Fantasy and lineup questions thread

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Hi, guys! I'm about to keep Getzlaf instead of Giroux in my keeper league for next season. We have pretty deep scoring (Hits, Blocks, Takeways, PIMs, fights, Shifts included). Getzlaf is much better on deep stats than Giroux. If he continue to be PPG, he will be better than Giroux in terms of fantasy points in my league. Even now with almost 100 points Giroux is 6.8 FP/g, but Getzlaf is 7.1.
I don't watch Ducks' games often. How would you rate Getzlaf now? How healthy is he at the age of 32? I noticed that he is playing 25+ min at the end of the season! How do you think, will he be PPG player next year? Any positive lineup changes in Ducks' roster for next season, which can influence Getzlaf's production? What's wrong with Ducks' PP?
Thanks for help!

Storm, Getzlaf is currently showing no signs of slowing down. Only game missed recently was with an illness. Carlyle rides his top players, so as long as he is Duck coach Getzlaf will play big minutes. He has been consistently racking up points playing with Rakell and Perry, though Perry at times has shown signs of slippage. Next year, it's possible that Eaves could play with Getz, if he returns. Less likely, but possible, maybe Kase could be promoted to Getz's line. Ducks PP has been bad most of the season, there are all kinds of theories as to why.

Reactions: Storm

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
Hey fellow Ducks. I play in a one year fantasy league, 10 guys, h2h, stats counted are G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG HITS. I am torn between picking up either Brandon Montour or Josh Manson. We start 4 dman and I currently have on my roster: Yandle, Petry, Muzzin, Niskanen. Who would you choose between Montour or Manson? Or should I leave my D the way it is? Gracias!

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
Dump Muzzin, pickup Montour.
the extra hits Manson gets you is not enough to offset the extra G/A/P/PPP/SOG Montour will get you.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
I was thinking dumping Niskanen for Montour.

Their numbers are similar, but atleast Niskanen plays on Was, so by osmosis he should end up with better +/- by end of year.

LAK has worst offense in the entire league, and Muzzin is not offensively inclined at all. His - will get worse as year goes on i think.

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
Their numbers are similar, but atleast Niskanen plays on Was, so by osmosis he should end up with better +/- by end of year.

LAK has worst offense in the entire league, and Muzzin is not offensively inclined at all. His - will get worse as year goes on i think.

Muzzin is +6 and Niskanen is -2

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
+6 and - 2 are basically same at a macro level a qtr of the way in the season. Not enough difference there to sway your decision either way Imo

It's about playing the percentages and projecting the remaining season. Its up to you - do you think was or lak has the better chance to produce player with positive plus-minus by end of 82 games?

This is why I don't like leagues that play +/- stat. It's a stat that is hard to strategize for in fantasy. It's coin toss most of the time because it can swing so wildy for an individual player from season to season. Most of the time it's just a reflection of how shitty the team is than the actual individual player.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
If Montour is still available in your league at this point in the season, it's pretty shallow, or most of them managers have checked out. There are probably other decent options available at def. I would dump both muzzin and niskanen if you have the opportunity.

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
If Montour is still available in your league at this point in the season, it's pretty shallow, or most of them managers have checked out. There are probably other decent options available at def. I would dump both muzzin and niskanen if you have the opportunity.

I will be grabbing Montour. Some other top options at D in my league are:

Pionk
Montour
Lindell
Manson
Keith
Spurgeon
Gudas
Oleksiak
Myers
Hanifin
E.Johnson
Theodore
Pulock
Lindholm
Boychuk
Heiskanen
Vatanen
J.Johnson

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
I'd go Spurgeon. He's on PP1 for Minny, and much like Montour his instincts are to push the pace on offense at 5v5.

Sami or Pionk are also on their PP1, and both would are good for hits category, but both NYR and NJD are not great at 5v5 so their +/- will probably not be fantastic.

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
I'd go Spurgeon. He's on PP1 for Minny, and much like Montour his instincts are to push the pace on offense at 5v5.

Sami or Pionk are also on their PP1, and both would are good for hits category, but both NYR and NJD are not great at 5v5 so their +/- will probably not be fantastic.

Going back to this question right now, who would you choose between Jared Spurgeon or Josh Manson?

Thanks

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
Hey guys, who would you play for the rest of this week Nick Ritchie or Jakob Silfverberg? Stats counted are G A PTS PIM +/- PPP SOG HITS. Thanks

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I know you have Boyle and Stolarz with your AHL squad at the moment. What are the chances either Ek or Dostal gets the call to play pro AHL hockey during he second half of the season ? I'm in a deep league with minor league rosters, I'm just curious to know a bit more about Anaheim's goaltending landscape over the next 6-24 months. Who's the guy to bet on. Gibson is good and young so that doesn't help. (my situation not yours haha). That said, I'm fine with any backup role. Cheers.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
I know you have Boyle and Stolarz with your AHL squad at the moment. What are the chances either Ek or Dostal gets the call to play pro AHL hockey during he second half of the season ? I'm in a deep league with minor league rosters, I'm just curious to know a bit more about Anaheim's goaltending landscape over the next 6-24 months. Who's the guy to bet on. Gibson is good and young so that doesn't help. (my situation not yours haha). That said, I'm fine with any backup role. Cheers.
Dostal will play in Finland, so not him for sure.

Reactions: TootooTrain

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
IMO the guy to bet on long term is Dostal. This is probably Miller's last season, so the backup is wide open next year. Haven't seen enough of Stolarz to have a smart opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: TootooTrain

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I've got a potential fantasy trade for Kase. It's a keeper league, so i'm looking at this season and long-term. What's the story on him, because I felt like Ducks fans here were really high on him being a 2nd liner even last season but now it seems like that's in doubt.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
I've got a potential fantasy trade for Kase. It's a keeper league, so i'm looking at this season and long-term. What's the story on him, because I felt like Ducks fans here were really high on him being a 2nd liner even last season but now it seems like that's in doubt.
The good-drives play with solid forechecking, hounds the puck.
The questions-multiple concussions leave him one hit away from IL (or retirement). Defensive play seems to have deteriorated this year. Always has played best with Ritchie on his other wing, he's now injured.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad