Dale love we called it. Let's not forget who it was that brought Wideman in here in the first place. I feel confident the two camps are talking = nothing on wideman.

If he and Green are here next year, I expect Wideman to get the lions share of early PP time. Green just doesn't rack up points anymore. Until we see otherwise, I remain bearish on him even potting 10 goals next year. I imagine at years end, PPTOI would be even.

If we retain Wides, does it mean George has no faith in Green? I would think so.

Liberati0n*

How much money do you guys see Carlson getting?

Hard to predict, but that is the best avatar I've seen on this forum. Senor and the Queen may be their best work.

Carlson had a very rough regular season defensively, but was pretty much the same on offense at even strength I think. He raised every aspect of his game significantly in the playoffs. It depends how each of those things comes into play and what comparables are used...if I had to guess, ~2.5M.

Terence Peterman

Sep 17, 2007
Hard to predict, but that is the best avatar I've seen on this forum. Senor and the Queen may be their best work.

Carlson had a very rough regular season defensively, but was pretty much the same on offense at even strength I think. He raised every aspect of his game significantly in the playoffs. It depends how each of those things comes into play and what comparables are used...if I had to guess, ~2.5M.

Living in the area, I got to go the video shoot for 45. New album's gonna be fantastic. Thanks for the guess on Carlson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad