GDT: Expansion Draft - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
They protected everybody. Every roster player enstrom mathias dano stuart chairot postma. They didnt lose a roster player. That was the deal if it was just enstrom then they would have picked dano or mathias or chairot but they didnt.

But they could only pick 1 player not every exposed player and they made the deal because they didn't want to lose Enstrom. We have confirmation of all of this now. Sure they managed to walk away with no one picked but losing Enstrom wouldn't have been the end of the world and not worth the move down plus a 3rd.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The only reason Enstrom had to be protected in a deal was that the Jets went 7-3-1. If they'd gone 8-1 Enstrom would have been protected and the Jets would have lost Perry/Lowry/Armia etc. The Jets put themselves in that predicament because of their unnatural Lowry love.

I can pretty much guarantee that the Jets could move up quite high in this draft for #24 and Lowry. He was 2nd among Jets forwards in defensive impact last season.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
In 3 years, as Ehlers, Laine and Connor hit their primes, we might wish we had another Josh Morrissey instead of a Hunter Shinkaruk...

Or maybe Pastrnak instead of Koekkoek. This cherry picking is fun, but pointless.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Yes, there is. There's also a difference between Neal and Lowry.

Of course there is, but there is also a difference between pick 13 and pick 30 from a Vegas point of view.

Dimishing return. It's not clear that that alone would have been enough for Vegas to steer clear, since they might get more for him tomorrow.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
If they wouldn't have then Chevy got the shake down.

Maybe. Worth thinking about. Maybe he did it to protect Enstrom (and a promise to not let him get taken) but the result was he protected Dano (and Enstrom). Looks like Chevy pulled a Homer.

Maybe he trades Dano now.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
This keeps being mistated. The trade was to save Lowry because he is the one we lose if Enstrom doesn't waive. We didn't save Perreault and Lowry and Armia and Dano and Enstrom. We saved Lowry.

Quoted for truth. None of these moves are required if TNSE is able to let go of their Lowry-love and move on.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Maybe. Worth thinking about. Maybe he did it to protect Enstrom (and a promise to not let him get taken) but the result was he protected Dano (and Enstrom). Looks like Chevy pulled a Homer.

Maybe he trades Dano now.

What kind of trade value does he have?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
We got to keep everyone on our roster as a result. I wouldn't trade 24 + Dano or Enstrom to get to 13.

I'd do Dano and 24 for 13 in a hearbeat.:laugh: I wonder if Vegas would? Lets offer them that tomorrow and find out. They can keep the 3rd.

Of course that isn't what happened today. We didn't save Dano. We saved Lowry.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I'd do Dano and 24 for 13 in a hearbeat.:laugh: I wonder if Vegas would? Lets offer them that tomorrow and find out. They can keep the 3rd.

And then Enstrom. There was two parts to this. Would also do Dano and 24 for 13.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

We kept our roster intact.....for now

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
But they could only pick 1 player not every exposed player and they made the deal because they didn't want to lose Enstrom. We have confirmation of all of this now. Sure they managed to walk away with no one picked but losing Enstrom wouldn't have been the end of the world and not worth the move down plus a 3rd.

Of coarse they could only lose 1 player. But the jets made them pick from a list of 1. They could only pick the player that is retiring. They had no options to pick anybody but thorburn thats why it cost them 11 spots.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Or maybe saved Armia. You can tell the draft is soon because of all of the overvaluation of draft picks.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Or maybe Pastrnak instead of Koekkoek. This cherry picking is fun, but pointless.

We could say that about everything here! :laugh:

I was just looking at our last 13th pick and the 24th from that same year. But I forgot that Chevy has the magic draft mojo that means he automatically takes the best player available with his 1st round pick. It's quite a skill - almost as impressive as his skill at digging himself out of holes he put himself in!

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Of coarse they could only lose 1 player. But the jets made them pick from a list of 1. They could only pick the player that is retiring. They had no options to pick anybody but thorburn thats why it cost them 11 spots.

The value is all that I disagree with. None of the guys exposed were worth that IMO.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
I can pretty much guarantee that the Jets could move up quite high in this draft for #24 and Lowry. He was 2nd among Jets forwards in defensive impact last season.

If they can move up to 13th or better, they should do that.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Or maybe saved Armia. You can tell the draft is soon because of all of the overvaluation of draft picks.

I just hope he didn't overvalue Enstrom and ge bounces back next year. A 14 point dman that takes bad penalties and looks noticably slower is not worth the move down. Everyone has Enstrom of two year ago in their minds. He was abysmal last year.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Juat wait for the next ED when we have to protect Laine, Connor, Roslovic, Ehlers, Scheif etc etc.

Bettman said today they have no plans for a second round of expansion. It was a two year process this time. If they change their mind in two years then we're 4 years away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad