F Brady Tkachuk (2018, 4th, OTT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I asked if there were any 7 or less.
At these numbers, 9 is a 23% improvement.

I gave you one (Poehling). If 7 in their draft season is a concern, wouldn’t only 9 in their +2 be a concern? Weird, Blake Wheeler turned out decent still...

JK2K

Mar 13, 2017
Poehling, was picked 25th in a weaker draft and has scored 9 goals this year.
Tkachuk is a late birthday as well.
Just wondering why he is being treated with kid gloves?
WJC?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Mckenzie had him at #4, and that was right after his very impressive WJC. Maybe he is more in the 5-8 range now, with Wahlstrom and Bouchard really coming on strong in the last month or so.

That would seem reasonable to me. He has good size, good tools, and yeah the name is going to come into play. He’s kind of raw, I would expect him to make a big jump in his +1 season. I think with him you are banking on some improvements in his game.

JK2K

Mar 13, 2017
Don’t get me wrong, he has some intangibles. I see him 10-15
Not where he’ll get picked Though.
He will go earlier.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Shawn Malloy from Hockey Prospects compared Brady to Todd Bertuzzi.

Also says Brady is lightyears better than his brother Mathew at making plays in traffic and downlow. He also says Bradys playinh size in the pros will be somewhere around 6'3'6'4 and 225-235lbs.

JK2K

Mar 13, 2017
Brady is a gritty complimentary player.
Can someone go to Elite prospects and paste his stats. All historical stats. Go back as far as you want.
Never a scorer, not ever.
Like his compete, like his net presence, good battler. I don’t like his skating.
Too highly ranked for a complimentary winger.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Brady is a gritty complimentary player.
Can someone go to Elite prospects and paste his stats. All historical stats. Go back as far as you want.
Never a scorer, not ever.
Like his compete, like his net presence, good battler. I don’t like his skating.
Too highly ranked for a complimentary winger.

I truly hope you get at least some joy out of making bi-weekly unprompted posts like this in the threads of draft prospects you don’t like.

JK2K

Mar 13, 2017
I never said I don’t like him.
Like everyone else on here that is my opinion.

Works hard
Good in corners
Battles in front

Don’t like his skating.
Is not a pure goal scorer
Is a complimentary player (like most)

I feel he is rated to highly but does that mean I Don’t like him at all? No.

JK2K

Mar 13, 2017
When was the last time someone said “he should be 10-15 but will get picked earlier” and got accused of impromptu posts of a prospect he didn’t like?

FrankGallagher

Oct 6, 2015
I think his stock for me has fell since the World Juniors. Great complimentary guy but watching him with BU and weaker players he cannot carry a line. Don't see him as being anywhere near his brothers level offensively.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
BU is clueless when it comes to his strength.

He isnt a net front presence on their PP, which explains his 2 PP goals on the season.
He plays off the right wall where he replaced Keller.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
LW or Center

Hockeydb has him as a center and eliteprospect C/LW.
LW, a bunch of places still have Marner as a center for example. A bunch of these sites are late to the change. He hasn't played center for an extensive period of time since AAA for the Junior Blues. He's been a full time LWer the last 2 years. You see the same mistake with Wahlstrom.

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Here’s the thing that concerns me about this draft. I’ve seen Brady Tkachuk rated as high as #2 not too long ago; yet Tkachuk only has 26 points in 32 games with BU. On the same team in 2015, Jack Eichel finished with 71 points in 40 games, won the Hobey Baker and was the consensus #2.

I get that they’re not the same type of player. But still, there doesn’t seem to be the same type of depth or dynamic players as past drafts. Does anyone else get the feeling that this could be one of the weakest drafts we’ve seen in a while?

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Here’s the thing that concerns me about this draft. I’ve seen Brady Tkachuk rated as high as #2 not too long ago; yet Tkachuk only has 26 points in 32 games with BU. On the same team in 2015, Jack Eichel finished with 71 points in 40 games, won the Hobey Baker and was the consensus #2.

I get that they’re not the same type of player. But still, there doesn’t seem to be the same type of depth or dynamic players as past drafts. Does anyone else get the feeling that this could be one of the weakest drafts we’ve seen in a while?
Brady will not be going second.

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Brady will not be going second.
Oh I’m betting that he won’t be. I’m just saying though, if he’s in the same conversation, it might not bode well for this draft. Not saying Tkachuk won’t be a great NHLer, just seems to add validity to Mark Edward’s (HP) comments on how it’s shaping up to be a weak draft.

Another thing I noticed is that Tkachuk is also 1999 birth year and is essentially the same age as Shane Bowers, yet he was chosen 27th last season and now the 2 are tied in points. Just a couple things I noticed when I was sifting through Matthew’s brother’s profile.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

Eichel would have went #1 in this years draft. And last years draft as well.

Honestly, since 2010, there is only 1 draft he would not have gone #1 in at that time and it was the draft he went #2 overall in. Comparing Eichel to Tkachuk doesn't make sense in reality.

I understand why you are thinking that as the numbers simply aren't massive, but this is a different team and Tkachuk isn't the leader on it like Eichel was. BU is deeper now than it was with Eichel which could be two-fold as Eichel didn't have much help out there to contribute, but he did get a boat load of playing time.

Tkachuk isn't going to put up the sexiest stats, he is a different player than Eichel - but he isn't far off from a ppg player as a true freshman which does bode well for him. He is gritty, smart, talented, and solid both sides of the puck - he is getting ranked for the player he will be not exactly where he is yet - he goes top 5, I have very little doubts about it.

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Eichel would have went #1 in this years draft. And last years draft as well.

Honestly, since 2010, there is only 1 draft he would not have gone #1 in at that time and it was the draft he went #2 overall in. Comparing Eichel to Tkachuk doesn't make sense in reality.

I understand why you are thinking that as the numbers simply aren't massive, but this is a different team and Tkachuk isn't the leader on it like Eichel was. BU is deeper now than it was with Eichel which could be two-fold as Eichel didn't have much help out there to contribute, but he did get a boat load of playing time.

Tkachuk isn't going to put up the sexiest stats, he is a different player than Eichel - but he isn't far off from a ppg player as a true freshman which does bode well for him. He is gritty, smart, talented, and solid both sides of the puck - he is getting ranked for the player he will be not exactly where he is yet - he goes top 5, I have very little doubts about it.
Fair enough. Obviously McDavid was going to make anyone else #2. But it was more of an observation about the entire draft than a dig at Tkachuk. Like for instance, Shane Bowers is roughly the same age as Tkachuk and is also a freshman, yet he’s having a better offensive season as a 27th overall pick in 2017. Where would Bowers rank in this year’s draft?

I haven’t looked into this years draft too much, but for all the talk about a deeper draft, it just seems like there’s some signs that it could be a weaker one.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Oh I’m betting that he won’t be. I’m just saying though, if he’s in the same conversation, it might not bode well for this draft. Not saying Tkachuk won’t be a great NHLer, just seems to add validity to Mark Edward’s (HP) comments on how it’s shaping up to be a weak draft.

Another thing I noticed is that Tkachuk is also 1999 birth year and is essentially the same age as Shane Bowers, yet he was chosen 27th last season and now the 2 are tied in points. Just a couple things I noticed when I was sifting through Matthew’s brother’s profile.

He's not in the conversation with Svech or Zadina and never was.

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
He's not in the conversation with Svech or Zadina and never was.
ISS had Tkachuk at #2 after the WJHC in January. I doubt anyone chooses Tkachuk over a more dynamic Svechnikov though. Still though, being in the conversation says something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->