OT: Fantasy Hockey Talk

Ducksgo*

Think we should start a general fantasy hockey talk thread. Outside of our forums dynasty league.

So ill start. Cam Fowler isn't doing to well in one of my leagues, so I'm thinking about moving him for a different defenseman. Any suggestions? Who or what I should trade for? My forwards are good and goalies just need some suggestions regarding D man I could acquire for Fowler.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
My suggestion - don`t trade him, but wait untill he have played at least 5 games, your oppinion might change.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
It depends on who is available on your league.

I had not much faith in Fowler starting the season (especially on the +/-) so I drafted other d-man (Burns, Wideman and Mcdonagh among others, in two different leagues though)
If Justin Schultz is available, draft him. That son of a ***** will score like crazy...

Ducksgo*

It depends on who is available on your league.

I had not much faith in Fowler starting the season (especially on the +/-) so I drafted other d-man (Burns, Wideman and Mcdonagh among others, in two different leagues though)
If Justin Schultz is available, draft him. That son of a ***** will score like crazy...

Think Schultz was a main target in most of my leagues. How did you have em ranked when you drafted Fighter?

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Think Schultz was a main target in most of my leagues. How did you have em ranked when you drafted Fighter?

Yeah, my D pool is not great to be honest but after years of FH I target mainly goalies and forwards which bring most of the points/stats.
Schultz was available in later rounds but in leagues with few teams he could be available.
I'm gonna drop McDonagh soon I think.
BTW between the two leagues I have drafted also Schultz, Keith and Seabrook ;)

Last edited:

Ducksgo*

Just it notified 5209 teams dropped Lupul in Yahoo Fantasy lol should I do the same?

seanerixon

Hows Bobby Ryan looking? I have him on my team, but he hasn't really done much so far. I know it's still early on.
I have a trade proposal currently on the table: Joe Thornton = Alex Semin, Bobby Ryan
I figured I'd probably wait until after the game tonight to watch him for myself. But what have you guys been seeing? Is he working hard, but getting snake bitten? Or he just looks sluggish?

Ducksgo*

Hows Bobby Ryan looking? I have him on my team, but he hasn't really done much so far. I know it's still early on.
I have a trade proposal currently on the table: Joe Thornton = Alex Semin, Bobby Ryan
I figured I'd probably wait until after the game tonight to watch him for myself. But what have you guys been seeing? Is he working hard, but getting snake bitten? Or he just looks sluggish?

If you can get Ryan for Thornton I would do it. But who are your centers? On your roster? And how's your bench?

Tonka

OFFSIDE
Apr 8, 2007
Hi guys, I have Bobby Ryan on my fantasy team. What's up with him? Is he out of shape due to the lock out? Bad linemates? Getting kind of worried as he's done nothing despite the Ducks having a couple big offensive games. :(

Stormrider451

Feb 1, 2009
Puerto Rico
www.avalanchedb.com
Well Ryan got 13 min and 0 PP time last game.. Getting some quality time I see. I too have him on my fantasy team and for years now as my keeper. Its been a pain to see him not reach his potential in Anaheim. The dude is one of few who has been able to score 30+ goals in last four years.. Only guys like OV, Iginla, Kessel and some very few others have been able to do so. And this is a Ryan who has had to be behind Selanne for years now, taking second PP time more often than not. He does most of his scoring on EV because of this, which makes it even more impressive. I know Anaheim has reasons to love Selanne, and the old timer has all the right to be on the PP unit because he continues to deliver.. But gotta admit, I have been wanting Selanne gone for years now as a Ryan fantasy owner.. As long as Selanne continues to play in Anaheim and perform like a superstar, Ryan will never reach his 40+ goal and 80+ pt potential. It would be a shame for Anaheim to lose this guy via trade or FA before he reaches this too. And he will, the skill is there.

Ducksgo*

Well I'd be selling Ryan for Thornton.
It's a weird ESPN league, so it's F, D, G. C/LW/RW are all counted as F's so it doesn't even matter.

I think I would do it. You still haven't posted your centers though?!?

seanerixon

I think I would do it. You still haven't posted your centers though?!?

My bad, I ended up keeping Ryan, and probably for the better seeing how quickly the Sharks have started to crumble. Here's my entire lineup. It's F/D/G based, not C/LW/RW.

F Claude Giroux, Phi F
F Rick Nash, NYR F DTD
F Patrice Bergeron, Bos F
F Alexander Semin, Car F
F Jamie Benn, Dal F
F Loui Eriksson, Dal F
F Cory Conacher, TB F
F Cody Hodgson, Buf F
F Bobby Ryan, Ana F
D Kevin Shattenkirk, StL D
D Justin Faulk, Car D
D Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Pho D