Excessive backlog

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Do you have it?

backlogg.png

I went over all the games I currently posses and gathered them on this site backloggery.com and safe to say I was a bit terrified. I have been a collector for half a decade or so but this is just crazy. 636, Almost 87% of my games are unfinished. Granted, I have finished more games for almost all of the systems listed but arent listed because I dont have them anymore or I cant seem to find them. Currently on hold buying games until October (paper mario, last guardian) so I should be able to get some games finished, with 3 games done this past week and another one today I am on a roll! :P

How does your backlog look?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I used to buy stuff on steam sales, until I realized I've only even installed like 30-40% of my steam purchases. I don't anymore.

Back when I was bigger into torrenting I had around 100GB of music I never got around to listening to. And now my Netflix list is probably 100 movies long.

Welcome to the digital age.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
All but 24 of those games are physical, dont think I even listed my digital PC purchases on that list at least.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
All but 24 of those games are physical, dont think I even listed my digital PC purchases on that list at least.

Unless you have some strange sort of analog computing console, they're still digital. Physical media can (and typically is) digital. The compression of information into smaller and smaller packages is the symptom of the digital age. To have a backlog of music in the analog era would mean shelves and shelves and shelves of records. Even moving to CDs cut the requisite space down dramatically, let alone the more recent movement to hard drives. That reduction in space required, and the simultaneous drop in price, allowed people to collect more than they could consume.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
I find it almost impossible to actually complete games lately. I used to be a trophy/achievement hunter and I would always play games with the intention of getting a Platinum/100% on the game.

After getting a normal 8-5 job and my wife having a baby, I pretty much stick to Overwatch and games without an actual ending. When I do play linear games, I have a real hard time actually playing through it. I do pretty decent on my 3DS, though.

Belamorte

Feed Your Head
Nov 14, 2003
North American Scum
According to Steam Calculator, I have 799 games I haven't even played yet.

I am in the same boat 645 games not played, not to mention the amount of games I have on GoG and Origin. As far as completing games? I would guess I have (not counting games you never really complete - like Civ's or Paradox type games) less than 20 I have ever completed from start to finish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad