Fallout 4: Still wandering the wasteland

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I cheated a bit. I did the walkthrough on how to get the minuteman ending where the Railroad and BoS all survive. Best possible ending I guess. Second time around I think I did BoS ending.

I definitely did some googling to make sure I wasn't going too far to get the ending I wanted. I'd gone too far for the BOS long ago so I don't care about that, I got a save waiting to do the Institute ending whenever I feel like it. Right now I'm just having fun with the mods

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Fired up Fallout Shelter on the iPad again. Haven't played in a year or two, lots of nice improvements since then. Great fun mobile game.

Now I'm itching to start researching mods and start off a new Fallout 4 character.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
Finally started this game - love it so far. Any of you guys play on Survival mode? I really wanted to, but only being able to save at beds & no fast travel made me decide to play on Hard mode instead.

Any tips for early on as far as builds go, and early gear I should be looking to get if I'm emphasizing intelligence & agility? I like to be super sneaky/stealth.

Also, any pitfalls I should do my best to avoid? I recall in Fallout 3 there being some sort of perk or boost items that would jack up your stats permanently, but if you already maxed your stats through leveling up, you wouldn't get the full benefit of the perk or boost or whatever it was. Any catches like that I should be wary of?

Thanks!

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I didnt like survival mode for the reasons you mentioned so I use a variety of damage modifiers to make it more realistic. Basically one hit one kill )on enemies and myself).

In my my normal playthrough I always go heavy armours and guns. No stealth for me.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Started up the new game last week with about 30 mods. The Seasons mods are wonderful btw, really changes the feel of the landscape.

I forgot by the time I had stopped playing previously I'd dialed the difficulty up to Very Difficult (one notch below Survival). On the new start I couldn't finish the very early main story mission with the deathclaw and power suit. Had to go level/gear up for a while then cheese whittle down the deathclaw at range to finish the mission.

Wandering around at level 6 I stumble into a raider encampment with a Legendary starred raider. I turn around and run, pretty sure I'm out of line of sight a second or two later when I hear a whistling sound like an artillery shell inbound. Boom I'm dead. Dunno if it was a fat man or some sort of other odd weapon. Installed some armor mods, but don't think I added anything with new weaponry.

Having fun. Installed the Sim Settlements mod and Homemakers, gonna start digging into those soon.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Installed the Sim Settlements mod and Homemakers, gonna start digging into those soon.

Make sure you check out the settlement expansions if you don't want just rundown shacks in your settlements, there's some pretty awesome little houses they can build. Or there's different types of houses for different types of settlements you might want to make. Awesome mod.

Reactions: mouser

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Started up the new game last week with about 30 mods. The Seasons mods are wonderful btw, really changes the feel of the landscape.

I forgot by the time I had stopped playing previously I'd dialed the difficulty up to Very Difficult (one notch below Survival). On the new start I couldn't finish the very early main story mission with the deathclaw and power suit. Had to go level/gear up for a while then cheese whittle down the deathclaw at range to finish the mission.

Wandering around at level 6 I stumble into a raider encampment with a Legendary starred raider. I turn around and run, pretty sure I'm out of line of sight a second or two later when I hear a whistling sound like an artillery shell inbound. Boom I'm dead. Dunno if it was a fat man or some sort of other odd weapon. Installed some armor mods, but don't think I added anything with new weaponry.

Having fun. Installed the Sim Settlements mod and Homemakers, gonna start digging into those soon.

Whistling noise is a fatman 100%. You must have a mod that effects leveled weapons/enemy lists as Ive never come across a fatman at level 6.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Whistling noise is a fatman 100%. You must have a mod that effects leveled weapons/enemy lists as Ive never come across a fatman at level 6.

Yeah, had Armorsmith and Eli's installed at the time. Had to later remove Eli's though as the meshes weren't linking right. Probably altered the loot tables.

Enjoying most of the mods so far. True Storms is beautiful. Got hit out in the open by a full monsoon radstorm at night yesterday. Could barely see a foot in front of my face and was taking 30 rads/second. Running around like a headless chicken trying to find some shelter while popping rad-x and radaways. Sprinted right through a roaming squad of super mutants and made it to shelter with about 90% of my health bar radded up.

The UI mod is great as well. Everything looks and works so much better.

EnvkY0bl.jpg

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I just picked up the GOTY edition and downloaded a bunch of mods. I really enjoy the seasons & the walking dead ones. Replaced all the creatures with zombies that require headshots. Makes it a whole different game to me.
Started playing shelter again too, that's more fun than I gave it credit for the first time around too.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I just picked up the GOTY edition and downloaded a bunch of mods. I really enjoy the seasons & the walking dead ones. Replaced all the creatures with zombies that require headshots. Makes it a whole different game to me.
Started playing shelter again too, that's more fun than I gave it credit for the first time around too.

I'd highly recommend looking at Sim Settlements and the expansion Rise of the Commonwealth if you haven't already.

Makes settlement building a lot more fun for me.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Has anyone tried the Fallout board game yet? The reviews are good, but I'm leary to pick it up without hearing from some peeps who have actually played the thing.

Friends played it at a board game café to see if they liked it. Some said they enjoyed it, other's said it was just OK. Some of the more critical reviews I've read that have played the game around a dozen times say that after 3-4 go's it can get really, really repetitive, and that it's not really fun to play after that.

I'd suggest finding a board game café that has it before you buy it.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Friends played it at a board game café to see if they liked it. Some said they enjoyed it, other's said it was just OK. Some of the more critical reviews I've read that have played the game around a dozen times say that after 3-4 go's it can get really, really repetitive, and that it's not really fun to play after that.

I'd suggest finding a board game café that has it before you buy it.
Thanks for the review. We only have one game cafe in my town, and they don't have it (yet).

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Finally started this game - love it so far. Any of you guys play on Survival mode? I really wanted to, but only being able to save at beds & no fast travel made me decide to play on Hard mode instead.

Any tips for early on as far as builds go, and early gear I should be looking to get if I'm emphasizing intelligence & agility? I like to be super sneaky/stealth.

Also, any pitfalls I should do my best to avoid? I recall in Fallout 3 there being some sort of perk or boost items that would jack up your stats permanently, but if you already maxed your stats through leveling up, you wouldn't get the full benefit of the perk or boost or whatever it was. Any catches like that I should be wary of?

Thanks!

I didnt like survival mode for the reasons you mentioned so I use a variety of damage modifiers to make it more realistic. Basically one hit one kill )on enemies and myself).

In my my normal playthrough I always go heavy armours and guns. No stealth for me.

Survival mode sucks in fallout. But is good in Skyrim. Imo

Heh, necro bump.

Started up a new playthrough with Horizon Survival as the primary mod. It's absolutely amazing, a complete rebalance of Survival mode. Some of the core elements:
- Sleeping/Eating doesn't restore health. Only health items and doctors.
- All resources are scarcer. And almost every single item you scavenge has a use.
- Survival save mode of only beds in safe places. (Note: easier and harder modes available)
- Expanded health pool.
- Whole new skill system with about 20 skills you learn. Most of the perks have been reconfigured for these skills.
- Companions can level up as well.
- Enemies are not bullet sponges with big health pools.
- All sorts of new crafting options.
- Leveling takes twice as long, but you can receive double perks per level so the perk pace is the same as the original game.
- Weapon upgrades need to be "learned" by scrapping weapons you find with the upgrade.
- No fast travel, but there is an immersive caravan option to travel between settlements as you level them up.
- Cargo bots that increase your carry capacity and can deliver items to your settlements.

Horizon v1.6

I've got about 15 hours into it and it just feels a lot more immersive scratching and clawing to find items and stay alive while slowly building up my settlement and skills. Your increased health and reduction of AI health/damage is a welcome balance change. It means you will rarely get one-shot by anything and most enemies are readily defeatable. The flip side is healing is expensive so the game becomes more strategic in picking and choosing your fights to not use up too much of your health or other resources. I've had many times where I pulled some mob into another mob just so those two could fight and I could pick up the scraps afterward.

My character is constantly sick, tired, hungry and thirsty. Haven't even been able to get a source of purified water online yet, so still forced to take rads when staying hydrated. Loving the misery :).

mod list:
Use these base instructions: Fallout 4 Mod List and Load Order Guide (BiRaitBec Modlist)
Nexus Mod Manager
Fallout 4 Configuration Tool
BethINI
FO4Edit
F4SE
xSE PluginPreloader F4
Achievements (F4SE)
Mod Configuration Menu
Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch
Raw Input - The ultimate mouse sensitivity fix
Looksmenu
Looks Menu Customization Compendium
CBBE
Unique Player and Followers Redux
… Enable CBBE presets
… Unique Player and Followers CBBE Bodyslide files
FSM Body Textures
CBBE NPC HeadRear Fix
Extended Dialogue Interface
DEF_UI
DEF_UI Iconlibs Rescaled and Fixed
HUDFramework
HUDFramework DEF_UI Compatability Patch
Power Armor HoloHUD
Immersive HUD
Improved Map with Visible Roads
Improved Map with Visible Roads - Far Harbor
Improved Map with Visible Roads - Nuka World
Automatically Lowered Weapons
Everyone's Best Friend
Place Everywhere
Scrap Everything
Settlement Menu Manager
Homemaker
Sim Settlements
Sim Settlements - Rise of the Commonwealth (note: this can unbalance Horizon, be careful)
True Storms- Wasteland Edition
True Storms - Nuka World Add-On
WET - Water Enhancement Textures
Boston FPS Fix - AIO
PaladinBaileyRedRocket
Horizon

Not installed, may install later after verifying compatilibty and checking Horizon balancing.
Wait: Horizon Skill Tabs in Pipboy
Wait: Visible Companion Affinity
Wait: Quicktrade
Wait: Immersive Fallout
Wait: Beantown Interiors Project
Wait: Snap'n Build 2.0
Wait: Salvage Beacons
Wait: OCDecorator Static Loot
Wait: Clarity
Wait: Puddle Remover Plus
Wait: Pip-Boy Flashlight
Wait: Power Armor Impact FX
Wait: Fallout 4 Seasons
Wait: Quieter Settlements
Wait: More Where That Came From
Wait: Atomic Radio and Tales from the Commonwealth
Wait: Wasteland Codex
Wait: Packing Textures
Wait: ENB Series
Wait: ENB Presets

Last edited:

Desdichado93

Jan 7, 2012
Sweden
One should be very careful with scrap everything since it can cause allot of problems and in a worst case
scenario corrupt your savefil. Place everywhere has it's own scrapping function and I would recommend
using it over Scrap Everything.

My current list of installed and active mods:

A Vault For Two - Day 1 Hotfix
Achievements - Achievements v1-0-5
Alford Street Bridge player settlement v2 - Alford Street Bridge player settlement
All Settlements Extended - ASE 2.0.2
Another Preston Garvey Institute Dialogue Loop Fix - All Factions - Garvey Institute Fix - No Rename
Armor and Weapon Keywords Community Resource (AWKCR)
Armorsmith Extended - Armorsmith Extended v4.5
ASAM Maintenance Software
Atomic Surgery - Companion Overhaul - Atomic Surgery - Companion Overhaul (Installer)
Auto Doors
B84s Themed Residentials - Sim Settlements Residentials Pack - B84sThemedResidentials v1.2.3.1
Barstool Games - Barstool Games_v0.1.2.1
Better Body Physics - Better Body Physics
Better Settlers - Better Settlers v2.0 NO DLC Master FOMOD
Bigger Railroad Logo for T51 Paint - T51 Railroad Logo - HUGE
BodySlide and Outfit Studio
Bridge to Spectacle Island - BridgetoSpectacleIsland.zip
Bunker Bay Colony - Bunker Bay Colony
Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Enhancer -CBBE- - Caliente"s Beautiful Bodies Enhancer
Cass And Fink Inc - Lost And Found - Sarah's Outfit - CBBE - Vanilla - Sarah"s Outfit - CBBE
Cass and Fink Inc - Pilot's Streetwear - CBBE - Pilot"s Streetwear
Central Settlement Armory - Central Settlement Armory
City of Quincy - New Settlement - City of Quincy V1.1
Classical Radio Freedom - Radio Freedom Alternative - Classical Radio Freedom - Radio Freedom Alternative
Commonwealth Cuts - KS Hairdos - ApachiiSkyHair - Commonwealth Cuts 2.5
Commonwealth Cuts - KS Hairdos - ApachiiSkyHair - Fixes for 2.5
Commonwealth Stormtroopers - Commonwealth Stormtroopers
Companion Infinite Ammo and Unbreakable Power Armour - Companion Infinite Ammo and Unbreakable Power Armour - SINGLE
Companions Go Home - Companions Go Home - Option 1 - Activator Version
Construct Water Towers - Water Towers
Craftable Balcony Supports - Balcony Supports
Craftable Castle Wall Patches REDUX - Craftable Castle Walls REDUX
Crafting Workbenches - Craftable Weapons Armor Clothing Ammo Junk - Crafting Workbenches - NMM
Creations by COOTS - Creations by COOTS Infinite Buster 2nd Try
CREAtive Gardens - CREAtive Gardens 1.1.1
CWSS Redux v2 - Craftable Working Showers Sinks Baths Toilets Urinals Kitchens etc - CWSS Redux
DDP AIO Standalone - DD All In One Standalone
Death Trooper Suit - Death Trooper Suit
DEF_UI
Diamond City Settlement - Includes Stands - Diamond City Settlement
East Malden Badlands player settlement - East Malden Badlands player settlement
Echo Lake Lumber - A Sim Settlements City Plan - Sim Settlements City Plan for Echo Lake Lumber (vanilla) - esp
Eli's Armour Compendium - Eli"s Armour Compendium - CBBE and BodySlide 1.5
Eli's Utility Jumpsuits - Vault - Factions - Camos (CBBE and Vanilla) - Eli's Utility Jumpsuits 2.4 - CBBE
Ellen - the cartographer - Ellen - Final version
Faction Housing Overhaul - Railroad HQ - Railroad HQ 1.2
Faction Housing Overhaul - Vault 81 - Vault 81 1.2
Fallout 4 Northern Springs DLC - Fallout 4 Northern Springs DLC Beta 1
FallrimTools -- Script cleaning and more - FallrimTools 4.0.1 (alpha)
FAR HARBOR CUSTOM SETTLEMENTS PACK- 11 NEW LOCATIONS - Far Harbor Custom Settlements ver 2
Faster Terminal Displays - Faster Terminal Displays (20x) Creation Kit Version
Femshepping's Autumn Fashion - Female Vanilla and CBBE - Femshepping"s Autumn Fashion - CBBE Body by schlafenszeit
Flotsam and jetsam Sim Settlements Addon pack
Full Dialogue Interface (NewDialog English and CN-DE-ES-FR-IT-JA-PL-PTBR-RU translations) - Full Dialogue Interface - All languages - NMM installer - Beta12
Fusion Generator - Fusion Generator 1 00
Granite Valley player settlement - Granite Valley player settlement
Grave Digger
Gruffydd's Signs and Posters - GruffyddSandP4.00
Gruffydd's Signs of the Times - Gruffydd's Signs of the TImes 1.4
Gunslinger Outfit - Gunslinger Outfits - CBBE reup
Heather Casdin - A Unique Companion Experience by llamaRCA - llamaCompanionHeather v1.03
Heather Casdin - Patches FOMOD
Homemaker - Expanded Settlements - Homemaker Complete Version v1.55.1
HUDFramework - 01. DEF_UI Compatibility Patch
HUDFramework - HUDFramework 1.0f
Improved Map with Visible Roads - Improved Map with Visible Roads 2.0
Improved Shack Bridges - Better Shack Bridges
Increased Settler Population - IncreasedSettlerPopulation30
Just another Piper Outfit - Friffy_Piper Outfit_Standalone_v1.5
K-Girl outfits - K-Girl outfits
Kid in a fridge - Peabody Family Settlers - Kid in a fridge - Peabody Family Settlers
KS Hairdos - Addon(s) with Physics - Main File
Laser weapons 1st person reposition - Institute and standard lasers
Leaders Of The Commonwealth - A Sim Settlements Add-on - Leaders Of The Commonwealth v2_2
Legendary Modification - Legendary Modification
LET IT RIP - Settlement of USS Riptide - LET IT RIP
Longfellow's Cabin - A Sim Settlements City Plan (requires All Settlements Extended) - Sim Settlements City Plan for Longfellow's Cabin - esp
Looks Menu Customization Compendium - Looks Menu Customization Compendium
LooksMenu - LooksMenu v1-6-12
Lots More Female Hairstyles - Lots More Female Hairstyles v. 1.33
Minutemen Paint Job - Minutemen Paint Job_v1.1.zip
Mod Configuration Menu - Mod Configuration Menu 1.33
NavMeshFixer ( Do It Yourself NavMesh ) - HZS_NavMeshFixer_1.2
No More Twigs - NoTwigs
Oni asian face parts
PCDug's Build a Wall - PCDug-Build a Wall-Terrific Edition 1.4.1
Pilgrims Way player settlement - Pilgrims Way player settlement
Place Everywhere - Place (Fallout4 1.10.120 - latest release)
Ponytail Hairstyles by Azar v2.5a - Ponytail Hairstyles by Azar v2_5a - Loose files
Ponytail Variations - HairVariations
Proto Vault Suit - ProtoVaultSuit - Blue
Quieter Settlements - Quieter Settlements v0.31
Raider Themed Mashups - Quick plugin fix
Raider Themed Mashups - Raider Themed Mashups
Railroad redone 2 - Railroad redone 2
Repair The Castle - Repair The Castle
Robo Leg Outfits - PC Master Race Edition (CBBE) 1.01
Settlement Menu Manager - Settlement Menu Manager - 0.1.4
Settlement Radar Station
Settler Sandbox Expansion - Settler Sanbox Overhaul 4.0 ESL Version
Sim Settlement - Jib's Residential AddOn Pack
Sim Settlements - Altairp's Animal Farm
Sim Settlements - City Plan - Alford Street Settlement - Alford Street City Plan ESL
Sim Settlements - IDEK's Logistics Station
Sim Settlements - Industrial City
Sim Settlements - Leader Pack - Gannon's Overtly Adequate Trove - GOAT - ESL
Sim Settlements - RotC Complex City Plans
Sim Settlements - Ruined Homes and Gardens Add-on - Sim Settlements - Ruined Homes and Gardens 3.1.0
Sim Settlements - Settlers of the Commonweath - City Leaders - Sim Settlements - Settlers of the Commonweath - City Leaders v1.0
Sim Settlements Addon - Another Brick in the Wall - Another Brick In The Wall - AddOn Pack for Sim Settlements
Sim Settlements Addon - RS Buildings
Sim Settlements AddOn Pack - JtBryant's Utilities - SimSettlements AddOn Pack JtBryant"s Utilities 1.0.2
Sim Settlements AddOn Pack - SimTowers - SimSettlements AddOn Pack - SimTowers 1.1.0
Sim Settlements Add-On Pack - Wasteland Venturers All-In-One
Sim Settlements Addon Pack - Vault-Tec Tools
Sim Settlements AddOn Pack Junk Town
Sim Settlements Building Plans Preview - Mega Pack - One Year v1.0.3 Preview
Sim Settlements Industrial Croup Manor by VikingBaggins - Industrial Croup Manor
Sim Settlements Mayors (33 more Leaders) - Sim Settlements Mayors
Sim Settlements Sanctuary by VikingBaggins - Sanctuary by VikingBaggins
Sim Settlements Scrappers
Sim Settlements Tenpines Cityplan by VikingBaggins - Industrial Tenpines
Sim Settlements: 3-in-1
Sim Settlements: City Plan Pack - Contest Entries
Sim Settlements: Mega Pack - Year One
Sim Settlements-PCDugAddons - SIM-PCDugAddons v1.1
SimHomestead - a Sim Settlements add on - SimHomestead
SimSettlements - Vanilla Leaders - SK_Leaders.zip
SoTC v3.11
South End Red Rocket player settlement - South End Red Rocket player settlement
Stackable Concrete Foundations - DD_Stackable_concrete_blocks 2.0
Star Wars - BlasTech E-11 - BlasTech E-11 Version 1.4
Starlight Apartments - A Sim Settlements City Plan for Starlight Drive In (All Settlements Extended) - Sim Settlements City Plan for Starlight Drive In - esl
Synth Stormtroopers and Imperial Institute - SynthTroopers
T0-R1 Victoria Standalone Companion - Tori Standalone Companion Release v1.23
TES-51 Power Armor -Skyrim Inspired- - TES-51 Power Armor Update 1.2
The Christmas Mod - Christmas Mod - CBBE 1.0
The Eyes Of Beauty Fallout Edition - TEOB All-In-One
The Eyes Of Beauty Fallout Edition - The Eyes of Beauty Fallout Kaleidoscope Edition - All-in-One
Tina De Luca Voiced as a Settler (Dependency Revisited) - Tina De Luca Voiced as a Settler (Dependency Revisited) v1.3
Transfer Settlements - Shareable Settlement Blueprints - Transfer Settlements v1.56
True Reporter - Piper Outfit Redone - CBBE - Vanilla - Bodyslide - True Reporter 2.1
Trust in Research and Development - Trust In Research and Development
Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch - Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch
Valentine REBORN - Nick Face Retexture - HD Synth Eyes and Teeth - Gen1 Metal Skeleton - Valentine REBORN - HD Retexture - V2 - Blue Eyes
Wasteland fashion - Clothing for Vanilla and CBBE bodies - Wasteland fashion - CBBE-Fixed
Wasteland Renegade Outfit - DELETED - Wasteland Renegade
Vault 83 The Librarian - Vault83
We Are The Minutemen
Welcome To Salem - Welcome To Salem
Vermillion Frost - Former Enclave General - Vermillion Frost - Former Enclave General
Where Are You Now - Companion Tracking - Where Are You Now
Videos of the Wasteland 2.6
Visible Companion Affinity - Visible Companion Affinity v4.141 EN
Visitor's Center - A Sim Settlements City plan - Sim Settlements City Plan for Visitors Center - esp
Worsin's Immersive Power Armor Garage (WIPAG) - WIPAG - Main (Required)
Worsin's Immersive Power Armor Garage (WIPAG) - Worsin"s Garage - Main
Xander's Aid - Neeher DLC - Xander"s Aid 2.5.1

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
One should be very careful with scrap everything since it can cause allot of problems and in a worst case
scenario corrupt your savefil. Place everywhere has it's own scrapping function and I would recommend
using it over Scrap Everything.

Part of the reason I went with Scrap Everything is that the Horizon mod has its own compatibility settings for it that reduces the # of items that can be scrapped and adjusts for balance.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
It's so humorous to me, that the engine is so old, that there's seemingly mods for this or that, but because of the side effects, there are mods for that too.

However, I just can't get the achievements mod working at all, F4SE just flashes a CLI window, with something about a *.cpp file, and then quickly closes. I only care, as there are actually a couple achievements that I haven't gotten yet, but yet I also can't play the vanilla game anymore either. I really like the weather, eyes, hair, and CBBE (ahem) mods. Another good, more recent one, is 'Warlike'.

Achievements

I'll probably ask on r/fo4, maybe reinstalling the game would fix things too.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I used Scrap Everything but when it came to my settlements, I tended to try to keep as much of the architecture as possible to make every settlement a little bit unique.

Just getting rid of the garbage was such a relief!

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Been having a blast playing with the Horizon mod. About 100 hours in and only at level 22 (leveling XP is doubled in this mod, but you get double perks to compensate).

- Took me around level 7 to feel comfortable supplying myself with enough food.
- Up to level 9-10 to get a steady supply of fresh water going.
- Still have to be a little stingy with ammo, but that's been steadily improving. On the flip side I've done more far more melee in this playthrough then my prior runs combined.
- Was around level 15 or so I started feeling comfortable taking on at least some super mutants. Still don't like dealing with multiple at close range or going into their bases.
- Around level 20 I finally had reliable supplies of adhesive to do more upgrades--most of my adhesive has been going into healing bandages.
- Many of robots and synths are still very difficult to deal with, have to be very cautious.
- Gunners are still a problem if I can't snipe them at long range.
- Had to delay many main-quest and other common companion quest lines until I was comfortable with my levels and perks to get through them, still have tons pending.
- The perks feel like they really matter much more then vanilla. Every time I get a new perk there are at least a half dozen options that would yield significant benefits.
- I still constantly see lots of enemies I avoid or run away from in terror. Nothing quite like stumbling across a pack of Chameleon Deathclaws.

All in all been playing much more strategically. Had a lot of fun pulling the training yard sentry bot into the mutant radar station. The settlement defense options are very strong, so common to pull difficult mobs into settlement turret range. Getting to the point where lots of my settlements are built up and yielding material rewards, especially finally trickling in some supplies of ballistic fiber used to craft major armor improvements.

Can't recommend the Horizon mod high enough. It's been a whole new experience.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I should check out some of these mods. I tried replaying it with some minor mods added (mainly dedicated to settlement building) but it really wasn't all that entertaining. Plus the game really cannot handle many polygons in the same area without seriously lagging.

The stuff you are talking about may rekindle my interest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad