Fan590 says that the NHLPA with make a new proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
Fan590 update at 9:40am said that the NHLPA will be making a new proposal to the Owners in the next few days. If this is true, theyd better have a cap in it. If not, there wont be any hockey this year.

Last edited:

dawgbone

Jun 24, 2002
it doesn't need a cap, but harsh luxury tax penalties to at least get discussions going.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
no13matssundin said:
Fan590 update at 9:40am said that the NHLPA will be making a new proposal to the Owners in the next few days. If this is true, theyd better have a cap in it. If not, there wont be any hockey this year.

Welcome to LAST WEEK! Back to the Cap..sigh...another Bettman Lemming that thinks the CAP is the ony way 2 go.

Last edited:

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Isles72 said:
goodenow was on leafs lunch today and said that there was NO new proposal forthcoming

We'll see.

Right now it's simply a staredown to see who'll crack first...Bettman issueing a drop dead date, or Goodenow putting forth a new proposal.

IMO it's a no brainer, the PA *should* make at least one more proposal. And I think they will.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
Digger12 said:
We'll see.

Right now it's simply a staredown to see who'll crack first...Bettman issueing a drop dead date, or Goodenow putting forth a new proposal.

IMO it's a no brainer, the PA *should* make at least one more proposal. And I think they will.

I thought the same as you , but ol' Bob looked pretty confident today as a guest on leafs lunch when he was spewing the same ol company line .

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't care if they're going to discuss who should be coach at Notre Dame. Speak.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
go kim johnsson said:
I don't care if they're going to discuss who should be coach at Notre Dame. Speak.

Speaking of ND, I think I've heard just about enough of it. I had to sit through all ND on my usual Burger King lunch while listening to our friends Mike and Chris.

gerbilanium

Oct 17, 2003
FLYLine4LIFE said:
Welcome to LAST WEEK! Back to the Cap..sigh...another Bettman Lemming that thinks the CAP is the ony way 2 go.

Another New York sports fan who just can't accept losing their only weapon.

eye

Feb 17, 2003
around the 49th para
Visit site
Isles72 said:
goodenow was on leafs lunch today and said that there was NO new proposal forthcoming

Goodenow had a real hard time answering some tough questions today. Hard to believe he has the support of his players when he can't even provide answers that actually make sense to some very important questions. After the interview I was more convinced than ever that this guy may have been good for the players in good times but he is as bad as it gets for the current financial climate of the NHL. He just doesn't care about the NHL, it's franchises, it's players or the fans. He only cares about his own Pacific Ocean sized EGO.

At least Bettman comes across as a business person that understands there is a problem and is willing to do whatever it takes to get it fixed right this time. The NHLPA took advantage of the letter of intent in 1994 using their own grievance procedure to their benefit and Bettman and the owners won't allow that to happen this time. I look forward to The New NHL and a league where Goodenow has no place representing the best interests of the players and the game.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Perhaps the next NHLPA proposal will simply be that the season is cancelled. And tell Bettman to drop dead.

Why bother putting forth a proposal to someone who doesnt want compromise? There's no point.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
thinkwild said:
Why bother putting forth a proposal to someone who doesnt want compromise? There's no point.

I agree completely, thinkwild. Screw the NHLPA: Bring on the replacement players, or, better yet, put AHL teams in their respective father-cities, as is being rumored by TSN.

Theres the way out: Make a cap, screw the PA and have half decent hockey for next year.

Id say thats win-win-win, and without ANY compromise.

dunwoody_joe

Mar 16, 2002
atlanta
Visit site
I have a compromise: Give me back my money and call me when you get this resolved. I'm losing interest.

I am growing more resentful by the day. The Thrashers are holding an entire season's worth of my money for the right to keep my seats (which I have had 4 years). If the AHL Wolves show up to play, I'll probably go to a game or two, but not a whole season. If replacements, I want all my money back.

Actually, the replacements couldn't be worse than what they have tried to pass off as an NHL product these last 5 years, could they? :dunno:

Just let them all rot!

YellHockey*

dunwoody_joe said:
I have a compromise: Give me back my money and call me when you get this resolved. I'm losing interest.

I am growing more resentful by the day. The Thrashers are holding an entire season's worth of my money for the right to keep my seats (which I have had 4 years). If the AHL Wolves show up to play, I'll probably go to a game or two, but not a whole season. If replacements, I want all my money back.

:handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Originally Posted by thinkwild

no13matssundin said:
I agree completely, thinkwild. Screw the NHLPA: Bring on the replacement players, or, better yet, put AHL teams in their respective father-cities, as is being rumored by TSN.

Theres the way out: Make a cap, screw the PA and have half decent hockey for next year.

Id say thats win-win-win, and without ANY compromise.

Sorry to burst your bubble..but hes talking about the Owners not wanting to compromise. But i thought u would have known that if your following whats going on...Day 1...Hard Cap....Day 80 or whatever it is...Hard Cap...wow what great copromising the owners r doing :shakehead

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
FLYLine4LIFE said:
Sorry to burst your bubble..but hes talking about the Owners not wanting to compromise. But i thought u would have known that if your following whats going on...Day 1...Hard Cap....Day 80 or whatever it is...Hard Cap...wow what great copromising the owners r doing :shakehead

sort of like day 1: no cap of any nature and day 80: no cap of any nature.

Owners have made a concession on increased revenue sharing. Players have made a minor concession on a rollback (made back and then some on the very next contract for most players) and a very minor luxury tax.

There is one major concession that will have to be made. Either the owners give up trying to get salaries tied to league revenues so there is a predictable salary structure from year to year or the player give in and tie salaries to revenue. Given the league is indeed losing a bunch of money (no matter what report you look at) I'd say the most likely scenario is the concession on the players part if the league is to get healthy and stay healthy.

UNtil one of those things happens NEITHER side can be said to compromising at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad