The Official Tank Thread / Draft Lottery Thread

Where to the habs end up in the standings?

• Total voters

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Svechnikov would be amazing , he reminds me of a more balanced Kovalchuk minus the ridiculous wrister. Kovy was a better shooter for sure but Svech has that elite skating.
Kovalchuk has the better shot but Svechnikov is a better skater and doesnt turn the puck over like crazy as Kovalchuk used to do..

SlappyHabby

Jun 11, 2014
Every team that misses the playoffs has odds to win the 1st overall pick, starting at 18% for the last team in overall standings to 1% for the 15th from last ranked team.

The maximum amount of places you can lose compared to your actual position in the standings is 3, since there's only a lottery for the top 3 overall picks. Meaning Arizona, who are currently ranked 31st overall, could pick 4th overall at the lowest.

Right now we're 6th from last, which means we have 7.6% chance of winning the 1st overall pick. We could be picking 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 8th or 9th as of right now.

Thank you:thumbu:

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
A month ago I was hesitant to pick Svechnikov at #2 but after seeing him live for the first time, you can see he's better player that I thought. For that I am wrong. He plays very well without the pick and is sound positionally. He won't be Patrice Bergeron defensively but he's going to be someone like Marian Hossa but with more explosive. He's got a more rounded game than Zadina I think.

1. Dahlin
2. Svechnikov
3. Zadina
4. Wahlstrom
5. Bouchard
6. Boqvist
7. Tkachuk
8. Dobson
9. Hughes
10. Smith

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
You won't be happy if we get Svechnikov?

Not that I wouldn't be happy. He'd make for a great show but unless he's miles ahead of other forwards, I'd much rather have a guy who can play center or a puck moving D. There's two essentials to an elite team, an elite centerman and a great puckmoving defenseman. Wingers, goaltenders and defensive defenseman are add-ons to a contending team, not something you absolutely have to build from the ground up.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
What's the word on Oliver Wahlstrom? Play Centre, 78 pts in 51 games 39 goals, good size... any red flags? Seems like a good pick for us if we are not #1?

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
What's the word on Oliver Wahlstrom? Play Centre, 78 pts in 51 games 39 goals, good size... any red flags? Seems like a good pick for us if we are not #1?
Projects more as a scoring winger but he is very good. One of the best goal scorers in the first round.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL

Good pick if we're not in the top 2. Didn't play center this year. One of the more talented players of the draft. Shot is second to none. His play without the puck could be better, he doesn't "grind it out" per say, but he uses his size with the puck well. Steal anywhere after 5-6.

Reactions: Andrei79

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

He doesn't play center. He's fantastic. Really disagree with another poster calling him a ''soft perimeter player.'' He's not a bruiser, but he's surprisingly strong on his edges.

It behooves one to actually watch the games.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
Just checked out Button's list. Tkachuk at #2? Are you out of your f***ing mind Craig?

Whoever takes Tkachuk top 5 are going to be kicking themselves 5 years from now for passing up on some much better pospects. Wow.

Last edited:

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Just checked out Button's list. Tkachuk at #2? Are you out of your ****ing mind Craig?

Whoever takes Tkachuk top 5 are going to be kicking themselves 5 years from now for passing up an some much better pospects. Wow.

2 is a reach I agree, but if he's anything like his brother, I'd have no problem taking him in the top 5.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
so Svech would at best just replace radulov.....so we are right back where we started last season (at best)

Radulov wasn’t a goal scoring winger. Different skill sets IMO, though both can create offense which is something we desperately need. I love Wahlstrom but if we’re picking #2, it’s Svechnikov all day long.

He’s my #1 target outside the top-3. I think he’s going to be a top-6 pick, but outside the top-3. He’s a winger though. I think he could be developed into a center as he has the tools offensively to do so as well as vision and high IQ. However, I don’t see that happening on the Habs.

Reactions: ArsHabs

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Radulov wasn’t a goal scoring winger. Different skill sets IMO, though both can create offense which is something we desperately need. I love Wahlstrom but if we’re picking #2, it’s Svechnikov all day long.

He’s my #1 target outside the top-3. I think he’s going to be a top-6 pick, but outside the top-3. He’s a winger though. I think he could be developed into a center as he has the tools offensively to do so as well as vision and high IQ. However, I don’t see that happening on the Habs.

Might as well pick Hayton if you want a C. All around player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad