F Igor Chernyshov - MHK Dynamo Moscow, MHL (2024 draft)

dyldude

Nov 19, 2019
Been watching several games of his from last season. Wow. What a player. Throw back powerforward type. Kind of a Russian, new era-Shane Doan style player on the ice. Loves to finish checks, looks for contact always, can really rip the puck with his high end shot, but underrated playmaker too. There’s some dual-threat there.

He does force plays, and seems to make bad decisions sometimes. And he can stop moving his feet and puck watch a bit sometimes. But overall, I think he’s really an exciting prospect. Feels like a top ten caliber type player, when you take the whole package into consideration. Will be fun to watch his progress this season and see how he stacks up against the rest of the draft class.
Pretty spot on - his puck moving ability is very good, puts together some really nice OZ sequences with his hands, vision, and strength. Wouldn't read too far into the forcing plays until it becomes a real issue at a higher level, it's pretty common for top quality kids to make mistakes by trying too much.

Just have to wonder if there's going to be any changes to his game after coming off of shoulder surgery

Reactions: Muffinalt

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Pretty spot on - his puck moving ability is very good, puts together some really nice OZ sequences with his hands, vision, and strength. Wouldn't read too far into the forcing plays until it becomes a real issue at a higher level, it's pretty common for top quality kids to make mistakes by trying too much.

Just have to wonder if there's going to be any changes to his game after coming off of shoulder surgery
His short passes in traffic and under pressure are so slick. He’s not as good at it as Cole Perfetti but it reminds me a little of Perfetti when he does it.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Castle8130

May 9, 2017

His hockey IQ was the biggest question mark for me earlier in the season. He made much better decisions with the puck the second time I watched him. This is another good draft for Russians. Possibly 6 Russians in the 1st round

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
He has improved a lot since the start of the year. He has a great physical frame and really strong explosive legs. At the beginning of the year, his positioning and overall hockey IQ was very concerning to me, but there has been much improvement in that area. He is much more cognizant of where he is on the ice and how to utilize his tools better. I can't wait to see more of him.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Been watching several games of his from last season. Wow. What a player. Throw back powerforward type. Kind of a Russian, new era-Shane Doan style player on the ice. Loves to finish checks, looks for contact always, can really rip the puck with his high end shot, but underrated playmaker too. There’s some dual-threat there.

He does force plays, and seems to make bad decisions sometimes. And he can stop moving his feet and puck watch a bit sometimes. But overall, I think he’s really an exciting prospect. Feels like a top ten caliber type player, when you take the whole package into consideration. Will be fun to watch his progress this season and see how he stacks up against the rest of the draft class.
Thanks for this write up.

Was trying to find info on this player, because for someone who is ranked top 20, I can find little to no info on him.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Assuming Detroit picks between 11-16, my bet is they go with either Brandsegg-Nygard or Chernyshov. Both fit that Yzerman/Draper draft mold.

Reactions: Rolo Tomassi

Rolo Tomassi

May 6, 2010
Assuming Detroit picks between 11-16, my bet is they go with either Brandsegg-Nygard or Chernyshov. Both fit that Yzerman/Draper draft mold.
Agree completely. I love that Yzerman is trying to stock up on these kinds of players and will be thrilled if we can add either of these guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad