Fan590 reporting ... NHL/NHLPA Wednesday meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
BREAKING NEWS

Linden just went out to pick up some smoked meat on rye sandwhiches. No news as to who they are for...

No no, just kidding. Please don't start this again.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Ismellofhockey said:
Where'd you get my picture?

Didn't they say at some point that the meeting would last for 11 hours of heavy negociation? That would definitely rule out a meeting early this morning.
Holding it in the airport seems to say they want to get away from it as soon as possible, I don't think that's encouraging.
The airport might also be convinent because they fly in to meet and they don't have to go far. I'm sure at a large airport like O'Hare there are many big conference rooms.

Ismellofhockey

Mar 31, 2002
Visit site
JWI19 said:
Well Blue is my favorite beer, damn must mean i'm French

I believe you meant to say "thank God it must mean I'm french" or at the very least "sacrebleu it must mean I'm french" right?

Molson and Labatt are from Montreal, Molson brews it's "Canadian" beer for Canada and the same beer is called "Molson Ex" in Quebec. Molson's color is red.

Labatt obviously went for Blue and calls it that way everywhere in Canada, as additional info: a few years back the company was bought by a Belgian brewer I think.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Breaking News: Saskin earpiece fell out durning the meeting and Linden quickly realized it was Bettman on the other end telling Saskin word for word what to say. Linden storms out.

No im joking. ;) But I wouldnt be suprised if Saskin is wearning an earpiece with Gary on the other end.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Ismellofhockey said:
Molson and Labatt are from Montreal, Molson brews it's "Canadian" beer for Canada and the same beer is called "Molson Ex" in Quebec. Molson's color is red.

I thought Molson Canadian and Molson Ex was different. It always seemed a bit different to me.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
no13matssundin said:
Kim, im getting tired of being talked over... you need to listen more:

In my FIRST post, as in, the post that happened BEFORE the latest update, they had Roger Millions on the phone on the Fan590 talking FROM O'HARE just after he just talked with BOTH Daly & Linden in the departure terminal.

So, next time, LISTEN before you post.

GKJ owns you.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
waffledave said:
I thought Molson Canadian and Molson Ex was different. It always seemed a bit different to me.

They most definitely do taste different, and both are available in Ontario.

Here's the beer's "stats" so to speak:

Canadian:

Brewer Molson
Alcohol Content 5
Type of Beer Lager
The classic Canadian lager. It is crisp, clean, and smooth with a pleasant hop character, fairly light in body and moderate sweetness.

Export:

Brewer Molson
Alcohol Content 5
Type of Beer Ale
An aromatic, spicy ale with fine hop aroma and flavour; moderate sweetness and notable ale character.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
HF2002 said:
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

Not so thirsty that I would drink Blue or Molson Dry. Give me Laker!

I wish I was a mod so I could ban the next person that goes off topic.

Each time I think there is an update it is about beer and pretzels!! :)

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
Bruwinz37 said:
I wish I was a mod so I could ban the next person that goes off topic.

Each time I think there is an update it is about beer and pretzels!! :)

I guarantee there's been at least this many references to beer and pretzels at the actual meeting.

"Bill, stop hogging all the dang pretzels..."

mileflames

Jan 14, 2005
T@T said:
Do you have a link to a media writer who said Harley is soft? I can tell you this: By the time the meeting is over Linden will think he's a basketball player...Harley is very very slick and anything but soft!

http://www.lieutenantgovernor.ab.ca/aoe/bio/hotch.htm

Mr. Hotchkiss has worked as a geologist, manager, and president for several petroleum companies. He is now self-employed, with business interests in oil and gas, real estate, agriculture and professional sports. He is vice-chair, director and part-owner of the Calgary Flames Hockey Club and a director of Alberta Energy Company, Landin Resources, Jascan Resources, TransCanada Pipelines and Telus Corporation.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
RangerBoy said:
On TSN's frontpage,the headline is Last Shot

How fitting
WHAT? Do you mean to say that they aren't drinking beer at all but WHISKEY
instead ? :lol:

HF2002

Aug 20, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Confirmation or official statements of what happened probably won't come out until closer to 6:00 - more people in front of their tv's or stuck in traffic.

Does anyone have a time machine? Surely the CIA has one, I mean, they have a weather machine, right?

HF2002

Aug 20, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
CBC Newsworld just announced that they have all checked out of their hotels and are said to be leaving Chicago for another city. It's not much of a report.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
These bastards are on an original six city pub crawl now.. this is getting out of hand! Montreal, Boston, New York, Detroit and Toronto to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad