F Martin Necas - HC Kometa Brno, CZE JRS (2017, 12th, CAR)

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Another 2 assist today on 2-0 win. 9 points in 9 post-WJC games. I hope he will keep this up after Olympic break.

QuebeCaniac

Aug 28, 2006
Montreal
It would have been great to see him play with his national team at the Olympics.

Hopefully he hits the gym during the break and gains a few pounds.

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Nice goal today vs Plzen in Semifinal.

Has 4 points in 6 play-off games so far. Looking really dominant, he should have a shot at making Czech Republic WHC roster this year.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Man Canes really got a great player here. I wanted the Flames to get him, still very content with Valimaki, but Necas would solve a ton of our issues if he continues his trajectory.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Nice assist yesterday!

You can watch it here Nečas předvedl další parádu: Měl jsem rychlost, tak jsem do toho kopl - iSport.cz

It's the first video.
His speed is going to be a big asset in the NHL. In addition to being fast though, he has skill and seems to be able to make decisions/plays at speed. In all my time as a Canes fan, I've never seen them have a prospect that "wows" me as much as Necas has.
His speed is really impressive. I could see a very dangerous first line of TT-Necas-Aho down the line, maybe even next year.

I've watched this Breakaway/Assist video dozens of times and the amount of speed he generates off his first 3-4 steps is really something. He ramps up 0-60 going East-West while taking a pass and then seamlessly transitions to North-South. The line he took to the net is perfect. He generated even more speed while cutting around the defender. That defenseman immediately turned around and started sprinting because he knew he had no chance otherwise. Then a that speed, for Necas to then have the IQ, agility, and hands to wrap the net is just doubling down on impressiveness.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
do you mean WJC?

I'd be very surprised if he got that last year in Brno with his limited role

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
do you mean WJC?

I'd be very surprised if he got that last year in Brno with his limited role

I think he's talking about being named best player of the team for this game, which has been the case in prior games as well (thus the "yet again")

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Aho- Necas- Svec can give Carolina that long waited true 1st line.

Scary to add their D-core to that.

They’d be smarter to spread them out at least over two lines.

IIRC, one of their lines was Terevainen-Staal-Aho

I would stick with that and either pair Necas and Svechnikov together or split them
up too.

They can play on the first powerplay together though.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
They’d be smarter to spread them out at least over two lines.

IIRC, one of their lines was Terevainen-Staal-Aho

I would stick with that and either pair Necas and Svechnikov together or split them
up too.

They can play on the first powerplay together though.

Aho is the engine of that team, I'd have him set up Svec as much as possible with his elite IQ/vision/playmaking. You aren't getting the max out of that with Staal.

Mix of Skinner, Staal, TT and guys can create the 2nd line in the future.

Reactions: Ippenator

LeonTheKing

Aug 8, 2016
He just tied a game against Slovakia with just 9 seconds left!! His first career goal in Czech national team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad