FAN- NHL Lockout Teleconference 2/14/05

Status
Not open for further replies.

ResidentAlien*

Flukeshot said:
Out of curiousity how did you randomly come across that?

pretty simple- went to google > news> searched on "NHL Lockout"

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
Cool. Well if it is real it could be anything from a "season is dead" announcement to simply more PR and posturing. Could be a conference call to inform people what went on after a Board of Gov.'s meeting. At least the single hockey fans on these boards can maybe claim they have a date on valentine's day now?

ResidentAlien*

I dont know- FAN " Fan Action Network" I have never heard of it..anyone?? anyone? Beuhler?

Luc Labelle

Lucius 895 Injuries
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2005
Winnipeg
This is no really big deal. It is the Fan Action Network Foundation inviting the media to a teleconference and webcast as they are making a statement regarding the CBA impasse. From their website:
The Fan Action Network Foundation is a federally incorporated non-profit, non-partisan, organization dedicated to representing the views and interests of the average sports fan. Founded in 2004, Fan Action Network Foundation is entirely funded by contributions and memberships both individual and corporate. Our goal is to unify the voice of sports fans and mobilize their common interests so they have true and meaningful input into the operation of professional sport industry in North America for which they provide the financial base through the direct purchase of game tickets and through the purchase of goods and services from sponsors and advertisers in the professional sport business.
At the bottom of their site is a February newsletter that outlines their motivation to have an active say in the business of the NHL and a part in the CBA negotiations.

ResidentAlien*

Luc Labelle said:
This is no really big deal. It is the Fan Action Network Foundation inviting the media to a teleconference and webcast as they are making a statement regarding the CBA impasse. From their website: At the bottom of their site is a February newsletter that outlines their motivation to have an active say in the business of the NHL and a part in the CBA negotiations.

I saw that after..it caught my eye so I thought someone here would know...see..i was right;) thanks

ResidentAlien*

Flukeshot said:
Out of curiousity how did you randomly come across that?

Now that I think about that questoin..what made you think it was "random"?
It was of course...do you have spidey sense? :amazed:

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
I'd never heard of the FAN organization or what how you at any time before and it seemed really really odd that they would know about a teleconference and the big stations wouldn't. I did not really comprehend that the FAN was the one initiating the contact with the league.

This is not to be taken as an offensive comment, I was just wondering "how does this guy know this without anyone else having a clue?" That's why it seemed random.

ResidentAlien*

Flukeshot said:
I'd never heard of the FAN organization or what how you at any time before and it seemed really really odd that they would know about a teleconference and the big stations wouldn't. I did not really comprehend that the FAN was the one initiating the contact with the league.

This is not to be taken as an offensive comment, I was just wondering "how does this guy know this without anyone else having a clue?" That's why it seemed random.

no offense taken :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad