OT: Fantasy Dilemma

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Opening this up for some outside guidance since i'm garbage at paying attention to prospects.

I'm currently sitting at 11th place in my fantasy league with 8 teams making the playoffs. I was proposed the following trade:

1st round pick (guy proposing the trade is in first so this will be a late round pick)
Alex Tuch
Brandon Carlo
Martin Jones
Thatcher Demko
Ryan Pulock I forgot to mention he's in the trade as well. for those who replied before edit time.

for my players:

Lundquist
Suter

I've hated having Lundquist, as an Islander's fan, but he's still an elite goaltender. He's been pretty bad of late and my only other goalies are Bobrovsky and Kinkaid. Just wondering what you guys think about this trade. Should I pull the trigger? I still have an outside chance of making the playoffs, but it's slim. This might be a nice move for the future. Any advice would be appreciated.

Scoring for offense is G A PP SH +/- FACEOFFS WON PIM SOG BLK
Goalies is W GAA SV SV% SO

Last edited:

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Opening this up for some outside guidance since i'm garbage and paying attention to prospects.

I'm currently sitting at 11th place in my fantasy league with 8 teams making the playoffs. I was proposed the following trade:

1st round pick (guy proposing the trade is in first so this will be a late round pick)
Alex Tuch
Brandon Carlo
Martin Jones
Thatcher Demko

for my players:

Lundquist
Suter

I've hated having Lundquist, as an Islander's fan, but he's still an elite goaltender. He's been pretty bad of late and my only other goalies are Bobrovsky and Kinkaid. Just wondering what you guys think about this trade. Should I pull the trigger? I still have an outside chance of making the playoffs, but it's slim. This might be a nice move for the future. Any advice would be appreciated.

Would't touch that trade with a 1000 foot pole from your end. I would wait to get
better offer for Lundy. Jones is hot garbage and who knows what Demko will be.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Opening this up for some outside guidance since i'm garbage and paying attention to prospects.

Alex Tuch
Brandon Carlo
Martin Jones
Thatcher Demko

for my players:

Lundquist
Suter

I don't know much about fantasy hockey, but I don't think I would.

Martin Jones is about to be 26 and nothing special. He plays a lot of games for the Sharks, but they're not great and he posts a mediocre SV%.

Demko, I've heard is pretty good. He's posted good numbers for BC, but I'd be lying if I said I knew much about him. I do remember him playing in the world Juniors and he played well. He was drafted by the Canucks.

Carlo is supposed to be a defensive d-man, so I'm not sure he'd get you many points given those categories. He's pretty large though, at 6'5" and 203lbs. He was drafted by the Bruins.

Like Demko, I don't know about Tuch other than what we've all read on the boards. Eliteprospects say he's a meat and potatoes guy, and he's quite tall at 6'4"...so he may have an offensive upside because he'll be counted on to do some grinding/net crashing. He was drafted by the Wild.

I don't know, I don't think the haul you're getting (considering two of them are goalies and one is a defensive D) is worth what you're giving up. Lundqvist won't stay down forever, he never does, and Suter is still good. If you've completely given up on making the playoffs, you should consider it I guess...otherwise, there's really no point in dumping those two.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I don't know much about fantasy hockey, but I don't think I would.

Martin Jones is about to be 26 and nothing special. He plays a lot of games for the Sharks, but they're not great and he posts a mediocre SV%.

Demko, I've heard is pretty good. He's posted good numbers for BC, but I'd be lying if I said I knew much about him. I do remember him playing in the world Juniors and he played well. He was drafted by the Canucks.

Carlo is supposed to be a defensive d-man, so I'm not sure he'd get you many points given those categories. He's pretty large though, at 6'5" and 203lbs. He was drafted by the Bruins.

Like Demko, I don't know about Tuch other than what we've all read on the boards. Eliteprospects say he's a meat and potatoes guy, and he's quite tall at 6'4"...so he may have an offensive upside because he'll be counted on to do some grinding/net crashing. He was drafted by the Wild.

I don't know, I don't think the haul you're getting (considering two of them are goalies and one is a defensive D) is worth what you're giving up. Lundqvist won't stay down forever, he never does, and Suter is still good. If you've completely given up on making the playoffs, you should consider it I guess...otherwise, there's really no point in dumping those two.

Yeah, Carlo isn't worth considering. Goalies are huge in this league because there are so little to go around, but Jones has definitely been underwhelming stats wise. Eh, I guess I'll have to pass. Lundquist is getting older, but I just paid a hefty fee to get him before the season started (he was my best option). Maybe I should unload him again this off season...

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Suter is a fantasy owner's wet dream on defense. and Lundqvist is Lundqvist.

I'd pass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad