F Vladislav Kotkov - HK Gomel, Belarus (2018 undrafted; signed by SJS, released)

KWPower

Mar 1, 2018
Thunder Bay, Ontario
I guess the assumption is that they can fix his skating, or at least get it to NHL standards? He put up decent numbers and he's big with quite a bit more going for him but the NHL is all about speed and skill now a days. A free prospect at the end of the day.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Yeah his skating is atrociously bad, it will severely hinder his chances to reach the NHL which his centered around speed, not too surprised he fell down the draft. I doubt his game will translate, but I personally had him at rank #127 because of the mix of size, skills and shooting ability still stays somewhat interesting (I also sort of gave him the benefit of the doubt base on some scouting agencies ranking him highly, not sure how FC ended up having him at #39).

*the defensive coverage is one of the worst I have ever seen in my life.

Last edited:

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Yeah his skating is atrociously bad, it will severely hinder his chances to reach the NHL which his centered around speed, not too surprised he fell down the draft. I doubt his game will translate, but I personally had him at rank #127 because of the mix of size, skills and shooting ability still stays somewhat interesting.

*the defensive coverage is one of the worst I have ever seen in my life.

He makes skating look hard, that is very bad, he has a long way to go to reach the NHL.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Mildly disappointed that the Sharks got to him before the Avs could sign him. Had a feeling whoever was the most aggressive was going to get him. Crazy that it had to be this early but good for him. Skating does need a lot of help but he had good size and a sweet shot.

RedWingzz

Everybody loves Raymond
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I’m confused. I thought he had to re-enter the draft next year before signing an ELC?

Teams have a certain window where they are allowed to sign undrafted players. If an undrafted player is not signed by a certain date (not sure the day exactly. but before the CHL season begins) at that point they become eligible for the following draft.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Teams have a certain window where they are allowed to sign undrafted players. If an undrafted player is not signed by a certain date (not sure the day exactly. but before the CHL season begins) at that point they become eligible for the following draft.

Wow. I had no idea. That’s interesting.

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
I’m aware off the window but what makes Nando Eggenberger unsignable and this kid singable? They’re both 1st yr draft eligibles.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
This option is only for players, who spent last full season in the CHL (not sure about other NA leagues), if a player has played in Europe last season, he can't be signed like that.

Isn't that why the Oilers couldn't sign Tkachyov that one year? Because he was on loan from his KHL team or something?

tcat84

Sep 15, 2014
It's a strange rule but I wonder why more teams don't take advantage of it

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
It's a strange rule but I wonder why more teams don't take advantage of it
Because it eventually locks you into a spot on your 50 contracts. Tons of guys NHL teams draft in the 4th to 7th round never get ELC's. If you could just put them on your 90 man reserve list (like players drafted in the later rounds) teams would do it all the time.

tcat84

Sep 15, 2014
Yeah I understand it could clog up a team's 50 contracts, but there are some teams that are say losing a bunch of meh players and could easily afford to sign a guy or two. It just seems like it's a loophole that not a lot of GMs flex.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->