Line Combos: Everybody is Healthy Line Thread

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
With our new acquisitions and our one loss (Sorry Hangman). How do you see the lines going forward if/when everybody is healthy.

My Thoughts:

Smith-Karlsson-March
Perron-Haula-Neal
Tatar-Eakin-Tuch
Nosek-Bellemare-Carrier

Extras Lindberg, Carpenter and Reaves (Hyka hopefully winning a Calder in Chicago)

I really think the 3rd line has been the only one that hasn't completely held up its end of the bargain. Until Bellemare is back I would love to see Nosek move up and play between Tatar and Tuch. Eakin centering Reaves and Carpenter on the 4th.

Hopefully Neal is healthy tonight and they can start getting the rest of the guys back over the next couple of weeks.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I also go with a Tatar-Carpenter-Tuch line for a while to try it out.

I watch hockey at a depth much shallower than someone like HanSolo or a hardcore coaching-type, but I've seen nothing out of Eakin that makes me think he should have a spot on that line if Carpenter can center.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
With our new acquisitions and our one loss (Sorry Hangman). How do you see the lines going forward if/when everybody is healthy.

My Thoughts:

Smith-Karlsson-March
Perron-Haula-Neal
Tatar-Eakin-Tuch
Nosek-Bellemare-Carrier

Extras Lindberg, Carpenter and Reaves (Hyka hopefully winning a Calder in Chicago)

I really think the 3rd line has been the only one that hasn't completely held up its end of the bargain. Until Bellemare is back I would love to see Nosek move up and play between Tatar and Tuch. Eakin centering Reaves and Carpenter on the 4th.

Hopefully Neal is healthy tonight and they can start getting the rest of the guys back over the next couple of weeks.

I'd swap Carrier for Lindberg due to his playoffs last year.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Lindbergs body of work with Vegas has been lacking to say the least... I’d be hesitant to put him in the line up just based off last years playoffs

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Lindbergs body of work with Vegas has been lacking to say the least... I’d be hesitant to put him in the line up just based off last years playoffs

Gotta let Eakin and Lindberg do their thing. They'll come up big in the playoffs. Believe that.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I'd leave the top 2 lines the same obviously and give Carpenter a good solid 5-6 games here at 3C to see if he can adequately play middle between Tuch and Tatar. If not throw him on RW with Nosek and Bellemare. Reaves just for games against physical teams. If Carpy can't hack it at the 3C I don't see any option but to make due with Eakin there. Don't really see Lindberg or Carrier getting in the lineup consistently barring injuries.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
For sure. Better defensive, more gritty. He was good in NYR and great when Sweden won gold over Canada in World Championship.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Why do people obsess over past playoff performances? Small sample size and very different circumstances. One bounce and things can change too.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
The two most replaceable players in my book right now are Lindberg and Eakin. We gotta get Hyka back up. Turk's lack of faith in the bottom two lines was glaring last night when he kept putting Karlsson's line back out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad