Everything -> Tuesday's Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egil

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
Does anyone know why the media is making such a big deal about the league rejecting the players porposal? That was pretty much a given on Thursday, was it not?

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Egil said:
Does anyone know why the media is making such a big deal about the league rejecting the players porposal? That was pretty much a given on Thursday, was it not?

exactly right. there's really no room for optimism and pessimism in this because none of us knows what the league is going to counter-propose. The chance of a season all rides on their proposal and its nature. If it's of a strict "CAP! CAP! CAP!" base, then...forget it...we're done. If it takes the basic framework of the players' proposal(tosses out the silly rollback, boosts the silly luxury tax numbers) then we're still negotiating...and there's an okay shot at salvaging the season. I just don't want to cave in like in 94 just to get back on the ice. If losing a season will fix some of the problems in the game...I'm all for it.

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
Egil said:

Not much else to talk about i guess. If anyone actually thought the Owners were gonna accept the players proposal they are naive. The owners will counters the offer and more than likely the players will reject the offer and offer another counter offer. Thats just the nature of the beast.

As long as they are talking i'll still have hope. But if they are stop talking all hope is lost.

Egil

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
If the players walk out after 5 minutes, it will look poorly on them. No matter WHAT the league proposes, it will take more than 5 minutes to go through it correctly.

coyotechrisz

Apr 21, 2004
Egil said:
If the players walk out after 5 minutes, it will look poorly on them. No matter WHAT the league proposes, it will take more than 5 minutes to go through it correctly.

Yeah.. would be a joke for sure.

I hope for the best, and a Saison this year. No Season with year would be HUGE Damage.. but many players aren't interesting in that.. :speechles

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Egil said:

What else do they have to talk about?

Egil

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
Also of note is that yesterday in 1994 the players "Final offer" was rejected. All this impending doom stuff if talks break off after today is even more BS, they still have another month.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
shakes said:
And it will end at 1:05 PM Eastern Time

Great!

Little do most people realize, but our lockout began on April 28, 1996. A journalist in Edmonton wrote that we have been waiting 3, 750 days locked out of the NHL, Compared to a mere 90 days or so, for current NHL teams.

I hope the owners do not give an inch. I don't want to be left without NHL hockey this year, but if it improves the chances of small market teams to be competetive, then I will be prepared to suffer until October 2005.

Chances are within a couple of years, teams like Anaheim, Carolina, Nashville, and Florida will want to relocate after the novelty of the NHL has dwindled. What better cities than the Winnipeg's,Quebec's, and Hamilton's to replace the sunbelt teams!

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Jets4Life said:
Great!

Little do most people realize, but our lockout began on April 28, 1996. A journalist in Edmonton wrote that we have been waiting 3, 750 days locked out of the NHL, Compared to a mere 90 days or so, for current NHL teams.

I hope the owners do not give an inch. I don't want to be left without NHL hockey this year, but if it improves the chances of small market teams to be competetive, then I will be prepared to suffer until October 2005.

Chances are within a couple of years, teams like Anaheim, Carolina, Nashville, and Florida will want to relocate after the novelty of the NHL has dwindled. What better cities than the Winnipeg's,Quebec's, and Hamilton's to replace the sunbelt teams!
:lol :lol

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
nomorekids said:
I just don't want to cave in like in 94 just to get back on the ice. If losing a season will fix some of the problems in the game...I'm all for it.

Unfortunetely while you're probably right on losing a season might be good if it fixes the NHL's problems, the reality of the fact is that there is no way the NHL could sustain such damage as being the first sport to lose an entire season including the playoffs, and would without a doubt put the final nail in the hockey coffin in as far as American interest in the sport goes and would probably set the sport back about 30-40 years

coyotechrisz

Apr 21, 2004
go kim johnsson said:
Unfortunetely while you're probably right on losing a season might be good if it fixes the NHL's problems, the reality of the fact is that there is no way the NHL could sustain such damage as being the first sport to lose an entire season including the playoffs, and would without a doubt put the final nail in the hockey coffin in as far as American interest in the sport goes and would probably set the sport back about 30-40 years

perfect said.. sad but true :cry:

No Season would be worst case for Hockey!

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
Jets4Life said:
Great!

oh dear. let's stay on topic here and not get sidetracked talking about winnipeg getting the jets back.

HckyFght*

I, for one, miss the Jets. Here in DC we only saw them sparingly, but they were always a tough well disciplined team and gave us some truly memorable games. I would be thrilled to see Winnipeg get another relocated team. Not much of a post I know. But some fans here in the States loved your team.
-HckyFght!

HckyFght*

crossxcheck said:
oh dear. let's stay on topic here and not get sidetracked talking about winnipeg getting the jets back.

Isn't the topic of this thread what time the talks resume?
How many time do you wanna hear 1PM?
-HckyFght!

coyotechrisz

Apr 21, 2004
HckyFght said:
-HckyFght!

No it isn't. My first question was the time.. and a topic only for that question is dumb..

So it's EVERYTHING about today's Meeting.. and after the Meeting topic can be closed/ or not!

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
go kim johnsson said:

Well, I guess that's an effective way to get NHL salaries down - Kill off your demand :joker:

For me personally, they better find a way to make it work, and find a way to play hockey this year... Hockey, to me, is an entertainment event... I pay good money to watch NHL hockey live... I feel like this is basically a fight over my (and other regular ticket holders) $... Fair enough, but there comes a point when enough is enough... **** me off and instead of an event where I pay (invest) thousands of dollars, hockey will be my favourite TV show...

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Egil said:
The media seems to be siding with the players right now and presenting this as
a REJECTION as opposed to a counter offer.

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
HckyFght said:
-HckyFght!

I just wanted to talk about the cba, etc. without arguing about relocation, contraction, etc. That's all. :D

That being said...anyone close to a radio like last week that will be providing updates as the talks go along?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->