Faber vs Seider (Keeper)

Who would you rather keep in a category league?

• Seider

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • Faber

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I'm in a category league, got offered his Faber and a slight pick upgrade for my Seider. We're allowed to keep up to 2 D-men and I already have Dobson, so this is essentially an either or. The draft pick is fairly inconsequential.

I like Seider for his hits, but thus far he seems somewhat limited offensively. He's been having a good season but kinda fell off lately. I've also traditionally had a team that hits a lot no matter what my roster looks like.

Faber on the other hand is hot right now. I had originally drafted him as a last round dart throw but dropped early on. He's got more offensive upside and still gets blocks. But I'm worried about what his usage will be like next season with Spurgeon back.

I'm leaning towards taking the deal, but am I stupid for giving up on Seider?

For reference it's a 10 team league, 18 rounds including 8 keepers.

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
Not a fantasy player, but from a Wings fan here are some thoughts.

Seider isn’t on the top PP, and likely won’t be in the future once ASP arrives. He may blossom moren offensively in time, but I think he will be more of a 40-50pt player tops who shuts down the other team while guys like ASP and Edvinsson will carry more of the offensive load. He’s a bonafide 1D, but more of the shutdown defensive type than the puck carry scorer.

Reactions: BerthMania

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Not a fantasy player, but from a Wings fan here are some thoughts.

Seider isn’t on the top PP, and likely won’t be in the future once ASP arrives. He may blossom moren offensively in time, but I think he will be more of a 40-50pt player tops who shuts down the other team while guys like ASP and Edvinsson will carry more of the offensive load. He’s a bonafide 1D, but more of the shutdown defensive type than the puck carry scorer.

As a Wild fan, I think if you replaced "Seider" with "Faber" in this post, It would still be entirely accurate. The only difference is I don't think we have a PP guy coming up any time soon, though Spurgeon probably takes that role when he's healthy next year. That said, it's possible Faber keeps developing into it as well.

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
Not sure what your scoring is but real life Faber with ease though Mo is a good player too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad