Recalled/Assigned: Everything is Awesome! ...but Flames Recall Wotherspoon

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
CALGARY, AB -- The Calgary Flames announced today that they have recalled defenceman Tyler Wotherspoon from the Adirondack Flames of the American Hockey League.

Wotherspoon, Calgary’s second round pick (57th overall) in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, has played 46 games for Adirondack this season recording 21 points (2G, 19A). The Surrey, BC native played 14 games for the NHL’s Flames last season and had four assists and four PIMs.

http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=755457

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Hartley is thinking about using all 7 defenseman today. Engelland could possibly play as a forward.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Randy Sportak @SUNRandySportak
#Flames had Potter with Diaz one pairing, Russell with Wideman on another and Brodie with Engelland. Unless they play 7 D, Wotherspoon out

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm curious about Engelland & Brodie playing together. I've been saying all year Engelland would look better with a mobile LHD defenseman. I guess we will see......

Also I am very much in favor of dressing 7 defensemen to spread the workload so we don't overload Brodie, Wideman and Russell.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I'm curious about Engelland & Brodie playing together. I've been saying all year Engelland would look better with a mobile LHD defenseman. I guess we will see......

Also I am very much in favor of dressing 7 defensemen to spread the workload so we don't overload Brodie, Wideman and Russell.

Yeah, I hope we see 7D dressed. Our top 3 guys are all gonna be playing 25+ easily I think.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Aaron Vickers @AAVickers
Would expect 6 D in the lineup for the #Flames. Wotherspoon off the ice well after teammates. Potter likely in for his first game.

Was really hoping we'd see a little bit of Tyler.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Engelland will be playing 20mins + tonight. I have a good feeling.

The good news is we are 3-0 with Engelland playing more than 19 min, unfortunately all 3 were in the first 6 games when we played our most unsustainable hockey before we started massively sheltering our 3rd pairing. I think we will see a lot of goals, hopeful we get a chance to see Wotherspoon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad