Fantastic WHA Breaks Silence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
For those who had lost hope, flip over to the fantastic WHA website, where an open letter to the fans will bring everything to light. While naysayers believed that Phil Esposito had quit the fabulous new league's braintrust, it is clarified online that he was indeed fired for back-door shenanigans. I wish I weren't so computer-stupid, could one of my fellow WHA believers please provide a link to this outstanding letter so others can join myself and other faithful fans in anticipation of this super league?? Thanks in advance and remember- don't believe the hype !!

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
chiavsfan said:
I'll help as much as I can Bucky (note there is no sarcasm in Bucky's voice at all)

Open WHA Letter

Thanks chiavsfan, I think it's great that there are believers like you out there to help bring this fantastic league to the rest of the world. No doubt you providing the link will help many potential franchisees connect with Mr. Hull & company... By the way if anyone sees Espositio, tell him not to bother calling me to arrange financing for his so called league. :p:

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
I like the History portion of the site, where the WHA takes credit for many of the more tasteless characteristics of the game.

"Remember that glowing puck everyone hated? We came up with that! Increased violence and ugly uniforms? That was us!"

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
The original WHA was credible and provided some good hockey entertainment. This new group is tarnishing the name. They should have their funding in place before they announce tournaments.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Lard_Lad said:
Well, not entirely, there were a few fly-by-night scam artists mixed in there. But at least they were competent fly-by-night scam artists.

They came through with the league they promised. A bunch of teams folded over the years but they produced some great players including 99 and alot of entertaining hockey. They even met the Russians in their own 'super series'. This new group can only dream of duplicating what they did.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
Ive got to say that the way they openly publicized the a) amount they had paid Espo and the b) manner they did it (with vitriol), is UBER-unprofessional. Honestly, when I was reading that, Im cringing b/c not only does it open them up for litigation from Espo (that letter is textbook slander if its not true) but it also sends the message to other "sponsors" that there is a level of unprofessionalism in business dealings with the WHA. How does it reflect well on the WHA when the private affairs of that deal are splattered all over the company website in an attempt to save corporate face. You think Tim Hortons, Molson et al will be jumping on that corporate wagon?

After reading that, the "WHA" should stand for "What-on-earth-are-they-thinking Hockey League".

NHLFanSince2020

What'd He Say?
Feb 22, 2003
Visit site
no13matssundin said:
After reading that, the "WHA" should stand for "What-on-earth-are-they-thinking Hockey League".
...or maybe it should stand for the "What-on-earth-are-they-thinking Hockey Association", one of the two.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Can someone please take the WHA behind the shed and put it out of its misery?

Please.

Wow talk about an unprofessional letter....It's like it was written by a 16 year old.

ti-vite

Jul 27, 2004
tantalum said:
Can someone please take the WHA behind the shed and put it out of its misery?

Please.

Wow talk about an unprofessional letter....It's like it was written by a 16 year old.

They admit to :
We are just regular guys, hockey players, peewee coaches, and fans like you,

You are not like us, and way below regular.

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
Bring Back Bucky said:
For those who had lost hope
, flip over to the fantastic WHA website, where an open letter to the fans will bring everything to light. While naysayers believed that Phil Esposito had quit the fabulous new league's braintrust, it is clarified online that he was indeed fired for back-door shenanigans.
!!

Amazing. An interested party, the WHA ownership group, has received negative press about the dismissing of two employees and they write an open letter to the fans to CLARIFY the situation.

And, in that letter, they wouldn't want to 'tell their side of the story' in the most favorable light to themselves (and their fans)? Never... :biglaugh:

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
no13matssundin said:
Ive got to say that the way they openly publicized the a) amount they had paid Espo and the b) manner they did it (with vitriol), is UBER-unprofessional. Honestly, when I was reading that, Im cringing b/c not only does it open them up for litigation from Espo (that letter is textbook slander if its not true) but it also sends the message to other "sponsors" that there is a level of unprofessionalism in business dealings with the WHA. How does it reflect well on the WHA when the private affairs of that deal are splattered all over the company website in an attempt to save corporate face. You think Tim Hortons, Molson et al will be jumping on that corporate wagon?

I couldn't agree more. I've never taken them too seriously but that letter was
something else.It almost seemed as if it was written by a teenager.Unbelievable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->