F Filip Zadina - Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL (2018, 6th, DET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
There is talk, he is better as Zacha in his age. Great potential, hard working guy. Another star in making, strong focus on his hockey career.

Maybe he could see some games also in senior team, but he will be mostly in U20.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Some pretty good numbers. The goalscoring in particular is impressive. 24 goals in 24 games in U16 last year as a 14 year old and 21 goals in 20 games this year in U18 as a 15 year old. Anyone seen this kid play?

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
So far 10 points (7 goals) in 9 games played in U20 league. Anyone saw him live?

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
No he isn´t taller. He is 5´11 and probably won´t be much taller. He is good player but at this stage I´m not sure he is even NHL prospect. He looks rather developed physically.

not an NHL prospect?

There aren't going to be 210+ people who are better than him in the 2018 draft

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
Just watched a snippet of the first period in the U17s (CZE vs CAN), first time ever seeing the guy and I had to search up who he was after the first shift I saw him play.

Now, I can't predict the future, but based on my hockey knowledge of this age group, he has an extremely high chance of playing north american professional hockey.

Kid looks good!

wenkmen

Aug 12, 2009
Přelouč
A few days ago he played his first game in the senior league. He is 6th the youngest players in the czech hockey history who ever played czech professional senior league (extraliga). I saw some his games in U18 ans i have to say that he was i every game the best player on the ice. Really amazing player with the great passion for the scoring goals.

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Look for the Sudbury Wolves to land this kid in the 2016 CHL Import Draft with one of the top picks.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Question is, if he wants to go to CHL. If he had a fair place in senior team, why should he go away?

I think he should go to CHL. Especially next year. A year before his draft so he can get used to that style of play, smaller ice surface, and language. Then come his draft year, he will dominate.

Second best option is Sweden. We all know what players really benefited from going that route.

Staying in Czech is the worst option IMO. They don't care about young talents there and old veteran players get much more respect and gameplay. Maybe not in all cases or teams, but in most. Not worth the risk. And from what I hear the development programs arent good enough yet either. It's getting better but not quite there yet.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
For those of you who've seen Zadina, have you had a chance to see Jachym Kondelik? He seems like another really interesting Czech prospect for 2018, as he's already 6'6 at 15, and producing at a point per game in the U18 league.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
For those of you who've seen Zadina, have you had a chance to see Jachym Kondelik? He seems like another really interesting Czech prospect for 2018, as he's already 6'6 at 15, and producing at a point per game in the U18 league.

I saw him on the U17 tournament there was a while ago and he didn't stand out as much as he should/could.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I think he should go to CHL. Especially next year. A year before his draft so he can get used to that style of play, smaller ice surface, and language. Then come his draft year, he will dominate.

Second best option is Sweden. We all know what players really benefited from going that route.

Staying in Czech is the worst option IMO. They don't care about young talents there and old veteran players get much more respect and gameplay. Maybe not in all cases or teams, but in most. Not worth the risk. And from what I hear the development programs arent good enough yet either. It's getting better but not quite there yet.

Its hard to say, if he can get 10-12 minutes in the top league or even good icetime in Czech2 it wouldn't be such a bad thing. But yes I have noticed that Czech players will play in their domestic leagues quite long into their 40s for many and still get top 6/top paring icetime even though they are far from the player they were 10 or even 5 years ago. Best option imo would be a well managed CHL team or Sweden. If Vesalainen can get some games in the top league I think Zadina should be more than capable as well especially if he is a better prospect than Vrana/Pastrnak.

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
The Giants just drafted this kid, and I'm excited that we might finally have a player to watch. (Benson was kinda disappointing)

Anybody have an idea as to how likely Zadina is to come over? Also, any and all scouting reports are highly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->