Fan 590 Reports Players Are Angry

Status
Not open for further replies.

SENSible1*

Wetcoaster said:
In your opinion. Mine differs. Since the Trevor Linden call for meetings it seems to me that Goodenow has been in control of the agenda. YMMV.

This is not done yet and thus far, in the end in every conflict with Goodenow Bettman has come out second best.

It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings. We will see who is still standing or who still has a job when this is over. I just hope the NHL survives this.

Goodenow's job is to get the best deal for the PA. If he is willing to kill the NHL just so he doesn't come in second to Bettman, than he will deserve the pinkslip and lawsuits coming his way.

Strangelove

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Wetcoaster said:
It appears that many posters do not understand how to support an argument.

What you refer to as "cut and paste" is properly advancing and supporting an argument.

What temporary home do you refer to and what exile???? I do not understand your reference - please clarify.

What temporary home?

That would be the one where you were dubbed "Mr Cut & Paste"!

:dunno:

I didn't want to mention a different message board by name on this site.

If you have been known as Mr Cut&Paste on other message boards, I'll offer another hint: I'm referring to the site ruled by Strangelove & Thinker.

You seem a little tense Wettie.

Lighten up, everything I've said in this thread was intended as good-natured fun.

I was poking fun at your never-changing posting style and player-supporting position.

I did not intend to offend....

;)

Wetcoaster

Thunderstruck said:
Goodenow's job is to get the best deal for the PA. If he is willing to kill the NHL just so he doesn't come in second to Bettman, than he will deserve the pinkslip and lawsuits coming his way.
Sorry what lawsuits would those be?

CarlRacki

Feb 9, 2004
Wetcoaster said:
I understand that David Stern had been a managing partner at Proskauer Rose and had run the sports and labour law department for number of years. In an interview he stated he only joined the NBA as Commissioner when it was apparent that not doing so could cost his firm the NBA legal work and he agreed to do the job only on a one year basis. Interestingly he still works on a year to year contract and he has said that preserves his future options.

As far as Pete Rozelle he had run the PR for the 1956 Olympics and spent three years as GM of the LA Rams. Also many descriptions of Rozelle begin with the charismatic, born leader, visionary, etc. And Gary Bettman....? Apples and Orangutans.

Sorry to keep doing this to you ... but David Stern didn't join the NBA only as commissioner. In fact, he worked for the league for six years (as general counsel and then executive vice president, a position created just for him) before becoming commissioner. Before that, he was the league's primary outside counsel.

http://www.columbia.edu/cu/secretary/trustees/bios/Stern.html

http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/refpages/RefArticle.aspx?refid=701610442

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/biography/sterndavid.html

As for out of his weight class ... well, we shall see, won't we? The PA has all along said they would never, ever accept a cap under any circumstances. Keep that in mind when this thing settles and you're ready to declare victors.

Last edited:

SENSible1*

CarlRacki said:
Sorry to keep doing this to you ... but David Stern didn't join the NBA only as commissioner. In fact, he worked for the league for six years (as general counsel and then executive vice president, a position created just for him) before becoming commissioner. Before that, he was the league's primary outside counsel.

http://www.columbia.edu/cu/secretary/trustees/bios/Stern.html

http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/refpages/RefArticle.aspx?refid=701610442

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/biography/sterndavid.html

As for out of his weight class ... well, we shall see, won't we? The PA has along said they would never, ever accept a cap under any circumstances. Keep that in mind when this things settles and you're ready to declare victors.

Don't worry Carl. We'll both be here to remind Wettie should he be man enough to stick around. ;) I really hope he does, the spin job should be fantastic entertainment.

Wetcoaster

ToeBlake said:
What temporary home?

That would be the one where you were dubbed "Mr Cut & Paste"!

:dunno:

I didn't want to mention a different message board by name on this site.

If you have been known as Mr Cut&Paste on other message boards, I'll offer another hint: I'm referring to the site ruled by Strangelove & Thinker.

You seem a little tense Wettie.

Lighten up, everything I've said in this thread was intended as good-natured fun.

I was poking fun at your never-changing posting style and player-supporting position.

I did not intend to offend....

;)
I was unaware those posters "ruled the site" at the Canucks Central boards.

The problem they had was they did not understand how to properly support an argument. Instead they chose personal attacks, insults and denigration which were clear violations of that board's rules.

Strangelove

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Wetcoaster said:
I was unaware those posters "ruled the site" at the Canucks Central boards.

The problem they had was they did not understand how to properly support an argument. Instead they chose personal attacks, insults and denigration which were clear violations of that board's rules.

:shakehead

Okay, it's called Canuckscentral.

And it's called humour.

:teach:

Always a pleasure Wettie, always a pleasure...

;)

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
David Stern was extremly fortunate his league had Larry,Magic and Michael.Boston,LA and Chicago.Three of the five biggest media and television markets in the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad