F Šimon Katolický - Dukla Jihlava, Czechia-U20 (2026 Draft)

czech

Feb 23, 2009
The big forward (could be 6'4" or taller when drafted) scored 1+2 against Germany in the five-nation tournament today. Katolický is currently the only '08-born player playing in the "extraliga juniorů" (players born 04-05).
Gif, gif, gif.

Reactions: Czechboy

czech

Feb 23, 2009
He performs well at the Youth Olympic Games in South Korea. He scored two goals in today's game against the Americans (the Czechs won 6:5), and also scored two goals in yesterday's game against the Slovaks.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I thought he was the best Czechia player.

Very good player. Would like to see his skating get a little better, but otherwise he could be excellent in the future.
it's funny because you and Wooren agree on this... and I respect both your opinions on this topic more than my own. To my eye.. it was Novak who was the clear star! Much like Galvas vs Badinka.. I will follow this one closely.lol

Reactions: GettingYourMoms

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
it's funny because you and Wooren agree on this... and I respect both your opinions on this topic more than my own. To my eye.. it was Novak who was the clear star! Much like Galvas vs Badinka.. I will follow this one closely.lol
I can see Novak ending up the better player. He has less to work on. He's going to be a good scoring winger, but I think Katolicky has more potential because he's physically bigger, better defensively, plays in all areas of the ice, and his pure finishing skills are probably a little better.

Katolicky needs to work on his skating. I think he skates better than Jecho did, but we hope in three years he's looking at being drafted about a round higher because if he doesn't I could see him having a profile like Jecho.

czech

Feb 23, 2009
Plus two assists in the second game, which Dukla also won, securing the lead in the series. Until recently, the fact that Katolicky simply gained a foothold in this league and gained a certain number of points in it was considered a great success for the player. Now we are talking about the leadership role in the team in the playoff series, which Katolicky achieved being the youngest not only in Dukla, but in the entire league. For comparison, Benak didn’t have a good playoff run at all last year.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Plus two assists in the second game, which Dukla also won, securing the lead in the series. Until recently, the fact that Katolicky simply gained a foothold in this league and gained a certain number of points in it was considered a great success for the player. Now we are talking about the leadership role in the team in the playoff series, which Katolicky achieved being the youngest not only in Dukla, but in the entire league. For comparison, Benak didn’t have a good playoff run at all last year.
I think he’s a better prospect than Benak and could be a top 10 threat.

czech

Feb 23, 2009
Dukla lost today, but the most active in the match was again Katolicky, he rushed across the ice like lightning and scored two goals. In the playoff series, he scored 7 points in three games and is in the leads (!) (to be honest, he tie 1st-2nd place with Jakub Siler from the Plzen team (by the way, Katolicky is more than 4 years younger than Siler)) all league scorers (play-off).
I would like Dukla to win the series so I can watch Katolicky play further.

Last edited:
Reactions: Goodman68

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Dukla lost today, but the most active in the match was again Katolicky, he rushed across the ice like lightning and scored two goals. In the playoff series, he scored 7 points in three games and is in the leads (!) (to be honest, he tie 1st-2nd place with Jakub Siler from the Plzen team (by the way, Katolicky is more than 4 years younger than Siler)) all league scorers (play-off).
I would like Dukla to win the series so I can watch Katolicky play further.
How good do you think Katolicky can be?

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
How good do you think Katolicky can be?
It would be nice if he really was. Personally, I wouldn't dare to evaluate his potential yet, I want to see him at least at the WHC.. A year older, far more matches played, against top opponents and in a classic format (and not like the Youth Olympics). Then it will be much clearer about its potential.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
It would be nice if he really was. Personally, I wouldn't dare to evaluate his potential yet, I want to see him at least at the WHC.. A year older, far more matches played, against top opponents and in a classic format (and not like the Youth Olympics). Then it will be much clearer about its potential.
Agree, U16 is generally still too early to make any conclusions, especially when it comes to more physically mature players, which Katolicky certainly is.
That being said, he is a very intriguing prospect. I think he has a chance to make the Hlinka squad as an underager.

Reactions: Goodman68

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Ok 8 points in 6 games in U20 playoffs ... here is a crazy idea .. a potential suprise for U18 WCH? He even has the physical attributes already.

But idk is he even eligible as 15yrs old?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad