Extended Matthews vs Stutzle going forward?

Would you rather have Extended Matthews or Stutzle going forward?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

danny90

Nov 27, 2019
Matthews is a complete player with game breaking goal scoring ability not sure I’d risk that for any cheaper contract potential player

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Matthews is a complete player with game breaking goal scoring ability not sure I’d risk that for any cheaper contract potential player
You could say both of these things about Stützle, too. Matthews is better in both respects and at least a tier or two above Stü (Stü has literally said as much) so I'm not disagreeing with you btw. Just a comment.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Kucherov isn't better than a healthy Matthews. Head to head in the playoffs he's certainly not anywhere close for two straight series in a row.
Not anywhere close? He has two more points than Kucherov over the two series and is the only one of the two to have lost a series

Not to mention Kucherov’s 113 points this year

Kucherov is certainly a better player than Matthews

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Not anywhere close? He has two more points than Kucherov over the two series and is the only one of the two to have lost a series

different positions but I think on a year to year basis they could go either way but on paper I think most would select Matthews before Kucherov like the beginning of this season but that might change for next

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

Focusing on team achievements and considering offense only you might have a case. I've watched these guys head to head for the past few years in the regular season and playoffs and in no way is Kucherov a better player than Matthews.

There's a reason he has been 2nd and 1st the past few seasons in Hart and Lindsay voting. His two-way game absolutely destroys Kucherov's at this point.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
Focusing on team achievements and considering offense only you might have a case. I've watched these guys head to head for the past few years in the regular season and playoffs and in no way is Kucherov a better player than Matthews.

There's a reason he has been 2nd and 1st the past few seasons in Hart and Lindsay voting. His two-way game absolutely destroys Kucherov's at this point.
kuch has 59 points in back to back cup winning playoffs. that destroys matthews 40 points in 7 years.

matthews 2way game is overrated. he had 1 strong year thr rest hes been average defensively.

Last edited:

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018

Matthews is a better 2 way player but he’s not amazing defensively by any means

Both are top 5 players, Matthews has an advantage as a huge centre and Kuch has the better numbers and overall success

It’s honestly a tossup, I take back my earlier “certainly better” comment. For my money I’d take Kucherov though

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Everything is different now.

We have Matthews, Ottawa has Stutzle, Matthews is a UFA with a NMC kicking in on July 1st or whatever, we're going to get him signed or he's going to walk because he's a ****.

It is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad