OT: Fantasy Hockey Questions and Answers

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
I think this assessment is accurate: 15 Goals; 35 Pts +/- 5 for either stat.

Pulkkinen killed it at the AHL level. Trouble is he was the top line guy there. If he played in Toronto... Expect maybe 40-50 pts. But here he is going to be 3rd/4th line. So it should take him 1-2 seasons to get into the top 6.

Anybody know if pulkinen is healthy and good to go tonight? I'm already down palat and Parise at LW and don't want to have to pick up someone else unless pulkinen is out again

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Anybody know if pulkinen is healthy and good to go tonight? I'm already down palat and Parise at LW and don't want to have to pick up someone else unless pulkinen is out again

Playing tonight on a line with Drew Miller and Andreas Athanasiou. So he's playing but I think that line will get little ice time.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I try to never carry a single hometown guy on any of my fantasy teams. I will generally take a flier on one of our younger guys in the last round. But outside of that I avoid the big guns in all our sports. Think you get caught overvaluing them to a large degree. Also it makes me double bummed when they aren't performing and we are losing as a result.

I have to do this as well

Only Wing I have is Howard, because I left my goaltending picks for the end of the draft

Johnny B Good

Sep 21, 2011
Sooooo, if Mrazek ends up getting the nr 1 in Detroit.. We gonna see Howard traded or settle in as number 2?

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
Sooooo, if Mrazek ends up getting the nr 1 in Detroit.. We gonna see Howard traded or settle in as number 2?

Howard won't be traded until the offseason at the earliest and I'd bet he won't even be traded then unless he asks out. No way he's traded during the season though.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
How many rookies do you have on your team? I currently have 6 (Larkin, Panarin, Duclair, Lindberg, Bennett, Eichel). I had Parayko until Shatty came back. Then dropped him for Kronwall.

Wonder how long my rookie domination will last? I am 10-0 thus far on the season.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
How many rookies do you have on your team? I currently have 6 (Larkin, Panarin, Duclair, Lindberg, Bennett, Eichel). I had Parayko until Shatty came back. Then dropped him for Kronwall.

Wonder how long my rookie domination will last? I am 10-0 thus far on the season.

I have Larkin and Panarin. Had Parayko and dropped him for Mike Green last week.

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
I'm 8-2 right now. Would easily have won this week but I finally sat Voracek after being frustrated with his production. I also have Barkov on my bench. They've both earned ten points each....

Zetterbergs Beard

Red Wins fan
May 20, 2013
Vancouver, BC
I decided not to drop Parayko just because there's ****ing nothing in terms of D in my pool's FA list. I bench him for 3 games and he scores a goal. Same with Toffoli.

I'm on top of my league right now, but only because I've been playing as many of my players as I can, going way over the limit on projected GP at every skater position. Now I'm planning to put the brakes on and bench guys.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I am in a salary cap league where we have to buy out players we drop unless they retire. I have a feeling they are never going to officially announce Franzen will no longer play. For a free drop in our league we need two credible sources that say he will never play again. My question is, like the Dupis situation will the wings organization ever admit that Franzen isn't retiring but that he will never play again?

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I am in a salary cap league where we have to buy out players we drop unless they retire. I have a feeling they are never going to officially announce Franzen will no longer play. For a free drop in our league we need two credible sources that say he will never play again. My question is, like the Dupis situation will the wings organization ever admit that Franzen isn't retiring but that he will never play again?

he won't officially retire but i'd think it's unlikely he'll play again.

there is incentive for both to have him on LTIR for the duration of his contract. for wings, no cap penalties. for franzen, money.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Holland isn't going to risk violating the rules of LTIR if he doesn't have to. Kind of a stupid rule for your league, it should be more of a judgement call.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->