F Filip Zadina - Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL (2018, 6th, DET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
such a good and talented player :thumbu: Zadina makes scoring soooo easy ...

Last edited:

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
I can see him going anywhere from 2-5 in the draft. Really hoping he is around when the Canucks pick.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Zadina scored 2 more goals today giving him 39 in 46 games and a total of 69 points so far this year. Where does he rank in terms of play at the junior level compared to some of the other high profile Halifax Mooseheads former players?

Mackinnon
Hischier
Drouin
Meier
Ehlers
Voracek

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Zadina scored 2 more goals today giving him 39 in 46 games and a total of 69 points so far this year. Where does he rank in terms of play at the junior level compared to some of the other high profile Halifax Mooseheads former players?

Mackinnon
Hischier
Drouin
Meier
Ehlers
Voracek
From this list I would only put him ahead of Meier on their draft year. No slight against him because he's a fantastic player. That's some pretty stiff competition.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
From this list I would only put him ahead of Meier on their draft year. No slight against him because he's a fantastic player. That's some pretty stiff competition.

id put him right with or a bit ahead of ehlers. not saying zadina will get to the point is ehlers is now but just from watching them (saw a lot of ehlers in halifax but not too many games of zadina from draft years so he could just have good games when ive watched) id say zadina is a bit better

cant really comment on voracek though.

Reactions: Tube Skates

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I really like this kid. Would be something to see him land with Eichel in Buffalo or McDavid in Edmonton as both are likely if the lotto balls don't fall on Dahlin. He' solidly in my top 6 prospects, which I deem a clear tier above the rest.

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
Love this kid. Production this year is great and he was amazing at the world Jrs. Goes 2 or 3 if I’m picking.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
the top-3 in this draft is so stacked. personally, id take any one of these top-3 players over any of last years top-3. the only reason id maybe consider hischier over one of the them is because hes a center, and the same goes with heiskanen being a d. but i think svech and zadina are both legit prime time wingers. theyre both absolutely amazing and itll be interesting to see who goes #2 and who goes #3, you honestly cant go wrong either way so regardless of the order it wont be a surprise.

cant wait to watch the lottery

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I wish he was just a little bit faster.

His top speed seems to be his only weakness. And that's not say that his speed his bad, he's actually pretty good, but it noticeably lags behind his other skills and his agility.

However, he seems to be hard working and determined enough to become a plus--skater at the NHL level.

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
the top-3 in this draft is so stacked. personally, id take any one of these top-3 players over any of last years top-3. the only reason id maybe consider hischier over one of the them is because hes a center, and the same goes with heiskanen being a d. but i think svech and zadina are both legit prime time wingers. theyre both absolutely amazing and itll be interesting to see who goes #2 and who goes #3, you honestly cant go wrong either way so regardless of the order it wont be a surprise.

cant wait to watch the lottery
This top three might be better than 2016 and all in all, it might be better than 2015 if Dahlin lives up to hit with Strome not doing squat.

You'd have to go back to 2009 to have a draft as good as this one IMO. Tavares, Hedman and Duchene.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I wish he was just a little bit faster.

His top speed seems to be his only weakness. And that's not say that his speed his bad, he's actually pretty good, but it noticeably lags behind his other skills and his agility.

However, he seems to be hard working and determined enough to become a plus--skater at the NHL level.
He's sluggish too and he likes to slow the pace of the game so it doesnt help. Reminds me a lot of Kovalev and Radulov in the way they play. Not fast, but agile as hell, sluggish too, but super strong. Older version of Jagr might be a good comparison too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad