Fantasy Hockey pool guides 2017-2018

Lint07

Nov 21, 2004
Montreal
www.HockeyTradeRumors.com
Ultimate Pool Preview is out, but before I spend on it, I have to ask, is this publication a compilation of all the other magazines (in which case it would be a good buy) or just another person's opinion.

Yes it is based on a compilation of every guides outthere + so much more.

Try it for yourself, you won't be disappointed. In fact, if you are not 100% satisfied I'll get you your money back!

www.ultimatepoolpreview.com/registration/

gverty

Dec 3, 2015
Left Wing Lock dishonest?

I decided to purchase this year my first Fantasy hockey analysis back. I ended up purchasing left wing lock package. I was pretty happy and seemed good, until I tried to ask them for previous years prediction accuracy.

It all started well. They asked: "what kind of statistics would you like to be posted?" Where I replied "Preferably all the previous years predictions and how well have the predictions gone or at least some average"

Didn't get any reply in a day or so. So I decided to ask if anything was available and also posted a link to fantasyref.ca/rankings to ask their opinion about it.

Thats when the mess started. First of all link to fantasyref.ca is somehow banned and it changes fantasyref address to twinksgalore.ca. Okey this could have been some kind of an error well I just type it with space so It gets through the filter.
After a while I went pack to check my post to see the reply it gotten. To my surprise I noticed the link was deleted. Okey I though they might have solid reason to delete my comment so I went and asked on a private message why they deleted it. Answer was pretty much that it is not trustworthy page and sponsors one Fantasy hockey guide. Sounds like solid answer to me and a good reason to delete the link. Then I did some quick investigating and didn't find any special bias to any website - okey their twitter might have few more replies to Dom's twitter posts. I though that there might be something I was missing so I asked via private message could you send me something to proof this bias that fantasyref has. All I got that this is not worth my time.

After this I was briefly banned from posting to Left Wing Lock forums, which got turned over once I asked why am I blocked to post anything on the forums. All they replied that they never blocked me posting to forums.

I can prove all of this with screenshots.

So the question goes: am I totally on the wrong foot and is Fantasyref clearly bias. Or is there something shady going on in the Left Wing Lock predictions?

After I posted this post to Left Wing Lock forum, my IP was banned from posting anything to their Forums.

Rocket of Russia

Needs more Tang
Mar 8, 2012
USA
I decided to purchase this year my first Fantasy hockey analysis back. I ended up purchasing left wing lock package. I was pretty happy and seemed good, until I tried to ask them for previous years prediction accuracy.

It all started well. They asked: "what kind of statistics would you like to be posted?" Where I replied "Preferably all the previous years predictions and how well have the predictions gone or at least some average"

Didn't get any reply in a day or so. So I decided to ask if anything was available and also posted a link to fantasyref.ca/rankings to ask their opinion about it.

Thats when the mess started. First of all link to fantasyref.ca is somehow banned and it changes fantasyref address to twinksgalore.ca. Okey this could have been some kind of an error well I just type it with space so It gets through the filter.
After a while I went pack to check my post to see the reply it gotten. To my surprise I noticed the link was deleted. Okey I though they might have solid reason to delete my comment so I went and asked on a private message why they deleted it. Answer was pretty much that it is not trustworthy page and sponsors one Fantasy hockey guide. Sounds like solid answer to me and a good reason to delete the link. Then I did some quick investigating and didn't find any special bias to any website - okey their twitter might have few more replies to Dom's twitter posts. I though that there might be something I was missing so I asked via private message could you send me something to proof this bias that fantasyref has. All I got that this is not worth my time.

After this I was briefly banned from posting to Left Wing Lock forums, which got turned over once I asked why am I blocked to post anything on the forums. All they replied that they never blocked me posting to forums.

I can prove all of this with screenshots.

So the question goes: am I totally on the wrong foot and is Fantasyref clearly bias. Or is there something shady going on in the Left Wing Lock predictions?

After I posted this post to Left Wing Lock forum, my IP was banned from posting anything to their Forums.

What are you even saying happened? Your story is all over the place with no clear picture being painted.

If I remember correctly, LWL has a portion dedicated to just what you first started mentioning - looking at previous predictions for players to improve or fall off and comparing them to the season. It's just looking at player's with abnormally low and abnormally high shooting percentage and guessing they will return to mean.

For what it's worth I find it helpful.

MourningWidows1

Sep 28, 2017
Was recently introduced to this site, great stuff.

Probably late into the game, with many drafts already completed, but at least I have an idea of what to check out for next season.

I have used The Forecaster, McKeens, DobberHockey and PrimePucks in the past. Currently I use Dobber and PrimePucks. Dobber has a wealth of information for the NHL, and good to read up on some of his thoughts (i.e. he is the one who introduced me to the 4th year breakout phenom), but I really love the prospects guide. I used to collect cards and used the prospect guide as players I would want to target. Sometimes the wealth of data could be too much.

I like PrimePucks as a different perspective. Also, it is concise and straight to the point in terms of analysis. One page, one team. Easy to flip through (printed) and scroll through (PDF file). I can print it out and take it with me, and it is updated quite frequently during the preseason. The sleepers and darkhouse section, one can find a few gems. The tier system is an excellent concept, and great in not missing out on some underrated players.

The other good thing is that the person who runs it, is available for questions.

Reactions: razor2112

Steve Voutsas

Oct 18, 2017
PrimePucks is the guide that I been using religiously for the last few years. Love the concise yet informative fantasy team pages. Don't have time to spend hours reading so their analysis is on point and quick... their fantasy tier system is my best friend on draft day....

Reactions: razor2112

razor2112

Aug 2, 2017
New York
PrimePucks is the guide that I been using religiously for the last few years. Love the concise yet informative fantasy team pages. Don't have time to spend hours reading so their analysis is on point and quick... their fantasy tier system is my best friend on draft day....
Thanks! Glad you find it helpful!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->