Expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.

HVPOLARBEARS19

Nov 17, 2005
NY
Heh, this thread is going to get shot down b/c there have been 80,000,000 threads about this already...but, just to answer your question, I'd say it wont be for at least 5 years (absolute minimum, probably closer to 10, maybe even longer though) and I'd like to see two of Hartford, Winny or Quebec to get teams.

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005
When Should The League Expand By 2 Teams? Where Would These Teams Be Located?

Hartford, Hamilton, Quebec, Kansas City, Houston, Winnipeg Or Someplace Else

Not for a long time - until all current 30 teams are either stable and healthy or relocated. Not until after this CBA term is done (2011) at the earliest.

My top candidates (assuming no relocation in the mean time) are Houston (assuming Les Alexander is still interested) and Portland (if a local owner not named Paul Allen steps forward), with an honorable mention to KC. Although I'm still intrigued by the idea of a second team in the GTA, I don't see that happening. I'm not sold on the return to any of the WHA cities, although Winnipeg may be the best of that lot.

Hartford HockeyFan

Apr 14, 2006
These expansion threads are getting tiring and have been beaten :deadhorse. The NHL has no intentions of expanding anytime soon. The league will not expand past the current number of teams. These expansion threads need to stop. :banghead:

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
I agree. There's already 4 threads that discuss potential expansion on this page alone, we don't need a 5th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->