WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Phil Kessel.
hqdefault.jpg

veganhunter

Mexico City Coyotes!
Feb 15, 2010
Calgary
Ladd might be the captain, Scheifele might be the future captain, Ehlers may lead the team in scoring one day, but around the league and when the talking heads are on TV I can say with almost absolute certainty it will be Trouba, and unless he falls of a cliff, rightfully so.

BrianFromAIH

Long Time Lurker
Jun 16, 2012
Warren, OH, USA
I'd say Trouba will be in a year or two but I'm probably biased. Now though it's probably Byfuglien, he's the only player a lot of hockey fans around me seem to know.

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
When fans of other teams, or people that have little to do with the Jets think of a player on the team, it's probably Byfuglien. So I'd say him.

It was Kane before we traded him though.

jamiebez

Apr 5, 2005
Ottawa
I'm back in Manitoba right now and when I arrived, the first thing I noticed was that they changed the "Home of the Jets" sign at the airport from a pic of Ladd to ones of Scheifele AND Trouba.

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
Bryan Little ought to be in this discussion, but he never is.

Now:Byfuglien
Future..tough call.
55, Trouba, right now
But Ehlers or Petan could be "bigger deals"

Byefooglien

Siberia West
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
We won't have a face-of-the-franchise until we have a player we can discernibly say is better than everyone else.

I think Myers will be better than Trouba and our #1, tbh, but I think if a game-breaker like Ehlers achieves his potential than he might be the face other teams/fans put to us even if we don't necessarily agree to it.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
I'd say it's Byfuglien right now. Ladd is the silent leader at least in the sense that he's not a player that is talked about or analyzed a lot by either the media or fans. Byfuglien is the most talented player on the team by far (and I believe he would be on most teams). Also, he comes off as the most "fun" player on the team in interviews.

In the future, it's Trouba (unless Ehlers becomes Selanne 2.0).

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Byfuglien by far imo. I hear him getting the biggest cheers when players are introduced one by one at the MTS Center

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Thorburn is the nose, Buff is the mischevious grin, Evander Kane WAS the ears (currently looking for a replacement), Lowry is the wild beastly eyes, and Ehlers is the slicker-than-owl-**** hairdo.

I think the ear issue can be solved internally.
CH-SO_1.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad