F Brady Tkachuk (2018, 4th, OTT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
No. Button doesn’t, hockeyprospect.com doesn’t, Pronman doesn’t, etc.
If the point of your remark is just to question the validity of ISS as a scouting organization because they didn’t update his position that he has played in the past and is still capable of playing now. Than I think you’re grasping here because ISS is as legitimate as they come, at least more so than you might think.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
The Sabres need some high end fwds. If they are in position to take Tkachuk. It could be a match made in heaven for Eichel. Crosby had Malkin, McDavid has Draisaitl. Sabres need a whole lot of upgrades on D also. But having Eichel, Middlestadt and Tkachuk would make a very attractive young core.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
The Sabres need some high end fwds. If they are in position to take Tkachuk. It could be a match made in heaven for Eichel. Crosby had Malkin, McDavid has Draisaitl. Sabres need a whole lot of upgrades on D also. But having Eichel, Middlestadt and Tkachuk would make a very attractive young core.
Torn between Tkachuk and Svechnikov if Buffalo is picking top3. IMO its harder choice than some think. Maybe Svechnikov has the edge now but I like what Tkachuk is projecting to be.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
If the point of your remark is just to question the validity of ISS as a scouting organization because they didn’t update his position that he has played in the past and is still capable of playing now. Than I think you’re grasping here because ISS is as legitimate as they come, at least more so than you might think.

I wish people would stop repeating the notion that Tkachuk can play center. He hasn't played the position in at least the last three seasons, nor does he show the skills necessary to play the position at the NHL level as a #1C or #2C. If any team uses a top 5 pick with the idea of doing this, they are wasting their time and draft pick. Tkachuk is a complementary winger and needs to be paired with a good center if he's going to produce offensively in the NHL.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Torn between Tkachuk and Svechnikov if Buffalo is picking top3. IMO its harder choice than some think. Maybe Svechnikov has the edge now but I like what Tkachuk is projecting to be.

I can only see great things coming from an Eichel and Tkachuk tandem. Pretty scary if you are an opposing team to face 2 guys so hard to play against and stop. I also think they will elevate each other.

A comparable duo? A young Getzlaf and Perry.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I think Buffalo is gonna pick top 2 in this draft. It's either Dahlin or Svechnikov

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

They used to be legit. I'm not the first person to suggest they've fallen off.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
BU is in the Tourney. If anyone wants to get a look at young Mr Tkachuk, they play Sat at 1pm vs Cornell. Game will be aired on ESPNews

lawrence

May 19, 2012

if Canucks pick after the Sabres would love to see you guys waste a pick on Tkachuk.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Tkachuk is a fine pick for teams looking for a complimentary player.. Tkachuk with Keller or Eichel, that will work out fine.

But a team like Montreal or Detroit shouldn't be wasting their top 10 first on a guy like that. They need someone who can make more of an impact on their own.

Add the skating issues, the lack of goal production in the NCAA vs. his contemporaries (I.E. NCAA players like Bowers who are VERY close to him in age) and his late birthday.. he's just getting way too overhyped due to the success of his brother and his WJC.

Skill wise, Svech, Zadina and Wahlstrom all have him beat.. and we all know that defenseman are worth more than wingers value wise, impact wise.. and with Dobson, Smith, Hughes (who is keeping point pace with Tkachuk...), Boqvist and Bouchard.. it's mind boggling to me that Tkachuk gets rated so high in the scouting services.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Could he be another player who's overrated because of name and/or physical play? I'm genuinely asking, since I don't get to see him play. It just seems like he's rated pretty high.

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
He is a old school player. Personally I would love him on my team but he is prob overrated

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
He is sublime beneath the goal-line

Put him with a talented center, then watch out.
He is currently playing Greenway who started playing center for the first time in December.
BU probably anticipated Keller staying 2 seasons which explains their lack of depth.

I would have liked to have seen him with Bowers.

He is still a top 10 prospect.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
I've got him 9th right now which I think is more realistic than a lot of other rankings out there. He's not as good as his brother, but should still be a top 10 pick. I wouldn't take him in the top 5.
Thank you. I'm worried My Wings will take him over a better player because of their hard on for size and grit in last years draft. I don't doubt he'll be good though, but I don't think I want him if we pick above 8th.

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
Where would you rate him? Who would you pick before him?
I’m not the right person to ask because I’m biased. I hate the new nhl and I miss the good old days. I would pick him #2

But I know that’s stupid

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Thank you. I'm worried My Wings will take him over a better player because of their hard on for size and grit in last years draft. I don't doubt he'll be good though, but I don't think I want him if we pick above 8th.
I have him ranked 9th, but he'll get drafted ahead of that.

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
I think he can be a 60-65 point a year first line winger. He will score 80% of his goals within 5 feet of the net, cause turnovers on the forecheck and be a coaches dream player. Might not have some of the top end skillz of the other guys in the top 10 though but his playmaking and skating is quite underrated.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
He is a old school player. Personally I would love him on my team but he is prob overrated

This.

I don’t think he’s better than Dahlin(obviously), Svechnikov, Zadina, Boqvist or Hughes. He might get picked higher than them though because he’s one of the safest bets in the draft(as Hughes, Boqvist and Zadina could easily bust) but Tkachuk is more NHL strong and ready as he plays a less flashy game than many other(probably most) but more translatable game than nearly all of the prospects I’d rank in the Top 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad