Fantasy and lineup questions thread

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Who would you guys go with according to these scoring metrics, Manson or Larsson?

Goals (G) 2.5
Assists (A) 2
Plus/minus (+/-) 1
Faceoffs Won (FOW) 0.2
Faceoffs Lost (FOL) -0.2
Hat Tricks (HAT) 9.5
Shots on goal (SOG) 0.1
Blocked Shots (BLK) 0.6
Power Play Points (PPP) 1.5
Short Handed Points (SHP) 6

I don't really follow fantasy hockey, but Manson seems the better bet. He's actually going to play. Larsson is still an uncertainty.

Also, looking at how the statistics are valued, I think Manson will carry more overall value, buoyed by +/- and shot blocking. I don't think either of them will put up much in the way of offensive numbers this season. I'm not sure on shots, but in terms of opportunity Manson is the guy I'd expect to see more ice time, and he'll probably have a better opportunity to get more shots. It's too bad hits and PIM aren't valued there. He'd do pretty decently.

My 2 cents.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I don't really follow fantasy hockey, but Manson seems the better bet. He's actually going to play. Larsson is still an uncertainty.

Also, looking at how the statistics are valued, I think Manson will carry more overall value, buoyed by +/- and shot blocking. I don't think either of them will put up much in the way of offensive numbers this season. I'm not sure on shots, but in terms of opportunity Manson is the guy I'd expect to see more ice time, and he'll probably have a better opportunity to get more shots. It's too bad hits and PIM aren't valued there. He'd do pretty decently.

My 2 cents.

Thanks. Looks like Manson is going to get top four minutes with out without Lindholm, right? What's a good comparable for him beyond fantasy reasons out of curiosity?

I went with him.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Thanks. Looks like Manson is going to get top four minutes with out without Lindholm, right? What's a good comparable for him beyond fantasy reasons out of curiosity?

I went with him.

Unless Manson falls off a cliff, I think that's a good bet. Even if he falls outside of the top 4(possible, if Bieksa is favored, and Vatanen plays with Lindholm), I think he'll still get respectable minutes. He'd probably still be rotated in at times, and the minutes would add up to more than a 3rd pairing guy, even in a 3rd pairing role. That's a big if, of course. I'd be a little surprised to see him outside the top 4, at this point, and for Larsson to get more minutes than him, well, Larsson would need to be damn impressive.

I've always viewed Manson as a bit of a Beauchemin-lite. Good defensively, can make solid plays, physical, edge to his game, and he'll drop the gloves. Underrated shot, too. It has velocity, but the accuracy seems a little iffy. It probably doesn't hurt that his skating stride is very similar too. It's eerie.

Manson's biggest problem, in my opinion, is that he's inconsistent. His play is a bit all over the place. It averages out to be a solid player, but I think it keeps him from being a good one(by NHL standards), even though he has games where he's very good.

He's one of my favorite blue liners on the team, because he's the kind of guy who will take one for the team, and he doesn't hesitate to defend Anaheim players. Combined with his play, he's an easy player to like.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Unless Manson falls off a cliff, I think that's a good bet. Even if he falls outside of the top 4(possible, if Bieksa is favored, and Vatanen plays with Lindholm), I think he'll still get respectable minutes.

I've always viewed Manson as a bit of a Beauchemin-lite. Good defensively, can make solid plays, physical, edge to his game, and he'll drop the gloves. Underrated shot, too. It has velocity, but the accuracy seems a little iffy. It probably doesn't hurt that his skating stride is very similar too. It's eerie.

Manson's biggest problem, in my opinion, is that he's inconsistent. His play is a bit all over the place. It averages out to be a solid player, but I think it keeps him from being a good one(by NHL standards), even though he has games where he's very good.

He's one of my favorite blue liners on the team, because he's the kind of guy who will take one for the team, and he doesn't hesitate to defend Anaheim players. Combined with his play, he's an easy player to like.

Sweet, thanks for the analysis. Hopefully he has a good year along with the rest of your team. I'm curious to see the moves made, because I think the pieces are there (or can be there). The right mix just needs to come together at the right time (like we saw Pittsburgh achieve last year).

Good luck on the season.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Sorry, I tend to throw edits in there. Bad habit.

And thanks. If you see rioting, fires, and lots of broken glass, it will probably be because things didn't go well this season.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Sorry to hear about the rough game tonight (Blues have had a couple already too).

You guys and gals think it'd be wise to drop Vatanen for Lindholm now that he's signed? And any idea when Lindholm will be playing? Vatanen hasn't been terrible from a fantasy standpoint, but I'm curious if Lindholm would be any better.

Stats are G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, Hits, PIM.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Sorry to hear about the rough game tonight (Blues have had a couple already too).

You guys and gals think it'd be wise to drop Vatanen for Lindholm now that he's signed? And any idea when Lindholm will be playing? Vatanen hasn't been terrible from a fantasy standpoint, but I'm curious if Lindholm would be any better.

I'd wait to see what the pairings are.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

Definitely don't drop Vats for Lindholm if those are the stats being used. Vatanen will have better numbers than Lindholm in most of those categories. Vatanen also gets top unit PP unit time where as Lindholm is stuck on the second unit.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Definitely don't drop Vats for Lindholm if those are the stats being used. Vatanen will have better numbers than Lindholm in most of those categories. Vatanen also gets top unit PP unit time where as Lindholm is stuck on the second unit.
Huh...interesting. I don't really follow the Ducks too much so I always assumed it was the opposite way :laugh:. Thanks for the insight!

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Huh...interesting. I don't really follow the Ducks too much so I always assumed it was the opposite way :laugh:. Thanks for the insight!

Yeah in terms of who is the better player, it's Lindholm and it's not particularly close. But Vatanen produces more offensively, hits more and shoots at a slightly higher rate. I think Lindholm should beat him in +/- and PIMs but that's about it.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Hello again Ducks fans!

Someone in my fantasy league has put Corey Perry on the trading block. If I'm being honest, I haven't really paid too much attention to the Ducks outside of Getzlaf and Vatanen, who I already have. I'm not the biggest supporter of having multiple players from one team, but CP seems too good to pass up if the price is right.

So my question is this. How has Perry been playing this year? Above average for his standards? Below his standards? And I'm assuming he still plays with Getzlaf?

Thanks in advance!

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
Lets put aside that were Ducks fans here. Who would you rather have in a one year standard h2h league where stats counted are G A PTS PIM +/- SOG PPP HITS. For the rest of the season?

Getzlaf or Thornton

So far this year Getzlaf has more G A PTS PPP SOG HIT. Thornton has better +/- PIM

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Lets put aside that were Ducks fans here. Who would you rather have in a one year standard h2h league where stats counted are G A PTS PIM +/- SOG PPP HITS. For the rest of the season?

Getzlaf or Thornton

So far this year Getzlaf has more G A PTS PPP SOG HIT. Thornton has better +/- PIM

Getzlaf if healthy. Few top end centres shoot less than him but Thornton is one so won't score as many goals. And Getz is still as good a passer than ever and is more productive.

The only issue is how hurt he is. Currently he's "day to day" with a lower body injury.

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
Getzlaf if healthy. Few top end centres shoot less than him but Thornton is one so won't score as many goals. And Getz is still as good a passer than ever and is more productive.

The only issue is how hurt he is. Currently he's "day to day" with a lower body injury.

Any update on his injury how much more time he will miss what is he injured with

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Any update on his injury how much more time he will miss what is he injured with

It's really hard to say because this franchise is awful at disclosing injuries but I would say he misses another 1-2 games. Carlyle said it wasn't serious initially.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Who goes tonight vs the Oil?

Gibson or Bernier?

Whomever doesn't go tonight goes tomorrow vs CGY, but need to know for tonight!

Unless there's a morning skate, probably won't know the answer to that until game time. I also wouldn't guarantee that they switch for tomorrow either, unless Gibson goes tonight. It could easily be Bernier twice.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Who goes tonight vs the Oil?

Gibson or Bernier?

Whomever doesn't go tonight goes tomorrow vs CGY, but need to know for tonight!

Yeah as The Sunshine Duke said we won't know until morning skate. Your best bet to find out is to follow eric stephens (icemancometh) on twitter, he usually reports who is off the ice first and will start in net.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Who do I draft, Silfverberg or Eaves? League scoring included Points, +/-, PIMS and Shots.

I'd like to have the player who will be with Getzlaf more, and will play on the 1st PP.

Any advice would help, thanks.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Who do I draft, Silfverberg or Eaves? League scoring included Points, +/-, PIMS and Shots.

I'd like to have the player who will be with Getzlaf more, and will play on the 1st PP.

Any advice would help, thanks.

Eaves will almost certainly be with Getzlaf and will also be on the 1st PP unit. I'd be hesitant with Silf, particularly since Kesler is out for awhile

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->