Fan590 reporting ... NHL/NHLPA Wednesday meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDaddy TLC*

Habs13 said:
These bastards are on an original six city pub crawl now.. this is getting out of hand! Montreal, Boston, New York, Detroit and Toronto to go!
Awesome response to this insanity! :lol

The Maltais Falcon

Jan 9, 2005
Atlanta, GA
FLYLine4LIFE said:
Breaking News: Saskin earpiece fell out durning the meeting and Linden quickly realized it was Bettman on the other end telling Saskin word for word what to say. Linden storms out.

No im joking. ;) But I wouldnt be suprised if Saskin is wearning an earpiece with Gary on the other end.
Why would Saskin be wearing an earpiece with Bettman on the other end?!

Lanny MacDonald*

Linden pulls out $50 and offers to buy. Hotchkiss quickly orders a double snifter of Remy VSOX. Linden suddenly has an epiphany and now understand the concepts of spending controls and a cost certainty.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Lionel Hutz said:
Any word how many beer they've bought? and who's buying? could figure in.

The Canadians did the buying considering the Canadian dollar has gained on the U.S. dollar

Considering it's lunch time,it's beef and broccoli and moushou pork with some soup

jratelle19

Jul 3, 2004
New York
It makes sense if they're having the meeting at the airport. I thought I heard something on the FAN 960 in Calgary to the effect that Hotchkiss, after the meeting, has to immediately fly out to Calgary for Bud McCaig's funeral.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
jratelle19 said:
It makes sense if they're having the meeting at the airport. I thought I heard something on the FAN 960 in Calgary to the effect that Hotchkiss, after the meeting, has to immediately fly out to Calgary for Bud McCaig's funeral.

Funeral is at night??

More likely once the meeting is over they can sneak away without speaking to the media.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
trahans99 said:
same here.... were not the only impatient hockey fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!! theres millions in Canada..............hundreds in the USA

Yep, there are hundreds...but as soon as they get off their vacations it'll be down to 7.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
trahans99 said:
or 2 : Bettman and Goodenow :lol

I don't know if I'd say they are hockey fans or not...they've let egos become the issue here, and done nothing for the good of the game. Nothing.

jratelle19

Jul 3, 2004
New York
Thursday afternoon at 3 PM MST in Calgary...

Thanks, Dugan. I thought it was tomorrow. I wasn't sure what time, though.

FAN 960 is reporting that talks are still going on, but that both sides are now discussing things in different rooms. Take from that what you will.

HF2002

Aug 20, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Moments ago on CBC newsworld a reporter has just said that he's standing outside the lounge they're meeting in. The segment doesn't say if this report is live, but as far as I can guess it is a live call from his cell phone.

They're still in there, he can see them (there are a few other media types mulling around), and every so often a reporter goes in to see if there's an update but there isn't anything to report at this point(as far as negotiations themselves). He did say that there are seperate rooms set up for each side to break away to each room if they need them.

The reporter gave his opinion that nothing will come from all this.

Not the best update here, but just thought I'd mention it anyway.

Crows*

Jus twatching newsworld and Scott oake said that linden has gotten calls from players wondering if "the last offer was the owners best offer and if it will be their best offer"

quartermaster29

Oct 15, 2004
USA
It's a difficult idea to grab hold of, this, meeting all day and NOTHING coming of it. Surely there will be talking going on. Right? And isn't the fact they are talking better than nothing?

I would like to think that they are ironing out the details. I am not going to say I have a theory as to what's being said, but I'd like to think there's some actual discussion happening.

Also, I'd like to think that with the desperate attempt to keep the media out of it, they won't discuss the results until Bettman and Goodenow have been updated and I would be willing to bet we don't see the results of this meeting until maybe even Monday. There will be tons of rumors I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->