F Ivan Demidov - SKA-1946 St.Petersburg, MHL (2024 draft)

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
I've come to accept this to be true; I'm open to differing opinions, analysis and so forth, but Pronman gets basic stuff wrong too often. His final list is interesting only because it's clearly influenced by others who have more insight into the prospects.
Yes, that's the point. It's about what his list says about his sources' opinions... The written words don't really matter.

Reactions: Leto

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
He also said Leo Carlsson's skating is below average but retracted when he actually saw Leo play in the NHL. Been saying for years that Pronman is a hack. Don't know why people continue to give his opinions any credence.
I mean skating can be hard to project, let's be honest

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I mean skating can be hard to project, let's be honest

From one year to the next?

Leo has a technical flaw where he doesn't bend much at the ankles, and every scout saw it last year. But he's a really powerful fast skater in the mold of many great #1 centers. He immediately moves well in the NHL, from game one.

That wasn't an issue of failing to project his growth as a skater, it was just scouts overfocusing on technique at the expense of how good the player is at actually moving around.

Somewhat different flaw with Demidov but again it's the same thing where some scouts are looking at technique and not actual movement ability. Demidov isn't very fast but his balance and agility are high end, regardless of any knock knee.

Reactions: d rake and HanSolo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad