Fantasy and lineup questions thread

Tjuven

Nov 19, 2015
Bolanche
Currently got Lindholm and Manson in my lineup but thinking about picking up Thomas Chabot from Ottawa in case he stays up with the senators. So who’s best to keep or should I just stay put with both of them?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Currently got Lindholm and Manson in my lineup but thinking about picking up Thomas Chabot from Ottawa in case he stays up with the senators. So who’s best to keep or should I just stay put with both of them?

Depends what your league gives points for. Manson has more points to date and is showing some offensive growth but over the whole year I would expect Hampus to get more points and Hampus also gets PP time so will get production there too. Manson will end up with more hits and PIMs though. I would say their +\- will be pretty similar from here on out as they mostly play together.

I would probably keep both other Chabot tbh.

Reactions: Tjuven

Capslock17

McDaigle
Mar 25, 2009
Connecticut, USA
What do you envision lines looking like when (if) everyone is healthy? Rakell stays on the wing with Henrique on the team, right?

Kase seems pretty good, is there room/trust for him to find himself in the top 6? Cogliano seems better suited for the 3rd line.

Getz Perry Rakell
Kesler Silf Kase
Henrique Cog Eaves(?)

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
What do you envision lines looking like when (if) everyone is healthy? Rakell stays on the wing with Henrique on the team, right?

Kase seems pretty good, is there room/trust for him to find himself in the top 6? Cogliano seems better suited for the 3rd line.

Getz Perry Rakell
Kesler Silf Kase
Henrique Cog Eaves(?)
There've been no updates on Eaves since his release from the hospital. It isn't even confirmed that he'll ever play hockey again. The org is making quality of life noises about him. It's safe to rule him out this year.

It's sort of impossible to guess what the healthy lineup will be because the next healthy lineup will be the first one. It's not safe to assume that Cogs-Kesler-Silf gets broken up until it looks like it isn't working. Was our most effective line much of last year. Henrique and Perry had a good thing going on for a while. Kase plays well with Getz. So does Roy. So does Rakell. Kase and Vermette play well together too. They seem to want Henrique at center, but not always. This is what I'd like to see:

Rakell-Getz-Kase
Cogs-Kesler-Silf
Roy-Henrique-Perry
Grant-Vermette-Wagner/Shaw

With Rasmussen as the 13th and Ritchie in San Diego. What the lines will actually be...no idea.

jcbeze

Dec 27, 2005
Gibson or Miller tonight? I grabbed Miller just in case but would like to drop him for a forward if he isn't starting.

Thanks

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Hey guys, what's up with Nick Ritchie? Are you still seeing a potential second liner or will he just be a somewhat physical 4th liner? Any explanations on his difficulties this year? Thx!

jcbeze

Dec 27, 2005
when can we expect the goalie for tonight to be announced? I grabbed Miller just in case, but still....

thanks

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Hey guys, what's up with Nick Ritchie? Are you still seeing a potential second liner or will he just be a somewhat physical 4th liner? Any explanations on his difficulties this year? Thx!

I guess he saw nobody cared to answer me and showed me instead. 7 points in his last 8, at last. :)

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
I guess he saw nobody cared to answer me and showed me instead. 7 points in his last 8, at last. :)

I suppose since every other thread has been full of Nick Ritchie discussions nobody cared to take it on in another one :D He's definitely had his struggles this year but he has found himself in a very good company lately in a line with Kase and Henrique. They have good chemistry and Ritchie has started to look better himself. As long as he stays in that line he should be ok. At least the opportunities will be there for him.

Reactions: Violenza Domestica

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I love this idea for a sticky thread, Kudos to HF Ducks! Anyway, my question is fantasy related, but a little bit of a different take.

What are the Ducks typical lines if everyone is healthy, and are there players who play on lines above or below their ability (for example, Malkin in PIT is in no way actually a 2nd line center). Thanks in advance for your reponses!

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
@ Legionnaire11, when the Ducks are healthy:

Rakell-Getzlaf-Perry
Cogliano-Kesler-Silfverberg
Ritchie-Henrique-Kase
Chimera-Grant-Kelly
[Vermette, Brown]

Lindholm-Manson
Fowler-Montour
Beauchemin-Pettersson
[Holzer, Welinski]

Gibson
Miller

The middle six forward group and top two defensive pairings are fairly interchangeable in terms of talent. Kesler's line and the Lindholm pairing are more defensive, while the Fowler pairing and Henrique line are more offensive. I'd say everyone is pretty accurately slotted where they belong on the depth chart.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
@ Legionnaire11, when the Ducks are healthy:

Rakell-Getzlaf-Perry
Cogliano-Kesler-Silfverberg
Ritchie-Henrique-Kase
Chimera-Grant-Kelly
[Vermette, Brown]

Lindholm-Manson
Fowler-Montour
Beauchemin-Pettersson
[Holzer, Welinski]

Gibson
Miller

The middle six forward group and top two defensive pairings are fairly interchangeable in terms of talent. Kesler's line and the Lindholm pairing are more defensive, while the Fowler pairing and Henrique line are more offensive. I'd say everyone is pretty accurately slotted where they belong on the depth chart.

To add to this, Terry will probably play over Kelly and get some PP time (he was banged up, not a healthy scratch). Kase and Perry might swap places at times (Perry has shown chemistry with Henrique and Kase should be good with Getz so it might stick at some point). Bieksa may or may not draw in when healthy but that's not really relevant for fantasy purposes. And if we're talking fully healthy, there's also Eaves. He would probably start on the 4th line...but if he were slotted somewhere in the top 9, the first player to get bumped to the 4th line would probably be Ritchie.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Bieksa?

200w.webp

Storm

Sep 27, 2006
Latvia
Hi, guys! I'm about to keep Getzlaf instead of Giroux in my keeper league for next season. We have pretty deep scoring (Hits, Blocks, Takeways, PIMs, fights, Shifts included). Getzlaf is much better on deep stats than Giroux. If he continue to be PPG, he will be better than Giroux in terms of fantasy points in my league. Even now with almost 100 points Giroux is 6.8 FP/g, but Getzlaf is 7.1.
I don't watch Ducks' games often. How would you rate Getzlaf now? How healthy is he at the age of 32? I noticed that he is playing 25+ min at the end of the season! How do you think, will he be PPG player next year? Any positive lineup changes in Ducks' roster for next season, which can influence Getzlaf's production? What's wrong with Ducks' PP?
Thanks for help!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->