Fantasy Draft,salary cap league

PulpFriction

Mar 24, 2009
Been participating in a pretty basic fantasy league with some friends for some time now and just thought i'd ask here how you guys thought i did in the draft(snake draft, got the 5th pick):

It's basically a 7 player league, 20 picks(12 fowards, 6 defensemen and 2 goalies)

Salary Cap: $69M (Thing is with salary cap, the salary that our pool manager considers is the curent year's player salary, no bonus, so it's not the real "cap hit" so guys on entry level contracts and on cheap deals sometime go earlier and are more popular picks than would normally be)

Point categories:

Players:
1 point/goal, 1 point/assist,
1 bonus point for gwg, hat trick, shootout goals

Goaltenders:
2 points/victory, 1 point for OT/SO loss, 1 point/assist
bonus point for shutout

Here's my team:

F - John Tavares
F - Jamie Benn
F - Taylor Hall
F - Max Pacioretty
F - Valeri Nichushkin
F - Alex Galchenyuk
F - James Van Riemsdyk
F - Jonathan Huberdeau
F - Aleksander Barkov
F - Patric Hornqvist
F - Logan Couture
F - Jiri Tlusty

D - Jacob Trouba
D - Dougie Hamilton
D - Kevin Shattenkirk
D - Justin Faulk
D - Tyson Barrie
D - Jared Spurgeon

G - Carey Price
G - Kari Lehtonen

Looking at that roster, I may be hoping for a bit too many young guys to breakout but overall I don't think I did too bad. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
your defence will probably be your downfall. If it's a 7 person league you should have got at least one elite d-man.Your offense and goaltending is very good though,is it a keeper league?

PulpFriction

Mar 24, 2009
no it's not a keeper league.

I'm fully aware that my defense is average and those are mostly the players I was referring to when talking about "hoping young guys to breakout" in the op. Lots of those are young guys that I think could breakout offensively or should i say hoping they will.

Reason why I don't have any established "elite" d-man is due to the salary cap and point system. Those guys are expensive and don't produce as much as elite fowards for the same price.

My strategy when drafting was getting decent producing d-men that were more on the cheap side so that it would leave me with more cap space for fowards if it makes any sense. Overall, hoping it will provide me with more points.

Guess I'll see if this reasonning pays off.

Also, I forgot to mention in the OP that we are only allowed 3 trades during the whole year if it changes anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: