Speculation: Expansion Draft Discussion Part III - The Final Haul

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
id rather have Las Vegas taking Emelin.

Right now we have 0 center

Having plekanec for 1 more year cant be that bad.

He had a bad year but everyone forgot he was pretty decent 2 years ago

Sergachev, Beaulieu, Emelin gone... within what, 10 days ?

who plays left side then ? Markov (if he re-signs) Jerabek (if he's good enough to stick around) and...

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
What if Vegas has a verbal agreement with Radulov to sign him after July 1st, and proceed to pick whoever from MTL in the expansion (Emelin/Davidson + 1st for Staal). Could they get in trouble for that (since Habs could get in trouble if found having verbal agreement with Radulov before trade freeze) or not really?

Because that would royally suck for us.

Do you think they had time to talk about trades with other teams, decide who to pick, and talk to ufas all in 2 days?

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Will the worst GM in the league makes his selections already... I'm kinda bored. Bored enough to enumerate some particles: leptons, baryons, hadrons, weeee.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
If you were really bored, you'd enumerate popes.
In my catholic high school for detention we'd get Stanley Cup lists, where we'd have to write by hand every year, winning team, losing team, winning coach, losing coach, winning captain, and I think the final series score. Al Albour, Al Albour, Al Albour, blah. They found out we didn't mind this nearly as much, so for the bad kids they had us do Pope lists. Those sucked so much.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
What if Vegas has a verbal agreement with Radulov to sign him after July 1st, and proceed to pick whoever from MTL in the expansion (Emelin/Davidson + 1st for Staal). Could they get in trouble for that (since Habs could get in trouble if found having verbal agreement with Radulov before trade freeze) or not really?

Because that would royally suck for us.

I doubt McPhee would want to do that to a fellow GM.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Taranna could make a splash with trades.

Anyone in mind ?

I doubt they'd trade any one of Marner or Matthews (as in: ever).

Nylander, I wouldn't, but I could see him dangled if it meant a legit D.

Kadri, for sure I could see him traded for some defense.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I am a little unclear on what will happen tomorrow, can someone explain,
What time is the expansion draft?
Will it be televised?
How long is it?
When can trades occur and with who(anyone or just Vegas)?
Thank you

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I am a little unclear on what will happen tomorrow, can someone explain,
What time is the expansion draft?
Will it be televised?
How long is it?

I don't know if it will be during the NHL Awards or after. But Sportsnet will have a 30-minute Draft Preview show at 7:30 and the Awards will be from 8PM to 10PM. The Expansion Draft will be televised.

When can trades occur and with who(anyone or just Vegas)?

At the moment, teams can only trade with Vegas. But as of Thursday 8AM, the trade freeze ends and all teams can trade with each other again.

Thank you

You're welcome.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I don't know if it will be during the NHL Awards or after. But Sportsnet will have a 30-minute Draft Preview show at 7:30 and the Awards will be from 8PM to 10PM. The Expansion Draft will be televised.

At the moment, teams can only trade with Vegas. But as of Thursday 8AM, the trade freeze ends and all teams can trade with each other again.

You're welcome.

:cheers:

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
What do you think McPhee is going to say to the other GMs? Talk about taking statements at face value... That's just McPhee treading intelligently.

Listen you can argue all you want, but if Vegas picks Fleury it just proves what the owner said.

Listen to reason.. give it a rest. You're not tge voice of reason. Go watch his PC's. McPhee's statement is an open invitation for negociations where he'll have the upper hand. Are you that gullible?

Man were you ever wrong about everything you said in this thread about LV being competitive ? Complete turd of a line up compared to what they could have gotten. Also, Pittsburgh gave LV a pick to take Fleury implying that they wouldn't have taken Fleury otherwise. So I guess you're the one who was gullible after all.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Man were you ever wrong about everything you said in this thread about LV being competitive ? Complete turd of a line up compared to what they could have gotten. Also, Pittsburgh gave LV a pick to take Fleury implying that they wouldn't have taken Fleury otherwise. So I guess you're the one who was gullible after all.

Pretty much, I remembered the argument but I had to go reread it, you were spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad