F Cole Fonstad - Prince Albert -Traded to Everett Silvertips, WHL (2018, 128th, MON)

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
He was very good tonight. Had a great give and go with Stallard to open the scoring with a nice assist then had a nice quick release for the 2nd goal. Picked up another assist to finish the night with 1G+2A and the 2nd star. Very smart player and off to a good start with 2G+6A in 6 games

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Leading the WHL in pts among U18 players by a decent gap with 16 pts in 10 games.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
I love his game as well but size might hold him back a bit. still have Burzan ahead but Fonstad is closing fast. He was dominant vs Brandon

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Really underrated, hes been playing like 20 minutes a night and he doesn't look out of place at all..

Reactions: 99664987

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Gotta be one of the most underrated players for this entire draft. He's more on the smaller side of the spectrum, but still a very good player. Oozes talent, where his intelligence is his best strengths and as you guys know I love high IQ players. Definitely someone to watch out for since we hit the new year.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Gotta be one of the most underrated players for this entire draft. He's more on the smaller side of the spectrum, but still a very good player. Oozes talent, where his intelligence is his best strengths and as you guys know I love high IQ players. Definitely someone to watch out for since we hit the new year.

He's the Cody Glass of the 2018 draft right now. So under the radar. He should rise. I love his play.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Cole Fonstad has been a none-factor in the tournament thus far. I have seen him mostly in the early 2nd round and hearing he is underrated; I had him early 3rd round, he didn't show me anything that could change my mind about him, he isn't a speedster, hasn't been able to generate much offensively and his weak along the boards. I wonder how many actually seen him play or people simply been impressed by his WHL numbers.

Last edited:

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Cole Fonstad has been a none-factor in the tournament thus far. I have seen him mostly in the early 2nd round and hearing he is underrated; I had him early 3rd round, he didn't show me anything that could change my mind about him, he isn't a speedster, hasn't been able to generate much offensively and his weak along the boards. I wonder how many actually seen him play or people simply been impressed by his WHL numbers.
Agreed here, not very impressed. He didn’t impress me too much even in WHL viewings.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Agreed here, not very impressed. He didn’t impress me too much even in WHL viewings.
He was very impressive in all but 1 of the times I watched him this year for PA. Judging a depth player(any really) at a tournament won't give you any idea what the player is truly capable of unless they have big minutes. He's also an advanced stats darling(I don't put much stock in them but a lot of new age people do) and has amazing IQ+skill set combo. He'll definitely have to get stronger but there are a lot of similarities to him and Point at the same stage.

Reactions: Tryamkin and Frk It

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
He was very impressive in all but 1 of the times I watched him this year for PA. Judging a depth player(any really) at a tournament won't give you any idea what the player is truly capable of unless they have big minutes. He's also an advanced stats darling(I don't put much stock in them but a lot of new age people do) and has amazing IQ+skill set combo. He'll definitely have to get stronger but there are a lot of similarities to him and Point at the same stage.
Yep, I watched him too. I prefer others in the 2nd round range, although he shows some flashes with his skill.

Dale Best Goalie

In Prust We Trust
Sep 12, 2017
Pittsburgh
Had a somewhat sluggish start, with only 23 points in his first 31 games, but he has since found his way to 42 points in 42 games. Very happy he fell to MTL.

Reactions: Mrb1p

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Fonstad started off slowly with 3 pts in the first 7 games but has 12 pts in the last 5 games. Looking forward to watching him with his new team.

37 others

Apr 18, 2017
7th in U20 PPG in the OHL right now. Leads the Silvertips in PPG and would be 5th in U20 PPG if you take just his stats from the Silvertips. How's looked in-person?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->