C Matthew Savoie - Winnipeg Ice, WHL (2022, 9th, BUF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
From the article posted, it seems like the family has a good level head about this. See how he reacts to playing up in U16 next year, and then go from there.

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Totally agree. Gather the best players and have them all play in the same league. It's why the GTHL and HPHL have been the strongest minor leagues. CSSHL is now right there with them.

Reactions: 99664987

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Not meaning to derail this thread, but am wondering if anyone has seen Hayden Smith (another 2004) playing for Grande Peace in the AMBHL.

Ohlle

Aug 19, 2017
Not meaning to derail this thread, but am wondering if anyone has seen Hayden Smith (another 2004) playing for Grande Peace in the AMBHL.

Never seen him play, but there is also another interesting 2004 born player named Koehn Ziemmer that had the most goals in AMBHL.

Koehn Ziemmer

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Yeah, I noticed him (Ziemmer) as well on the scoring list.

Was just curious as ohsix's team faced the Dawson Creek peewee team in the provincials a couple weeks ago. Smith as an ohfour is no longer on that team, but wow they had another player an ohfive who tore us to shreds.

james12

Mar 31, 2018
Savoie, Wright and Slafkovsky are going to be in close competition for the next few years.

Despite the fact that these 3 are highlighted on elite (nothing special) , I definitely wouldn't predict anybody's upside 4 years before the draft. I gotta say that Savoie seems to be the smartest kid out there for now, but it can simply change throughout upcoming years. Lets wait for 2 years.

What's more, Slafkovský has been playing just at weak slovak leagues so far, and we cannot compare slovak u16 with Savoie's league.

Ohlle

Aug 19, 2017
Despite the fact that these 3 are highlighted on elite (nothing special) , I definitely wouldn't predict anybody's upside 4 years before the draft. I gotta say that Savoie seems to be the smartest kid out there for now, but it can simply change throughout upcoming years. Lets wait for 2 years.

What's more, Slafkovský has been playing just at weak slovak leagues so far, and we cannot compare slovak u16 with Savoie's league.

Yeah, I agree. The Slovak junior leagues are pretty weak, but i think his numbers at the WSI tournaments are impressive.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
At the World Selects Invitational he's leading the U15 division in goals as an underager. For those who've seen him, is he a prodigy?

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
I still feel uncomfortable putting that tag on a 14 year old kid. But i'll keep yammering on about how well he understands the game.

I watched a few NAX games, and Savoie is more mature than any 03 I saw.

scout97

Jul 17, 2012
Certainly looks like hes having a great tournament. Shane Wright the Ontario 04 playing for the oshawa team has 3 points so far. Connor Bedard in the 05 division is absolutely dominating. If im reading the site correctly eliteprospects has the stats after all 7 games and he scored 24 goals and 8 assist in 7 games for a 4.57 ppg

Last edited:
Reactions: 99664987

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
At the World Selects Invitational he's leading the U15 division in goals as an underager. For those who've seen him, is he a prodigy?

global news featured him last year when he was 13, said he was among the elite 02s in western Canada as an 04 and this year his coach compared him to MacKinnon and Crosby. Small highlight packages I have seen have also blown me away.

I think we can pretty much say that to this point he has been a prodigy. Nothing is guaranteed, but he is among the best players at this age to come along according to many reliable sources.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Hometown Edmonton Alberta, from St.Albert, really looks like the next player to perhaps challenge 97. No one in the league is all that close right now.

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
For those who have watched him play how would you describe him as a player at this stage? Is he more similar to Mcdavid or Crosby or is he entirely his own player?

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
For those who have watched him play how would you describe him as a player at this stage? Is he more similar to Mcdavid or Crosby or is he entirely his own player?

Plays a very similar game to Crosby IMO. A real gamechanger that battles hard for pucks and is really good at playing that down low game. Not sure if he will ever reach that level but he play a similar style of game. Dangerous all over the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad