Every team's need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
Ok here's my question, what type of player does your team need in their system?

Since I'm a Wings fan, I'll start with them, the Wings are in need of a Power Forward type of player, sombody who can crash the net hard and put the puck in, somone who's a physical force out there, somone who's not afraid of dropping the gloves (optional).

I wish the Wings had a Rick Nash type of player in their system, they would have a shinning future with a solid offencive core along with other guys like Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Grigorenko, Hudler, and so on.

The defence seems to be solid, but the Wings can always use another defender in the same league of Fischer and Kronwall, that will give us a solid future top 4, our #5 and #6 defenders seem to be easy to find, Meech looks like one of them.

As for goaltending, it's always nice to have a Fleury type of goalie in your system, but those are rare so I'm pretty happy with what we have, Howard seems to be a very solid pick and should be a future starter, not to mention Liv is another one.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Since Nashville pretty much filled their blue line need last year with the additions of Suter, Sulzer, Klein and Co.

Nashville has a problem with not having a lot of secondary scoring from their center position, namely Denis Arkhipuff.

So this year, I imagine that Poile and Co are going to go scorer with just about every pick they've got, which wouldn't surprise me.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Montreal still needs a Power Forward and IMO a right-handed d-man. We look good at LD (Souray, Hainsey, Markov, Bouillon, Beauchemin), but RD is weak behind Komisarek. Plus, Brisebois, Rivet and Quintal are getting old, so a RD could be a good choice. And since Ward, Kilger and Ryder are starting to provide some forward toughness the need for a Power Forward is less important then it was in the past. So, my choice is a RD. Is Barker a RD or a LD? (I didn't start to really read about the draft so... :P). If he isn't, who in your opinion is the best RD avaliable.

Our forward depth is really good so I cannot see the Habs going after a forward, except if it's Ovechkin (unlikely) or if it's a top notch Power Forward. Otherwise, I stick with my RD idea.

The perfect selection would be a Power Forward who's right-handed and who plays center :P Well, we need Nathan Horton he, he :yo:

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
The Canucks need more top 6 potential forwards ( snipers, power forward wingers, or Big 2 way #1 center), and some defensive defenseman to go along with the glut of offensive defenseman( Koltsov, Mojzis, Skinner, Vydarney).

#37-#93-#27*

Rangers
Without a doubt, top pair defensive stud defenseman.

Thinking about it, last year this list would be huge. Power forward, Speedsters, offensive players (however we're still lacking in all three)

CoolburnIsGone

Wow, several people feel their team needs a PF. Makes me feel better about FL's future now that we have a 1-2 punch in Horton & Stewart. Center is extremely deep for FL with Weiss, Jokinen, Horton & Nedorost. Left-handed d-men, especially offensive ones are deep as well with Krajicek, Novak, & Bouwmeester.

The 2 positions that I see as an absolute need are a sniping top line LW who isn't a floater and a bruising right-handed top 4 potential d-man. Secondary need would be goaltending prospects.

john g

Mar 6, 2002
Korbi
Pens need -- $$$, a new contract with its concessions and parking, a new arena

oh perhaps you meant player-wise -- you name it ;)

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
Bruins have a excellent bunch of Defense and Goaltending is no longer a problem.
We really need a few forwards who are sure shots at the NHL. We seem to have many players who can make it(Hilbert, Huml,etc.) but they are not guarntees

degroat*

St. Louis
1. Defenseman w/ top pairing potential - After Shawn Belle, things get pretty thin at defense for the Blues.
2. Scoring Forwards - They've got a few good ones in Sejna, Shkotov, and Zakharov, but the Blues have no cheap talented fowards other than Cajanek at the NHL level so some of the guys mentioned above might get rushed to the NHL level.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Sabres -

Top pairing defensemen

Big top 2 line center

Big, mean, nasty defensemen

Another goalie prospect to add to the pipeline

And Ovechkin of course........

frosty

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
DutchLeafsfan said:
Leafs have good defensive depth, as well as somepretty good playmaking and goaltending prospects. Needed would be goalscoring, a PF with size would be nice...
Agreed the Leafs need some fast goalscoring wingers, preferably on the left wing. Leafs are strong on defense and have a few playmaking centre's, in goal Tellqvist should be the future starter for the Leafs but I would like for them to take a goalie in the draft in the later rounds(3rd-5th rounder).

looooob

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
icarus said:
The Flames could use a big, skilled forward, preferably a C.
Agree. Our first need is cleary an elite big fast center.
A winger with high end offensive talent would be nice also

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
#37-#93-#27 said:
Rangers
Without a doubt, top pair defensive stud defenseman.

Thinking about it, last year this list would be huge. Power forward, Speedsters, offensive players (however we're still lacking in all three)

As far as prospects go, we need size down the middle, size/toughness on defense. Depth on the wing. Basically everything but goaltender, but even that is in question until Blackburn recovers from his shoulder woes.

leafaholix*

I agree with Dutch and frosty on the first one.

1. Goalscorer, preferably European... :D... preferably Swedish... or Dutch.
2. Big, strapping defenseman... two way... good skater.
3. Power forward... preferably from the Calgary Hitmen... initials A.L.

West

Mar 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
DanyHeatley#1Fan said:
Montreal still needs a Power Forward and IMO a right-handed d-man.

It's your lucky year then, both Mike Green Sasktoon and Lewis Grant Dartmouth are right handed D with excellent potential and as of right now I'd say their both underrated by CSS.

GB

Mar 6, 2002
UK
I'd say the Habs main need would be to get a couple of big centres in the system who can play on the top two lines. we don't have any players or prospects like that at the moment. Also I tend to think power-forwards are over-rated in terms of importance. You don't need one to win a Cup so I'd rather we didn't waste picks getting players that take an age to develop. It'd be nice to grab another decent goalie prospect just to add depth and I think a couple of lower pairing defencemen would nicely round out the Habs future blue-line.

X-SHARKIE

The Sharks have good prospects everywhere. Bernier,Michalek,Hennessy,Boyes,Goc,Morris upfront.
Gorges,Carle,Spang,Ehrhoff,Murray on Defense
and Patzold and Ehelechner in goal.

I dont know, I hear that were just going to take the best player overall. Sharks hold a 1st rounder, and two 2nd rounders in the next few drafts. Judging by Wilsons activities at the draft in 2003 he likes to make moves and get the guys his scouts like. Not just waite and hope. Sharks could move up in 2004 and I would mabey like to see them add Drew Stafford to the team. Sharks love two way players though. Carld Soderburg from Swe could be the guy we take. Wouldnt be suprised.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->