Not open for further replies.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
lol what's up with this kid? He's got 33 PIM in 3 USHL games and 47 PIM
in 18 USDP games.

CxhINGlUkAAdVhE.jpg

Jack Eichel Jr.

283.jpg

Jack Eichel mixed with Corey Perry. Good god.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Ray Ferraro was on TSN 1050 recently saying if you thought Matthew was a **** disturber, wait until you see this kid. Ray almost seemed like he was at a loss for words at how big of a **** head the little brother is lol. I hope the Leafs have a shot at drafting him.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Ray Ferraro was on TSN 1050 recently saying if you thought Matthew was a **** disturber, wait until you see this kid. Ray almost seemed like he was at a loss for words at how big of a **** head the little brother is lol. I hope the Leafs have a shot at drafting him.

Doughty is going to age fast at this rate :laugh:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Is he expected to be a better player than his brother?
I don't think so. But, Matt always had better teammates at the USNTDP level and then with the Knights. It will be interesting to see what Brady does at BU, as that seems the heavy favorite for him right now. Might be better for him long-term, but it is always tough for young power forwards to find their way at the NCAA level quickly.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
In the 10 games or so I've watched of the NTDP this season, today was his best game to me. He was an animal today. Very hard to handle physically, was able to protect the puck well, got into the other team's head, made some nice plays both for himself and for his teammates. He did everything I wanted him to do in this game. Very impressed with his game.

Last edited:

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Is he expected to be a better player than his brother?

He's not as big or skilled, but he's probably a better skater. Both guys play a very similar offensive style. Great vision behind the net, strong on the puck, soft hands.

I'd take Matthew but I've been impressed with what I've seen from Brady, and it's not impossible for him to end up the better player. I think he'll likely be more dynamic.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Pretty high on him, thinking he goes anywhere from 2nd-4th overall if eligible for the 2017 draft.

SB84

Jul 22, 2015
Calgary, AB
Pretty high on him, thinking he goes anywhere from 2nd-4th overall if eligible for the 2017 draft.

He doesn't have the skill the top talent this year has imo. I have him going in the 6-10 range.

1. Patrick
2. Hischier

3. Heiskanen
4. Mittelstadt
5. Vilardi

6-10 (No particular order) - Tolvanen, Glass, Tkachuk, Pettersson, Tippett, Maker.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
He doesn't have the skill the top talent this year has imo. I have him going in the 6-10 range.

1. Patrick
2. Hischier

3. Heiskanen
4. Mittelstadt
5. Vilardi

6-10 (No particular order) - Tolvanen, Glass, Tkachuk, Pettersson, Tippett, Maker.

I could see a team thinking that he projects to be more of a center than Middlestadt and Vilardi and thus rank him higher. I also think you're underrating his skill level, 2018 is a much deeper and has more top end talent than 2017 and Tkachuk has been garnering top 10 consideration for that draft.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think this guy is overrated due to his name, kind of like how Alex Nylander was.

I don't think he was even the best player on the U18 NTDP team this season. He was one of the best players, but not the best from what I saw.

I'd have him 15-25 range for 2018. I don't think there's enough offensive potential in his game for any higher than that.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I think this guy is overrated due to his name, kind of like how Alex Nylander was.

I don't think he was even the best player on the U18 NTDP team this season. He was one of the best players, but not the best from what I saw.

I'd have him 15-25 range for 2018. I don't think there's enough offensive potential in his game for any higher than that.

Although there were other standout performers I think he was really the straw that stirred the drink for the US at the u18s so I disagree and believe theres a solid chance he deservedly goes higher than 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->