F Brady Tkachuk (2018, 4th, OTT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Tkachuk has looked great in the WJC but that team needs D. They already blew it taking Nylander over Sergachev/McAvoy. I'd assume they would be looking at Boqvist, Hughes, Dobson, etc. if they are in the 3-5 range.
Absolutely we should be going defence. But if we are able to get a good d prospect for E.Kane then I wouldn't be too upset with Tkachuk.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Really like his game. BU teaches some really good professional habits too, so it's definitely a good place for development.
Ottawa hasn't really had a player like him since...maybe Foligno? (closest I guess?)
Definitely would be happy if we ended up with him after what appears to be an abysmal season. 0 chance Ottawa drafts a Russian (Melnyk) so it wouldn't surprise me if they had him ranked 3rd or 4th overall.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Tkachuk has looked great in the WJC but that team needs D. They already blew it taking Nylander over Sergachev/McAvoy. I'd assume they would be looking at Boqvist, Hughes, Dobson, etc. if they are in the 3-5 range.

Even though you are right, imagine a Mittelstad - Eichel - Nylander 1st line in a few years.... it makes me sick thinking of it.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Brady is my favorite prospect for this year. Bobby Mac said he is somehow more of a pest than his brother, which is pretty crazy to think about. The size, skill, aggression, and pest combination in Brady’s game is just so damn entertaining. I’d jump for joy if the Avs could get him.

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
Really like his game. BU teaches some really good professional habits too, so it's definitely a good place for development.
Ottawa hasn't really had a player like him since...maybe Foligno? (closest I guess?)
Definitely would be happy if we ended up with him after what appears to be an abysmal season. 0 chance Ottawa drafts a Russian (Melnyk) so it wouldn't surprise me if they had him ranked 3rd or 4th overall.

You would have to think Dorian is looking hard at him. The last few drafts they have been after American born players. The Sens don't have a true power forward. You can argue that Stone is one. But Tkachuk would just be great playing with Brown and Batherson.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
This kid is growing on me. I really like the fact that he always goes straight to the dirty areas, and has enough skills to finish off plays. Imagining him and Gallagher on the same team puts a smile on my face. Other teams will REALLY hate playing the Habs. Added bonus is that he appears to have some chemistry with Poehling.

So if Tkachuk is BPA when the Habs pick, I wouldn't dislike the choice.
I would kms

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Brady looks like he's improved quite a bit since I watched him last year with the NTDP. I was surprised he was ranked so high in the upcoming draft until watching him during the WJC. He had moments like this with the NTDP, but there were also times where he was invisible -- and others when he would take boneheaded penalties (I think it's the genes ;)). He's been more consistent in the WJC. Of course, playing with a talent like Mittelstadt sure helps make him look better.

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Lol canucks passed on keith tkachuk in his draft year. they passed on matthew tkachuk in 2016.

I wonder if they pass up on Brady Tkachuk yet again. i think they learn their lesson and draft him if they don't end up drafting in the top 5. Brady Tkachuk is bigger, and the more complete player than his older brother according to all accounts from scouts. Skater is further polished than what Matt Tkachuk's was in his draft year.

Does anybody know if he's a center? He's listed as a natural center but pretty sure he plays left wing in BU and in the WJC.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Lol canucks passed on keith tkachuk in his draft year. they passed on matthew tkachuk in 2016.

I wonder if they pass up on Brady Tkachuk yet again. i think they learn their lesson and draft him if they don't end up drafting 1st, 2nd, or 3rd overall.
Hope not. He isn’t worth a top 5 pick.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
He is def a lock for a top 5 pick. Plays an NHL game and will translate well.
Not close. The strong play of other prospects and his lack of consistency can easily push him out of the top 5. All of the Tkachuk fans come out of hiding after his WJC with Mittelstadt on his line.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
i fixed my post before i saw yours. I re-read it and was like wait, did I say if not 1st, 2nd or 3rd..

I meant to say outside of the top 5.
:thumbu:
If we take him with a top 5 pick ahead of an elite defender like Boqvist, Hughes or Dobson I’ll be frustrated.

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Not close. The strong play of other prospects and his lack of consistency can easily push him out of the top 5. All of the Tkachuk fans come out of hiding after his WJC with Mittelstadt on his line.
Personally, I have:

Rasmus Dahlin
Zadina at this point
Svechnikov/Boqvist
Boqvist/Svechnikov
Hughes
Noah Dobson
Brady Tkachuk
Ty Smith
Oliver Wahlmstrom
Joel Farabee.

as my top 10. I really think Dobson could turn out to be the best defenseman in draft not named Dahlin or Boqvist.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Personally, I have:

Rasmus Dahlin
Zadina at this point
Svechnikov/Boqvist
Boqvist/Svechnikov
Hughes
Noah Dobson
Brady Tkachuk
Ty Smith
Oliver Wahlmstrom
Joel Farabee.

as my top 10. I really think Dobson could turn out to be the best defenseman in draft not named Dahlin or Boqvist.
I wouldn’t doubt it. He’s the most well rounded defender including the draft. I have Wahlstrom above Tkachuk right now. Wahlstrom can’t stop producing, he’s on fire. Most people used the excuse Tkachuk will go high because he’s a center and teams will need a center in a center weak draft class, but Tkachuk is a left winger and can’t really translate to center at the NHL level.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
People sleeping on young Chucky like his brother.
Whoever gets him around 6-7 is going to be pleasantly surprised. This guy has top 6, 15 year+ NHL centre written all over him.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
my personal belief -not a chance in hell Tkachuk lasts past pick #5...I say it now, and I will say it in June...kids like this are absolutely coveted. he has way too many intangibles, skillset, size, and bloodlines to not be a star type player. I get that some are saying that him playing with #11 out there is why he is doing so great, but I have re watched every game and Tkachuk is the straw the stirs that line more times than not. He is the player making the nice in-zone passes, crashing the net, screening the goalie..etc..Casey is the cerebral assassin who in-zone is just a magician...but you have to look at why he has as much room as he does at times and that belongs to #7. they compliment each other perfectly.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
appart from first 3 picks
this is a highly overated draft

bring it back to earth
I disagree. The defensive depth this draft has has never been seen in years. Dahlin goes without saying. Assuming you mean the first three picks as Him, Svechnikov and Zadina; Boqvist, Hughes, Dobson, Bouchard, Merkley, Smith, Wilde and many more have potential to be elite defenders in the NHL, not to mention the wildcard forwards available. This is not overrated by any stretch of the imagination. It’s not amazing in comparison to 2015, but it’s one of the best for sure.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Brady looks like he's improved quite a bit since I watched him last year with the NTDP. I was surprised he was ranked so high in the upcoming draft until watching him during the WJC. He had moments like this with the NTDP, but there were also times where he was invisible -- and others when he would take boneheaded penalties (I think it's the genes ;)). He's been more consistent in the WJC. Of course, playing with a talent like Mittelstadt sure helps make him look better.

I wouldn't read too much into the WJC, its always done, but its only one hockey tournament. He hasn't had a great start to the season with Boston U. He's a good prospect, but I agree that many have ranked him too high.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I disagree. The defensive depth this draft has has never been seen in years. Dahlin goes without saying. Assuming you mean the first three picks as Him, Svechnikov and Zadina; Boqvist, Hughes, Dobson, Bouchard, Merkley, Smith, Wilde and many more have potential to be elite defenders in the NHL, not to mention the wildcard forwards available. This is not overrated by any stretch of the imagination. It’s not amazing in comparison to 2015, but it’s one of the best for sure.

But this draft has literally no quality centers, and its mediocre for goalies. I don't think there's a center I could rank right now in the top 10. Great for defensemen, good for wingers, but its very weak in two of the six positions in the sport. Maybe Dahlin and Svechnikov prop it up, but I don't think this is looking like a great draft. I think good or average are the most likely possibilities for this draft.

Reactions: Tryamkin

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
But this draft has literally no quality centers, and its mediocre for goalies. I don't think there's a center I could rank right now in the top 10. Great for defensemen, good for wingers, but its very weak in two of the six positions in the sport. Maybe Dahlin and Svechnikov prop it up, but I don't think this is looking like a great draft. I think good or average are the most likely possibilities for this draft.
Goalies aren’t really ever that prominent any more in the modern draft. They are rarely taken in the top 20 anyways. It’s weak on centers, but the defense makes up extremely well for it. It’s a fact; you should always draft for BPA. Where there there is lots of one position or not, you look at the overall depth of the class without factoring in positions, and it’s very good. Oh no I have 2 #1 centers! Trade one away for a top pair defender!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->