Exhibition: Aug 27 GDT - Czech Republic vs. Sweden (5-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Does anyone know if Patrik Elias is playing? I heard he was kept out of the last game with a sore hamstring i think it was.

bling

Jun 23, 2004
Yellowcard said:
Does anyone know if Patrik Elias is playing? I heard he was kept out of the last game with a sore hamstring i think it was.

I thought it was a groin strain? In either case it was injury related.

joolzie

Sep 24, 2003
Michigan
www.lolabug.com
You can get Czech play-by-play here: http://hokej.idnes.cz/db_online.asp?online=1001570

They list the Swedish line-up as Tellquist - Johnsson, Soderström, Norström, Ragnarsson, Tarnström, Öhlund, D. Tjarnqvist - Alfredsson, Sundin, Axelsson - Näslund, Zetterberg, Holmström - Pahlsson, Jönsson, Modin - D. Sedin, H. Sedin, Ekman.

Czechs: Vokoun - Å koula, Fischer, Å légr, T. Kaberle, Malík, R. Hamrlík - Hejduk, Reichel, Ručinský - Sýkora, Vašíček, Eliáš - Dvořák, Straka, Havlát - Čajánek, Prospal, Vlasák.

And Sweden just scored. Bah. No more replies from me! :)

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
joolzie said:
You can get Czech play-by-play here: http://hokej.idnes.cz/db_online.asp?online=1001570

They list the Swedish line-up as Tellquist - Johnsson, Soderström, Norström, Ragnarsson, Tarnström, Öhlund, D. Tjarnqvist - Alfredsson, Sundin, Axelsson - Näslund, Zetterberg, Holmström - Pahlsson, Jönsson, Modin - D. Sedin, H. Sedin, Ekman.

Czechs: Vokoun - Å koula, Fischer, Å légr, T. Kaberle, Malík, R. Hamrlík - Hejduk, Reichel, Ručinský - Sýkora, Vašíček, Eliáš - Dvořák, Straka, Havlát - Čajánek, Prospal, Vlasák.

Thanks. :)

bling

Jun 23, 2004
joolzie said:

Thanks joolzie, I used this link the other day and then did not bookmark it. Today I am a Czech fan..LOL

bling

Jun 23, 2004
Tied 1 to 1 after the first period.

Naslund for Swe and Vlasak for Czech.

Last edited:

m-gro

Jan 26, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
What happened at 12:47 of the first? Something involving Alfredsson and Vokoun?

"Alfredsson trefil z prostoru mezi kruhy pravou ty? Vokounovy branky."

(sorry, I can't read Czech...)

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
Swedish radio reports
that it's not much of a game,
that Näslund's goal was a beauty,
that Tellquist has been very good and was without chance on the equaliser and
that Vlasak is the best player on the Czech team.

bling

Jun 23, 2004
Leo Naphta said:
Swedish radio reports
that it's not much of a game,
that Näslund's goal was a beauty,
that Tellquist has been very good and was without chance on the equaliser and that Vlasak is the best player on the Czech team.

So it was Naslund who scored and not Sundin? Ooops! :blush:

bling

Jun 23, 2004
How come the Swedish site has Thomas Vokoun listed as Jiri Vokoun?

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
A new update from Swedish radio:
Overall the game has gotten better.
The Czechs are apparently shooting low on Tellquist, who is still reported as having a good game.
The Swedish PP-line (Lidström - Sundin - Näslund - Holmström - Jönsson) is creating pressure for Sweden in every power play.
The Swedish penalty kill is lousy.
The Swedish fourth line (Johansson - PÃ¥hlsson - Modin) is having a good game. In particular Modin is playing well.

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
Prospal makes it 4-1 for the Czechs. Apparently the shot went in from half the rink. Tellquists performance on that one was according to Swedish radio worse than Salos on that last goal vs Belarus.

Sundin than makes it 4-2.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Leo Naphta said:
Tellquists performance on that one was according to Swedish radio worse than Salos on that last goal vs Belarus.

Hardy sure does not have an easy task ahead of him, Tellqvist or Salo.. hmmz. Who knows, perhaps even Lundqvist is the best choice... but I don't blame them for not testing such an inexperienced goalie.. although I would have liked it :)

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
Predatore said:
Hardy sure does not have an easy task ahead of him, Tellqvist or Salo.. hmmz. Who knows, perhaps even Lundqvist is the best choice... but I don't blame them for not testing such an inexperienced goalie.. although I would have liked it :)

It was a mistake not to go with Hedberg. I've felt that all the time. However, of these three, I'm still most comfortable with Tellquist.

By the way, have you watched the game Pred, and if so, has Tellquist choked all the time?

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Lundqvist isn't used to the angles of a small rink. They have to go with Telly or Salo. About doing a "salo", I prefer that Tellqvist lets in one of those in a practice game instead of doing it in a game that actually has meaning. Tellqvist usually play well in big games so I'm not worried about him.

In any case, we still have three more games to think about the goalies..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->